Engi-elementalists and Rangers resurrection

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

Ok, I understand that ranger can resurrect himself instantly while he’s down because he sucks anyway but engi-elementalists? they are overpowered arleady with these knockback bombs and yet they are even more ovepowered while they have resurrection.

Posted by: Keelin.5781

Keelin.5781

What.

15chars

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

Well, kill the engi before he can use booby trap then. That skill has a long timer that they can’t use right away when downed.

Posted by: Sylentir.8913

Sylentir.8913

Since when can the engineer resurrect themselves? Did something significant change?

Also, engineers have one of the weaker downed states. Mesmers, elementalists, and thieves can block a stomp once regardless of blinds/stability. Engineers, along with every other profession, cannot block while blinded or while the opponent has stability.

Talia Gallowglass [Few] ~ Sylvari Engineer Main
Ferguson’s Crossing

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Yea, I’d love to find out how to self-rez as an Engi. That’d be really helpful considering our abysmal downed skills. And if we get our bomb off, you did it wrong. Cuz that timer is way too long.

Only thing I can think of is thrown Elixir R. But that means we have to a) have it equipped and b) use it before we get downed.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Some additional detail as to what specifically he’s talking about would be nice.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I’m guessing he still has to figure out how to counter elixir r

Psychol.5783

I’m talking about elementalists with bombs, they get up half second after they are down.
I don’t how this build is called but it’s better than engineers.

(edited by Psychol.5783)

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Uhm , i don’t know what to say..Elementalist with bomb is new to me…how long have you played this game OP?

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

oh? I am overpowered? I didn’t notice…

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

Did I just read “engineers,” “downed,” and “overpowered” all in the same post?

I want to live in your world, bro.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Elementalists with bombs…I don’t know if this is a troll post or not, but if they get up right away after they’re downed, then either an enemy they tagged died, or they used Glyph of Renewal in fire.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I been playing ele since beta….where do I get these bombs cause kitten, I want ’em!

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

I’m talking about elementalists with bombs,

Ok, I thought I knew what you were referring to (even if it was a L2P issue) but now you lost me completely…

What in the kitten buddy…?

Attachments:

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

The elementalists downed state is terrible. Vapor Form is next to useless in WvW/PvP, and Grasping Earth is an absolutely terrible channeled skill that takes so long to cool down and cast it might as well just be an empty slot for all the good it does anyone.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

The elementalists downed state is terrible. Vapor Form is next to useless in WvW/PvP, and Grasping Earth is an absolutely terrible channeled skill that takes so long to cool down and cast it might as well just be an empty slot for all the good it does anyone.

Sadly, I’m going to have to agree here. Vapor Form needs to last a little longer so an ele can get the kitten out of dodge, cause there isn’t a snowflakes chance of taking someone not almost dead down with skill 1.

But I think the OP isn’t talking about downed, I think he’s talking about dead….as in caput, so I really want to know how to get back up from that without waypointing or someone being really nice and coming to save me.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

My ele has bombs now? Kewl! Can you link the skill OP. I’m such a noob.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Ele downed state is weak in WvW/SPvP, now I’ve heard them all!

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Ele downed state is weak in WvW/SPvP, now I’ve heard them all!

I guess it depends on the situation haha

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Vapor Form weak in WvW? You’re joking right?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Wolfheart.1938

Nah not really, while autoattack and 3rd skill definitely suck, second skill (the most important in SPvP) allows for good repositioning and guarantees you a stomp-interruption (contrary to every single other 2nd skill, it works against stealth-stomps, stability stomps, teleport-stomps, blind-stomps, invulnerability stomp and every other stomp known to tyriankind). Being stomps one of the core mechanics of SPvP, being able to counter all of them makes one of the strongest downed states…. Not to mention it allows you to enter keeps/towers after being downed outside them, a huge advantage. There are some really strong 3rd skills such as Warriors and Rangers but they don’t matter too much as those classes have a weak 2nd skill and rarely get to use their third.

Now now, I have no idea what the OP is talking about when he says about autoressing elementalists, but when he talks about engineers and rangers he probably refers to thrown Elixir R and the elite spirit. Both have their counters and huge cooldowns to offset them, so I don’t see the problem really O.o

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Psychol.5783

I don’t know exactly what it is but I’m talking about something that they throwing which knockbacks to the hell that I can’t even get up.
They are using knockback instead of vapor form also and turrets.

Wolfheart.1938

When you get trashed in SPvP, just go in spectator mode and watch the players that owned you. This way you can identify what skills they are using and how they work, avoiding embarassing yourself with posts that claim that something you know nothing about is OP.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Since I haven’t played engi, I wasn’t aware of elixer r (something to keep note of), and I had totally forgotten about my ranger spirit (show you how much I use it?). Haha, go me.

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

I don’t know exactly what it is but I’m talking about something that they throwing which knockbacks to the hell that I can’t even get up.

…What?

Your posting history shows that you’ve been here for at least 6 months, so… I’m genuinely confused if you’re a troll or just honestly completely clueless.

The things you’re talking about don’t exist. Elementalists don’t have “instant rez”.

Rangers can rez themselves with their Spirit of Nature Elite .

Engineers can rez themselves with Elixir R’s Toolbelt kit .

Elementalists can’t do any of that. Much less do they have any kind of knockback while they’re downed. What you’re describing seems like their elite skill Tornado . They can’t use that while downed unless there’s some horrible new bug we’re all unaware of.

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

Engi-elementalists are only on the top-secret test server dude. You’re crapping all over the NDA.

But I agree, the Calamity Bombardier downed skill is overpowered under certain conditions. However you have to consider the following:

- In order to get the kind of instant turnaround you’re describing, you have to trait it with Pyroclastic Laser Velociraptor-Maelstrom and Shrapnel Holocaust Smilodon-Frappe, which are both Grandmaster traits, as well as Precognitive Artillery Guidance Gnomes, and your choice of Banshee Aetherstorm Apparatus or Bio-mechanical Wendigo Mandibles for taste, if you like the combo of Vulnerable/Poisoned/Bamboozled/Weakness more than Bleeding/Chilled/Hoodwinked/Weakness.

- Doing so prevents you from taking any of the traits that contribute to the Titan Cataphract build where you focus more on the Bazooka configuration of your two-handed Mountain Cleaver, which can construct skeletal iron golems and knock them backwards in time to assassinate John Connors. I don’t know if you’ve tried that build, but it’s pretty strong, especially when you’re fighting things in the Phantom Zone. So there’s definitely an element of sacrifice in blocking yourself out of anything higher than 10 in your Skynet trait line.

- In order to get the true instant-rez effect, you have to toggle the Avatar State (F3) before you’re downed. And in case you skipped the part of the tutorial that explains that (blah, blah, blah, where’s the skip to the end button, I don’t even care that they hired Liam Neeson to be the voice of the apocryphal hidden interdimensional Seventh Elder Dragon of Heavy Metal if he won’t shut up about our class features, am I right?), doing so risks breaking the cycle of Reincarnation if you fail to rally, which would leave Fire Lord Ozai free to ravage the Earth Kingdom with his armada of flamethrower zeppelins.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

(edited by Melchior.2135)

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Engi-elementalists are only on the top-secret test server dude. You’re crapping all over the NDA.

But I agree, the Calamity Bombardier downed skill is overpowered under certain conditions. However you have to consider the following:

- In order to get the kind of instant turnaround you’re describing, you have to trait it with Pyroclastic Laser Velociraptor-Maelstrom and Shrapnel Holocaust Smilodon-Frappe, which are both Grandmaster traits, as well as Precognitive Artillery Guidance Gnomes, and your choice of Banshee Aetherstorm Apparatus or Bio-mechanical Wendigo Mandibles for taste, if you like the combo of Vulnerable/Poisoned/Weakness more than Bleeding/Chilled/Weakness.

- Doing so prevents you from taking any of the traits that contribute to the Titan Cataphract build where you focus more on the Bazooka configuration of your two-handed Mountain Cleaver, which can construct skeletal iron golems and knock them backwards in time to assassinate John Connors. I don’t know if you’ve tried that build, but it’s pretty strong, so there’s definitely an element of sacrifice in blocking yourself out of anything higher than 10 in your Skynet trait line.

- In order to get the true instant-rez effect, you have to toggle the Avatar State (F3) before you’re downed. And in case you skipped the part of the tutorial that explains the risk (blah, blah, blah, where’s the skip to the end button, I don’t even care that they hired Liam Neeson to be the voice of the apocryphal hidden interdimensional Seventh Elder Dragon of Heavy Metal if he won’t shut up about our class features, am I right?), doing so risks breaking the cycle of Reincarnation if you fail to rally, which would leave Fire Lord Ozai free to ravage the Earth Kingdom with his armada of flamethrower zeppelins.

Laughing to the point of tears here. Ty so much for that….

Posted by: Killing Joke.4371

Killing Joke.4371

Awesome. I think I’m in love.

We aren’t contractually tied down to rationality!

THERE IS NO SANITY CLAUSE!

Posted by: lettu.7920

lettu.7920

Wonder when ANet staff will come and close this thread for such stupid topic.

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us!

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Wondering when Melchior gets his payout from winning the internet.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

Vapor Form weak in WvW? You’re joking right?

Extremely weak. Unless you’re running a zerg or outside a door, going into Vapor Form is literally just delaying the inevitable. So you can dodge a finisher and scoot 20’ away? How inconvenient for the person who is just going to follow you and use his finisher again. ::smh::

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Engi-elementalists are…

Bio-mechanical Wendigo Mandibles

… the combo of Vulnerable/Poisoned/Bamboozled/Weakness more than Bleeding/Chilled/Hoodwinked/Weakness…

… two-handed Mountain Cleaver…

… Liam Neeson to be the voice of the apocryphal hidden interdimensional Seventh Elder Dragon of Heavy Metal if …

I want all of these. Man I laughed a lot there.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Wolfheart.1938

Your post is so funny it makes mine look even more grumpy and over-serious ( is that even a word )

Melchior.2135

Your post is so funny it makes mine look even more grumpy and over-serious ( is that even a word )

Haha, it’s cool, since yours is the one that actually has relevant advice. Out of curiosity, I haven’t SPvPed in ages. Can I just drop straight into spectator mode and watch others play, or do I have to join a match and die like a chump (F4) first?

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

All I got out of this was that something happened in PvP that got the OP mad and now he is here venting. Venting is good but not to be taken seriously.

Wolfheart.1938

Haha, it’s cool, since yours is the one that actually has relevant advice. Out of curiosity, I haven’t SPvPed in ages. Can I just drop straight into spectator mode and watch others play, or do I have to join a match and die like a chump (F4) first?

I have this strange feeling the relevant advice is kinda lost in this thread lol! But yes, you can join a PvP match at which point it will ask you either to join a team or spectate. You can also join spectator mode while fighting (press B, then the eye icon) if I’m not mistaken.

@Dresden. :eyeroll: that is all

Wolfheart.1938

Dresden you have no clue how downed state works, it is apparent. I don’t know why I am risking an infraction telling you the truth, but it is. Elementalist downed state is one of strongest downed states there is in the game. I’d like you to list the 90% of the situations in which Vapor Form is useless, since I can’t even think of one.

Situations that Vapor Form prevents:
- Being stomped in any way? Check
- Taking huge DPS (Hundred Blades, Lava Font, Blurred Frenzy, a Boss’ AoE?)? Check
- Traveling a sizeable distance towards allies, a keep or water? Check

No need to be so defensive about this, or imply that the Devs are stupid and make unwarranted balance changes based on “ELES ARE OP WAGON” posters. As hard as it may be to accept for you, they are professionals that balance games (amongst other things) for a job, it’s not unreasonable that they may know better than us Not to mention that when the game launched Vapor Form was actually the third downed skill, and Elementalist had the worst downed state in the game.

Anyways, I’m done derailing the thread. It had run its course after Melchior’s awesome post.

Edit: A mod or the poster themselves swooped in and deleted the posts. I now look even stupider, talking to myself.

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

If this is a troll post, it’s a quite the good troll post. If it’s not a troll post, its quite the good troll post.

Astral Projections.7320

- In order to get the kind of instant turnaround you’re describing, you have to trait it with Pyroclastic Laser Velociraptor-Maelstrom and Shrapnel Holocaust Smilodon-Frappe, which are both Grandmaster traits, as well as Precognitive Artillery Guidance Gnomes, and your choice of Banshee Aetherstorm Apparatus or Bio-mechanical Wendigo Mandibles for taste, if you like the combo of Vulnerable/Poisoned/Bamboozled/Weakness more than Bleeding/Chilled/Hoodwinked/Weakness.

- Doing so prevents you from taking any of the traits that contribute to the Titan Cataphract build where you focus more on the Bazooka configuration of your two-handed Mountain Cleaver, which can construct skeletal iron golems and knock them backwards in time to assassinate John Connors. I don’t know if you’ve tried that build, but it’s pretty strong, especially when you’re fighting things in the Phantom Zone. So there’s definitely an element of sacrifice in blocking yourself out of anything higher than 10 in your Skynet trait line.

- In order to get the true instant-rez effect, you have to toggle the Avatar State (F3) before you’re downed. And in case you skipped the part of the tutorial that explains that (blah, blah, blah, where’s the skip to the end button, I don’t even care that they hired Liam Neeson to be the voice of the apocryphal hidden interdimensional Seventh Elder Dragon of Heavy Metal if he won’t shut up about our class features, am I right?), doing so risks breaking the cycle of Reincarnation if you fail to rally, which would leave Fire Lord Ozai free to ravage the Earth Kingdom with his armada of flamethrower zeppelins.

Ok. I’m in love. Can I haz this please.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I read the thread title and thought this was going to be about a new movie coming out.

The Burninator

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

is it possible that he was in pvp or wvwvw where previously an engi pooped out all of his turrets and someway he managed to down an elementalist who rallied on him?
or an elementalist that casted the gliph of i don’t remember the name while attuned to fire that specifically autoress you next time you are downed?

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Psychol.5783

Only thing I can think of is thrown Elixir R.

Wiki says it recovers endurance so why it heals from downed state? a bug?

I’m pretty kittened up because I’m sure I saw a flame icon and it was not the first time when I met engis with ele icons. The only explanation right now is that I have something bugged if it’s possible and this bug replaces sometimes engi icons to an ele icon, I’m gonna post next time video when this occur to clear my presence as a troll.
Btw. I’m playing 8 months but only as a guardian so I don’t know other professions.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Rangers auto-resurrect? What?

. . . since when and why hasn’t that worked for me?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: kossman.8206

kossman.8206

where did i put my pipe? lol

Astral Projections.7320

Only thing I can think of is thrown Elixir R.

Wiki says it recovers endurance so why it heals from downed state? a bug?

I’m pretty kittened up because I’m sure I saw a flame icon and it was not the first time when I met engis with ele icons. The only explanation right now is that I have something bugged if it’s possible and this bug replaces sometimes engi icons to an ele icon, I’m gonna post next time video when this occur to clear my presence as a troll.
Btw. I’m playing 8 months but only as a guardian so I don’t know other professions.

Isn’t the ele icon and the engie icon very similar? Maybe you just confused the two. Considering you’re talking about bomb skills on an ele, it sounds like you saw the engie icon and thought it was an ele icon.

If it was a bug, other people besides you would be seeing and reporting it. As well as talking about it on the forum.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Sadly, I’m going to have to agree here. Vapor Form needs to last a little longer so an ele can get the kitten out of dodge, cause there isn’t a snowflakes chance of taking someone not almost dead down with skill 1.

Downed shouldn’t be in PvP anyway, and vapor form is super useful in WvW. Enemy attacking your fort? Go down, nuke em, vapor form into the gate. Or you can travel in a zerg, be the first one to attack and go down then run back to your zerg.

Or did they patch the gate thing?

Melchior.2135

Downed shouldn’t be in PvP anyway, and vapor form is super useful in WvW. Enemy attacking your fort? Go down, nuke em, vapor form into the gate. Or you can travel in a zerg, be the first one to attack and go down then run back to your zerg.

I’ll agree it’s great in WvW, and pretty nice in dungeons or any other time you’re sure to have other friendly players nearby.

But if you’re solo, it may as well be a blank spot on the bar for all the good it does, unless you have the tremendous luck to die right on the border of the enemy’s tethering radius.

Posted by: Cymric.7368

Cymric.7368

Ele can actually instant rez themselves when then go down in certain cases.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glyph_of_Renewal

Not sure if the op is referring to it.

Posted by: Vaugh.7193

Vaugh.7193

Is it a Guardian with a staff that you mixing up with an Elementalist?

Guild leader of As Stars We Belong [STAR]
WvW Commander of Blacktide.
@RaugoolGW2 on Twitter

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’ll agree it’s great in WvW, and pretty nice in dungeons or any other time you’re sure to have other friendly players nearby.

But if you’re solo, it may as well be a blank spot on the bar for all the good it does, unless you have the tremendous luck to die right on the border of the enemy’s tethering radius.

I did say somewhere previous that I guess it would depend on the situation.

In Wvw, sure if downed near a friendly gate, scoot on through and heal yourself. I’ve done that (please no one have a heart attack, as I just admitted to playing WvW lol). In dungeons or places with people, sure it allows me to get out of aggro (maybe) and get myself back up or get help gwtting back up….although in normal open world I can usually just kill whatever downed me ( not that it happens often in the open world).

However, small group meets zerg in open field of WvW… snicker Over aggro in the open world and noooobody is around to help? snicker Last man standing in a dungeon? snicker Yeah….not so useful there. In these instances, it sure feels pointless/weak. But that makes sense when you step back and look at it logically (which I did later).