Enough Skill points in game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wojohowitz.2581

Wojohowitz.2581

I thought about buying some trait skills but I noticed they take 2 skill points. Someone told me there were way more than enough in game I need not worry about it. Is that true?

Thanks!

Posted by: Selver.1307

Selver.1307

Open your world map and it tells you the total skill points in the world to gain. Figure out the cost of traits you want.

Subtract.

Also, once you hit 80 you’ll gain a point every ‘level’ after that.

Plenty of points. Not to mention tomes and scrolls available in various modes of play.

Posted by: GreyMouser.1235

GreyMouser.1235

Yes; every time you earn a level after 80, you get an additional skill point, even after you’ve found all the skill points in the world. My main has over 1000 sitting unused currently, due to those plus the skill tomes and scrolls that drop all over.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Ramza.9421

Ramza.9421

Yes, you can still level-up and gain skill points after reaching level 80. And if you like champ farming, you’ll get a decent amount of skill point scrolls from champ bags.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I used about 1000 skill points in crafting and have about 2000 extra skill points (skill point scrolls and extra points spread across 8 chars at level 80).

You’ll have plenty. You get one each time you level after 80 and the games hands you skill points, scrolls and writs.

Posted by: Wojohowitz.2581

Wojohowitz.2581

Thanks very much everyone!

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Don’t forget about the skill point scrolls you get out of champ bags!

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

And you can get some traits by doing content. There’s no real reason to buy all of them.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I would try to unlock as many as possible. A friend of mine is rather new to this game. He laughed at me when I asked him if he wanted to go unlock some traits as he was simply buying them. In the end we had to run around with an alt of his to farm skill points so he could craft ascended armor, his main already had 100% map completion, so this character might get into trouble when trying to get traits – at some point he’ll either have to delete a character or to try to be patient (which won’t work).

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Haha, dont worry about skills. Unlock everything. You get thousands upon thousands of skillpoints.