Enough of Orr Grinding

Enough of Orr Grinding

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Revolution.6301

Revolution.6301

Let’s announce the well-known elephant in the room that this game is extremely grindy, regardless of what Anet says.
I for one am a bit annoyed but that’s another issue, my main issue is ONLY being able to grind in Orr.
I hate Orr now, this was not always the case I promise you it wasn’t but after 10 hours of seeing zombies and wait……….MORE Zombies, No NO could that be a GIANT ZOMBIE? And c’mon… seeing a post-apocalypse land constantly is just annoying.
I want to see the rest of Tyria, you know Tyria that land that’s supposed to be where I should (if you look at game content) spend most of my time? But no stuck in Orr.

All I am asking is to make grinding areas in the rest of Tyria. I want to grind near hills, yes green hills no grey, black stubs attempting to be hills. Or even near one of those mountains. The game is massive. It has many different terrain types.

And new enemies. I want to farm Centaurs YES CENTEURS creatures we all (at least tried to) hunt to extinction. Or Harpies since they’re just neat.

All I am asking is for a bit of change to grinding, I can’t tolerate grinding the Tunnel Farm, I’ll probably still but it will feel more like a chore then a game.

(edited by Revolution.6301)

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

There’s always Frostgorge Sound.
Yeah everything being white isn’t much of an improvement over everything being grey, but at least there’s different enemies to fight.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Revolution.6301

There’s always Frostgorge Sound.
Yeah everything being white isn’t much of an improvement over everything being grey, but at least there’s different enemies to fight.

But even so, it is still more effective to do the Tunnel grind. It is not difficult to ask for a differen’t grind in terms of quality of rewards and amount of money made.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I think that your problem is that you think you can “farm” in GW2. Honestly, Anet do NOT want people farming….

You CAN always go back to those areas and just kill for the heck of it and you know you will get gear your level as drops now and then. So salvage for the high tier ores/wood/leather etc, the only thing you are missing out on are the fine mats which I guess you could always buy. :P

Just play the game and have FUN forget about HAVING to have Legendary or whatever and you know what cash will build up without even thinking about it.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

1/ I don’t know why you’re grinding. There’s much more fun activities to do that are equally rewarding

2/ do you need karma? I would recommend doing dungeons

3/ do you need gold? I would recommend map completion or dungeons

4/ Orr can be replaced with sparkfly fen or frostgorge.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I do agree with more lvl 80 zones needed,but i think that will come in the future,dont worry about it yet.isn’t an easy project i reckon.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

So there’s a couple misconceptions going on here. What you mean to say is that grinding is grindy. I’m not sure why people choose to do something and then complain about it, there’s plenty of other things to do in the game. Orr is not the only place you can do this either. If you’re looking for t6 mats, Frostgorge is another place you can do that. Technically you can do that in any zone 55+ though you will get other tiers as well. You are free to do what you want. If you need to set some goal then check out the explorer and jumping puzzle achievements and use those to guide you through the game. I’ve found so far that the more efficient I try to be, the less fun the game is. I give myself goals but I only pursue them as far as they’re fun. For instance, I decided I was going to get 4 pieces of CM gear and I’m 50-ish tokens from finishing it. I’ve just jumped in there when it’s fun and done other things along the way.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

I agree!!

So sad that Southsun Cove added a new level 80 area, except made extremely difficult for a solo player to enjoy, and not enough rewards for solo or group play.

Southsun Cove is not a war zone like Orr, but why make it so user unfriendly. Not fun!

—Theres too many mobs too close together.
—Too many Giant karka (group activity) which usually drop nothing.
—Why the annoying invisible screen
—Why no level 80 herb nodes?
—Few waypoints

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

I do that in the daily and then go back to Orr.
At this point I dont care what they do.
All I want is LOOT to be on par with FRACTALS. It isnt and that is wrong very very wrong.
The game is almost dead anyways but forcing players to do things against their will just to make gold or buy gems isnt the way to go. Treating 1 player better than another is what is killing this game fast. Reread your manifesto and pre release marketing material and return to what was promised.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Treating 1 player better than another is what is killing this game fast. Reread your manifesto and pre release marketing material and return to what was promised.

That got thrown out on Nov. 15th with the introduction of Ascended gear, only available in a level based dungeon. I guess you didn’t get the memo?

The manifesto is dead. Monetization is the new manifesto.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

this might sound stupid but what on earth is tunnel grind?

As others have said why do you want to grind it it clearly is not fun for you?
Get out of Orr and see the world- you can get 80 drops anywhere and you can sell low tier mats often for more than high tier mats. buy the T6 mats off the tp.
It seems to me that you are suffering a bit from tunnel vision.

Gunnar’s Hold

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

All I want is LOOT to be on par with FRACTALS. It isnt and that is wrong very very wrong.
The game is almost dead anyways but forcing players to do things against their will just to make gold or buy gems isnt the way to go. Treating 1 player better than another is what is killing this game fast. Reread your manifesto and pre release marketing material and return to what was promised.

Could be worse, at least in Orr and older dungeons you can still make some gold and get some of the mats needed for legendary’s and other popular craftables, no where as much as Fractals but a somewhat o.k amount. The player’s who really got the shaft are the dedicated WvWvW’ers, that manifesto has not applied to them since launch, they make little to no gold, they very rarely get any mats needed for legendary’s, and other popular crafting items, takes 100x longer to get exotic gear and weapons with badges than it does with dungeons, even karma drips in at a snails pace, sadly these are the players truly left behind, I know players who have been doing nothing but Wv3 since launch and they are no where even close to any part of their Legendarys right now, and have very small bank accounts.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

It’s funny that GW2 is “extremely grindy” yet somehow I managed to pull of 5 lvl 80s with max gear without grinding once nor buying gems.

People ignore things, play wrong, blame the game. Oh well.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

i find orr a total waste of time. running dungeons is a far more satisfying way to make money.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Enough of Orr Grinding

lisamee.2408

i find orr a total waste of time. running dungeons is a far more satisfying way to make money.

But if you don’t like dungeons in GW2, then all other ways to get rewards are much reduced.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: serivahn.9751

serivahn.9751

Disney didn’t build finite roads and transit systems in their parks until they were able to fully observe and study how people were moving through them. The same practice is at work here – and a fundamental aspect of how good software is designed.

Things may seem shoddy and half-implemented now because they are. Because that’s the nature of deadlines in software development. The grand design is currently amorphous and has yet to fully reveal itself.

That said, I have confidence that ANET will eventually release alternative 80+ zones like Orr. But they’d have to be careful to not completely make Orr obsolete. In other words, there would have to be a reason to do one 80+ zone over the others (and vice versa.)

TLDR — ANET knows it must observe user-behavior before committing to new features.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Revolution.6301

This is my point.

I am going insane doing Orr. Really zombies? If I want to see zombies I’ll go play any fps. I don’t mind seeing them once in a while but constantly it down right annoying. And I personally would find the grind better if I could do it somewhere more life-like, enjoyable. I don’t know how Anet thought that in a game that demands grind to get gear that people wouldn’t do it.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: BondageBill.4021

BondageBill.4021

Simple answer here: Quit grinding and go do the things you want to do.

You didn’t mention why you are grinding or what you need, but there are probably better ways of acquiring whatever it is than mindlessly grinding Orr. ANet set out to discourage grinding from the beginning, and they have succeeded. However, if you play all aspects of the game in a balanced fashion, you will probably find that you eventually get everything you need.

As an example, I have 2 characters in full Exotics and partial Ascended, without feeling like I ever had to hit the grind train.

Of course, this method also requires a bit of patience. If you are chasing a legendary and must have it NOW, you will feel compulsed to grind.

“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Avatar.1923

The game is grindy if you want it to be.

the “grind” wont give you much advantage anyway.

i had the most fun in the eternal battleground jump puzzle last night!
what an amazing piece of content.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Simple answer here: Quit grinding and go do the things you want to do.

The things many of us want to do don’t provide the drops needed to even finish crafting all crafts to 400, never mind put a bit of gold in the bank. Think WvW. This is what we’re complaining about. The game is heavily biased in favor of a couple of activities (Fractals and Dungeons) when it comes to loot.

Why are the rest of us wasting our time here? (because we’re still looking for another game).

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Bonefield.9813

Bonefield.9813

Most of the new upcoming content is focused on revitalizing the world and giving players reasons to be in any zone. So this is a thing they’re already working on.

But even so, it is still more effective to do the Tunnel grind. It is not difficult to ask for a differen’t grind in terms of quality of rewards and amount of money made.

I can’t think of a single MMO I’ve played that didn’t have some mindnumbingly boring yet highly lucrative activity. If your goal is pure efficiency, then you are probably going to find yourself standing around grinding no matter what.

However, I think your dilemma is based on having reached a false conclusion. Grinding is not really necessary, and I’m almost 100% sure ArenaNet didn’t intend for people to spend all day running between Shelter and Pent in order to gear up. I did the grind over there for a few weeks, and I still pop in if the events are up when I’m passing through, but I’ve made more money in the past few months through a combination of dungeons, crafting, and good ol’ running around than I did running Plinx and the tunnel. I have three 80s in exotics with their cosmetic armor sets completed.

Unless you’re working on a Legendary or otherwise need huge amounts of money toute suite, it might be worthwhile to take a minor hit to efficiency in order to find something you enjoy doing more.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Killacam.2064

Killacam.2064

I am giving ANET 2 more patches and if I don’t see them implement some changes then I will take a break for a bit until I see patch or expansion that excites me. Seems like they are finally working on the game itself instead of working on events and ways to get us to use the gem shop. I see bright things on the horizon I just feel like it’s gonna take time to implement the stuff we’ve all been waiting for. Hopefully sooner than later!

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Zadira.2189

Zadira.2189

I know exactly what Revolution is talking about. I have spent hour after hour after hour fighting creatures in Orr and in other higher up areas and can’t seem to get enough crafting materials to level my Leatherworker.

It is getting so tiresome! I don’t think we should have to buy our crafting materials if we are actually playing the game.

I am awful at WvW and the dungeons. Those are just facts. LOL What I enjoy about the game is exploring and doing the events and helping to save the land.

I think if we are an average explorer and enjoy doing that in this game we should not find it difficult to find enough Intricate Totems, Large Scales, Large Fangs, Vials of Potent Blood, and Potent Venom Sacs to be able to do what we need to level.

I have tons of the harvesting stuff but after I kill 18 Skelks I should have at least something to show for it. Ice Imps, Skelks, Grawls Oh MY!!! Hours and hours of kills but very few sparkles for my trouble and this is while using the Omnomm Berries for Magic Find.

Is this a bug that we should be reporting?

I know that every single time anyone complains about the drops on this forum they get flamed and made to feel ashamed.

Maybe if we all report and make it more clear what the problems are, someone might take us seriously and fix what is broken about the game so we can play it and have fun while doing so.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Goth.6820

Goth.6820

For the love of god please nerf Orr.

I understand that lvl 80 areas should be difficult, but this is dumb. I’ve spent 3 days and who knows how many on repairs trying to get the winterknell Isle skill point. The rotmouth aggros anything and i mean anything. I had a Giant suddenly appear with 5 other mobs and kitten me.

I’m at the point of just waiting here for a rez hoping someone else will be attempting this. But no. No one shows, ever.

Also those way points are almost always locked due to events.

I really want to know how you guys came up with 3 million players, because i rarely encounter another player.

(edited by Goth.6820)

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Goth. I agree with you. Orr maps are pretty much empty. I rarely see other players there, maybe just 1-2 farmers. I have soloed the 3 Orr maps with two different characters. If you want I can help you to get the missing skill point. I guess you mean that labyrinth?

It is a difficult skill point to do alone. The temple events are much more difficult to do alone (I don’t want to repeat that experience, I failed more often than I succeeded)

I really recommend to run there fast, dodge as much as you can. The boss near the skill point is not that hard to kill.

Deniara
(I play on Blacktide, but guesting should come soon)

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: kelman.9451

kelman.9451

I dunno I bought the game for WvW anyways. I never even been to 70+Orr area and I have 3 level 80’s. Although I guess a person could label “Grinding” to anything in any game really.

Enough of Orr Grinding

i soloed orr without any problem aside for the temples.

i never understand these complaints about orr.
seriously, you want a faceroll game to farm and farm boringly?
i say; high risks high rewards.
open world farming; barf!
did the grawl farming in frostgorge for like 5 minutes because somebody asked and i hated myself and the game.
that some people will do that for hours is not understandable.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

I know exactly what Revolution is talking about. I have spent hour after hour after hour fighting creatures in Orr and in other higher up areas and can’t seem to get enough crafting materials to level my Leatherworker.

It is getting so tiresome! I don’t think we should have to buy our crafting materials if we are actually playing the game.

I am awful at WvW and the dungeons. Those are just facts. LOL What I enjoy about the game is exploring and doing the events and helping to save the land.

I think if we are an average explorer and enjoy doing that in this game we should not find it difficult to find enough Intricate Totems, Large Scales, Large Fangs, Vials of Potent Blood, and Potent Venom Sacs to be able to do what we need to level.

I have tons of the harvesting stuff but after I kill 18 Skelks I should have at least something to show for it. Ice Imps, Skelks, Grawls Oh MY!!! Hours and hours of kills but very few sparkles for my trouble and this is while using the Omnomm Berries for Magic Find.

Is this a bug that we should be reporting?

I know that every single time anyone complains about the drops on this forum they get flamed and made to feel ashamed.

Maybe if we all report and make it more clear what the problems are, someone might take us seriously and fix what is broken about the game so we can play it and have fun while doing so.

They are aware of the problem and dont care. Or they say it is your imagination. the fact is unless you run fractals 24/7 you will be poor or have to buy gems. Play the game the way they want or be poor or dont play at all.

As for the population it is about 400,000 daily players. They sold a lot of copies but the retention rate has been so poor it makes tor look good.

This is about playing the game the way we want to not how you or someone else and been treated to an equal amount of reward. WvWrs get a significant short end of the stick moreso than the rest.

So by forcing me to do content I wont do means I leave. Another one gone. How long till there is 1 server of dungeon runners left?

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

You could kill off a large number of young karka sell the shells and make a large number of money and buy the T6 material. Just a thought.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: raiden.9024

raiden.9024

did the grawl farming in frostgorge for like 5 minutes because somebody asked and i hated myself and the game.

So those who played gw1 just for the farming or any of the diablo games you cant see why ppl enjoy that ? once i finished the story i farmed for most of the time in gw1 as it was fun finding a rare weapon.

Gw2 was built for DE which should reward the same as any dungeon FoTm inc. This is a failing of the game atm but maybe Jan/Feb patch will balance this out more, as if i wanted to be in a dungeon crawler better games with auto LFG exsist for me.

Btw Orr isnt hard its just annoying.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Bonefield.9813

Bonefield.9813

the fact is unless you run fractals 24/7 you will be poor or have to buy gems. Play the game the way they want or be poor or dont play at all.

This is absolutely untrue.

The only reason this kind of hyperbole even deserves to be addressed is that there are people who don’t have enough experience with the game to know better, and perpetuating it is doing them a disservice. It’s true that playing in the open world is not, at the moment, as lucrative as running dungeons or Fractals, and that if you want a huge amount of money fast, sitting in the tunnel in Orr is one way to get it. But there are plenty of other ways to get money, and unless your definition of “poor” is “I don’t have a Legendary,” those methods are sufficient to gear up characters and make them look nice.

I would wait and see what the upcoming changes to open world content bring before coming to the conclusion that ArenaNet doesn’t care and prefers to see players grinding.

Enough of Orr Grinding

lisamee.2408

You could kill off a large number of young karka sell the shells and make a large number of money and buy the T6 material. Just a thought.

The young karka take longer to kill and drop less loot then killing the risen. Southsun Coast is not an enjoyable place for a level 80. As a level 80 i would like to feel powerful, and get great rewards. I felt more powerful as a newbie at level 0ne!

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Eeshaan.9068

Eeshaan.9068

The young karka take longer to kill and drop less loot then killing the risen. Southsun Coast is not an enjoyable place for a level 80. As a level 80 i would like to feel powerful, and get great rewards. I felt more powerful as a newbie at level 0ne!

Even the squishiest of classes feels like an OP tank at the starting areas haha.

My advice : If you wanna know how a class REALLY feels liek to play, level it 20 at least 20 first then see.

Enough of Orr Grinding

So those who played gw1 just for the farming or any of the diablo games you cant see why ppl enjoy that ? once i finished the story i farmed for most of the time in gw1 as it was fun finding a rare weapon.

Gw2 was built for DE which should reward the same as any dungeon FoTm inc. This is a failing of the game atm but maybe Jan/Feb patch will balance this out more, as if i wanted to be in a dungeon crawler better games with auto LFG exsist for me.

ok, so you dislike dungeons and dislike high level difficult farming.
gotta work for that loot man!
or just go kill a dragon, its quite easy, stay there auto attack with the bow and thats it!
happy farming!

Enough of Orr Grinding

and btw, no, i dont understand how people like to “farm” d3 or whatever other game.
to me, srictly based on personal opinions, i find that it kills creativity and intelligence development.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Goth.6820

Goth.6820

@Deniara Ty for the offer but i did get it. I just sat there dead till someone else came along that wanted it too. Also yes it was that one in the maze.

When the game first came out Orr wasn’t so bad. There were other players running around and you were extremely likey to find someone else doing these things too.

Since the game has declined it’s become extremely difficult to completely map Orr. You either wait for others or try to come up with some way to do it. All i have seen in other players was either by waiting or sheer luck. Otherwise i just see a bunch of campers running between the towns at Penitent path doing the events.

Outside of this I’m at the point i feel forced to make a guardian or warrior. It’s all i see anymore. I love my engineer and nerco to pieces and i can survive most fight of 4 or 5. But if a veteran gets thrown in or something stupid (like the rotmouths and their ability to aggro) on top of other mobs i have problems.

In all honestly this game was over hyped. The developers (mainly John Peters) wont address the games issues when it comes to class. There is a very obvious gap when all i see 90% of the time is a warrior or guardian. To add on John plays a warrior… thats explains why no else changes for the better. Also i use to think WoW’s dev team was worse at making poor decisions and i think it’s equal now.

GW1 felt balanced. I played a necro and came up with a spec for pvp that was a nightmare. It was the same for ritualist as i made one that could keep people alive easily. What i came up with was never nerfed and didn’t exist on some build site. This game… good luck on trying to be anything you want. It suffers from the same problem of spec x works best.

(edited by Goth.6820)

Enough of Orr Grinding

lisamee.2408

ok, so you dislike dungeons and dislike high level difficult farming.
gotta work for that loot man!
or just go kill a dragon, its quite easy, stay there auto attack with the bow and thats it!
happy farming!

The fact is when a monster takes a very long time to kill…and you get nothing, it is very disappointing!

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

But if you don’t like dungeons in GW2, then all other ways to get rewards are much reduced.

there’s no way to make everyone happy. dungeons are the fastest way to get your gear. orr is slow. if you don’t like dungeons at least you don’t need to do many.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Aedil.1296

Aedil.1296

I think that your problem is that you think you can “farm” in GW2. Honestly, Anet do NOT want people farming….

I would love to ask Anet and Paul how do u justify the existance of Magic Find sets of armor weapons sigils runes and food if Anet don’t want us to farm taking also in account the amount of money u need to create an MF set?

Anet said they don’t like grindy games, they said they don’t want us to farm, but looking at what do i have to do to get a full set of armor, or enough matherials for a legendary or to craft anything, i would say the opposite of that, and well fractals…just have no words about it many players already talked about it.

A LOT of items needs 250 ectos, 250 lodestones, cores, 250 t6 materials, to be upgraded or produced, wanna talk about the skills points too? u know how much gold u need to buy 250 kitten charged lodestones on the trading post? or the hours u need to farm just 1 with a full magic find set+weapon lucksigil+food?

I sincerly suggest the Anet team to watch again the “Anet Manifesto” couse gw2 is really not a game for Casual Players, unless they just think a casual players don’t deserve to have a satifying nice looking armor or weapon, or they just don’t deserve any exotic/ascended gear..

Last thing: people do not split only between
1 – who have time to spend playing on GW2 and nerding to get stuff
2 – who have money to spend on GW2 and buy gold with gems

There are also people who have no money and a lot of free time, too bad they have to spend most of it looking for a job they cannot find due to the infamous economical crisis (here in italy the country is down on the knees).

Sincerly

(edited by Aedil.1296)

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Zephyr Lee.2491

Zephyr Lee.2491

Why are you grinding?

If you have max gear you are all set.
Wanting “flashy” gear will take time, but is not needed to be a “top performer”

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I understand what you’re saying about Orr. The landscape is bleak and the enemies are close together, so it’s easy to get overwhelmed in places. I’ve farmed in Orr for crafting items quite a bit and it can get tedious. Most of the advice to avoid the Orr grind doesn’t work for me since I don’t do dungeons or fractals and that’s usually the only thing anyone can offer. I can go to Frostgorge, but it takes far longer to get the same amount of goods there as in Orr, so that’s why so many of us farm Orr.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Revolution.6301

I understand what you’re saying about Orr. The landscape is bleak and the enemies are close together, so it’s easy to get overwhelmed in places. I’ve farmed in Orr for crafting items quite a bit and it can get tedious. Most of the advice to avoid the Orr grind doesn’t work for me since I don’t do dungeons or fractals and that’s usually the only thing anyone can offer. I can go to Frostgorge, but it takes far longer to get the same amount of goods there as in Orr, so that’s why so many of us farm Orr.

you my friend understand exactly what I’m saying. THIS 100X over.

Oh and just to calify I just want a nice set of exotic gear and weapons + runed. And of course I want armor that looks just the way I want it so thats about 100 gold giver or take.
Sure I’d like to get a legendary (and will eventually) but if I’m properly geared I’ll be content.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Revolution.6301

I would love to ask Anet and Paul how do u justify the existance of Magic Find sets of armor weapons sigils runes and food if Anet don’t want us to farm taking also in account the amount of money u need to create an MF set?

Anet said they don’t like grindy games, they said they don’t want us to farm, but looking at what do i have to do to get a full set of armor, or enough matherials for a legendary or to craft anything, i would say the opposite of that, and well fractals…just have no words about it many players already talked about it.

A LOT of items needs 250 ectos, 250 lodestones, cores, 250 t6 materials, to be upgraded or produced, wanna talk about the skills points too? u know how much gold u need to buy 250 kitten charged lodestones on the trading post? or the hours u need to farm just 1 with a full magic find set+weapon lucksigil+food?

I sincerly suggest the Anet team to watch again the “Anet Manifesto” couse gw2 is really not a game for Casual Players, unless they just think a casual players don’t deserve to have a satifying nice looking armor or weapon, or they just don’t deserve any exotic/ascended gear..

There are also people who have no money and a lot of free time, too bad they have to spend most of it looking for a job they cannot find due to the infamous economical crisis (here in italy the country is down on the knees).

Sincerly

Wow. The people who post to this thread actually understand what the point of this is. YES YES YES, thank you for pointing out this.

I just hope Anet sees this and makes it so that there is say 4 level 80 grinds with the effective and efficiency like the Tunnel grind.

For example have one in Orr, one in Kryta and another the charr reagion and one in the Norn region.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

I do agree with more lvl 80 zones needed,but i think that will come in the future,dont worry about it yet.isn’t an easy project i reckon.

I’m guessing there’d have to be new ones coming. If you look at the map and all the various maps are roughly the same size. Lotta zones that you can’t get to, no road with wormholes on em leading there and such. I figure they are reserved for either future higher zones or future events. Or I guess both since they opened Lost Shore with an event.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

For champion level mobs, the drops don’t even come close to the amount of time and effort put in. Last time I did the melandru event, i got three blues from the large golden treasure box. I can get that from killing normal mobs in less than 5min. That level of an enemy should at least guarantee a rare gear.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Zephyr Lee.2491

Zephyr Lee.2491

For champion level mobs, the drops don’t even come close to the amount of time and effort put in. Last time I did the melandru event, i got three blues from the large golden treasure box. I can get that from killing normal mobs in less than 5min. That level of an enemy should at least guarantee a rare gear.

Okay I understand the need for “better” rewards, but the company gives out more “rares” the value of the rares would drop thus putting you back in the situation you are now in. Broke!

Just like our economy in real life, if they give out more rewards, the value of our gold in game would be less.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

The problem isn’t that there aren’t other places to make money.

It appears that you are upset that the most effective method of farming money is not to your liking. To which I would reply: don’t do it.

Do other things in the game that make decent money as well (dungeons, other farm sites, fractals, WvW event farming, etc.) If you play a game with the goal of making as much gold in as little time as possible, you will seldomly have fun. That goes for any game.

That’s why that sort of behavior is called a “grind”.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Sincerly

All the mats you listed are for cosmetic items, if you want to grind for cosmetics, go for it, if not…well then you don’t have to. No one is making you do it, it is player choice. The mindset that you should have cosmetic, RARE items handed to you is beyond entitled.

Enough of Orr Grinding

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

Fun Fun Fun yes im having fun with this game yes sir/maam!
And till now im still on my exotic gear + guild backpack since launch.
Hey infact, i should be naked cause its Fun Fun Fun

Enough of Orr Grinding

Revolution.6301

Sincerly

All the mats you listed are for cosmetic items, if you want to grind for cosmetics, go for it, if not…well then you don’t have to. No one is making you do it, it is player choice. The mindset that you should have cosmetic, RARE items handed to you is beyond entitled.

lets remain on topic peps.

His point is they should be more accessable. Not everyone has the time to grind several hours everyday. A simple solutition to this would be to include their drop with normal mob drop (they would still be rare but) atleast the price would not be so high.