Enough with the Gemstore Skins/Outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Scolix.4879

Scolix.4879

I dont mind outfits but i hate that i cant mix different outfits together.

Posted by: Nightfade.4625

Nightfade.4625

I dont mind outfits but i hate that i cant mix different outfits together.

You can’t? Hokey Smokes! You just saved me a ton of money then. Thanks and sorry Anet.

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

In response to the ‘original poster’ comments, please read my other comments on this thread, it will explain that it isn’t in regards to me not liking outfits. It is the sheer chasm between how many skins have been in the gemstore since launch and skins in-game since launch. My main gripe is the fact that these skins are being used up as RNG/Real money skins when they would have been much better as part of in-game content (Chaos, Zodiac, Tormented weps being a good example). I.e. it is likely draining creative resources and wasting potential better use of skins.

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

This might come as a bit of a shock, but the guys making the aesthetics are NOT the same guys who add new encounters. Entirely different type of development, entirely different people.

Basically, once a game goes live, most of the nuts-and-bolts development staff that is responsible for things like new encounters, leaves for greener pastures. The aesthetic creative types that are needed to feed the cash store (which is how non-subscription games make their money), stay and do just that, NOT content.

Posted by: Comus.7365

Comus.7365

atleast the skins aren’t in gambling boxes.
i got no problem buying stuff from the store as long as i get exactly what it is i want.
as for outfits i think they’re pretty great especially if you want to have a decent looking char while leveling and want to save your transmutation charges.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

atleast the skins aren’t in gambling boxes.
i got no problem buying stuff from the store as long as i get exactly what it is i want.
as for outfits i think they’re pretty great especially if you want to have a decent looking char while leveling and want to save your transmutation charges.

Yeah the RNG based gem items seem like a money grab, a petty one.

Posted by: JNetRocks.3652

JNetRocks.3652

I spend hundreds of dollars on the gem store – I am definitely in favor of having it. I know it supports ANet and it gives me awesome stuff.

That said, I hate outfits. They don’t mix well with the other system (armor) or even with eachother. They lack a lot of customization options, and frankly it seems like it takes a lot less effort and costs nearly the same amount of money.

It used to be you could buy an armor set for 800 gems. Full set of mix-n-match 6 pieces! Now you get 2 pieces (body/hat) that can’t be mixed (either with armor or with other costume pieces) AND it still costs 700 gems? Even though they’re only making 2 pieces per race instead of 6? That’s a 66% drop in workload and only a 12.5%~ drop in price. Wut?

(edited by JNetRocks.3652)