Enough with the wings already lol

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

They must be making loads of money though

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

Posted by: Teennine.3901

Teennine.3901

I’m getting kind of sick of seeing them everywhere. And sometimes I wish there was a way to toggle it so I didn’t have to see them on other characters. I know that doesn’t make a lot of sense but in big groups when like 50% of the people have wings it just looks really weird to me.

I’d like to see some different cosmetics in the gem store besides just wings- and gliders…

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

but at least they are talking more about the other stuff they are working on

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I like the new wings.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I think the trick is to get everyone sick of seeing wings so that they demand capes finally. Then the next thing you know Anet announces:

“New to the gem store, you have been asking for them for ages and now they are finally here – capes!”

And then it starts all over again, cape after cape after cape until everyone is sick of them and ask for more wings. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I think the trick is to get everyone sick of seeing wings so that they demand capes finally. Then the next thing you know Anet announces:

“New to the gem store, you have been asking for them for ages and now they are finally here – capes!”

And then it starts all over again, cape after cape after cape until everyone is sick of them and ask for more wings. :P

But why not simply release the capes to begin with? I’m sure they’d add some but due to DirectX9 limitations and clipping issues they won’t, well, at least until they upgrade the API to allow it but then the extra programming needed (tessellation?) would have a negative impact on some people’s performance. As cool as new capes are I’d rather have smooth playable fights while in zergs.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

I’d like to see more creativity instead of just recoloring an old model.

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

Thing about capes/cloaks: they aren’t gigantic, and they don’t create an obscene amount of visual clutter extending from character models. I would rather the market be flooded with capes/cloaks rather than giant paper-mache airplane doors people stapled to their backs.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

I’m getting kind of sick of seeing them everywhere. And sometimes I wish there was a way to toggle it so I didn’t have to see them on other characters. I know that doesn’t make a lot of sense but in big groups when like 50% of the people have wings it just looks really weird to me.

I’d like to see some different cosmetics in the gem store besides just wings- and gliders…

God, this, please.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Codpieces. They don’t obstruct your view, don’t create any visual clutter and they have no clipping issues. Codpieces.

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Codpieces. They don’t obstruct your view, don’t create any visual clutter and they have no clipping issues. Codpieces.

10/10 would not read kittened up idea again.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

I like the IDEA of new gliders released every other week. I HATE the implementation of just rereleasing the same godkitten thing in different colors. Hawk, Valentine, and now Golden are all just recolors of the same model. Anet, we are paying real money for these things. stop being kittening lazy.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I am tired of seeing wings everywhere, but I do not want Anet to stop making them if it means no more glider skins. I’d love to see a lot more glider skins of various types.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

wings, wings everywhere.
i target people with wings first.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

At first when the black/white wings were released I was in disbelief. They didn’t really fit in with the game in general seeing as no NPCs wear them but soon thereafter I came to just accept them; I still think they are disgusting anatomically speaking save for their successor – the Hawk/Golden wing variants. Now those ones are actually anatomically appealing. The Golden ones go really nicely with the Dwayna weapon skins.

I don’t know, I think ANet knew wings sell. It’s a marketing scheme. They do in every other game. It’s a fad that sells; whatever will rake in the money be it one way or another.

I will agree; I am tired of seeing so many wing-themed shenanigans and it would be nice to actually have some BACK PACKS for once; and no – I do not mean the oversized terribad beyond words ones regarding the crafting back pack skins… except for Scribing back pack skins. The first half of those are cute but then the latter are ridiculous.

Where is the middle ground when it comes to back pack skins? Am I being too picky? Is it just me?

Paulytnz.7619

Slightly off topic but do the new wings look golden to any of you? I don’t know I loaded up the gemstore and previewed them, they looked like a light brown to me and not golden at all….

Then again I still play on lowest settings but still not as golden as I thought they would be.

Posted by: Yakkus.8765

Yakkus.8765

Hawkmen…..Dive!

Posted by: Yakkus.8765

Yakkus.8765

And Paulytnz, that depends very much on the lighting of the area you’re in. Divinity’s Reach by daytime shows a lovely golden sheen, very bright, metallic and reflective.

Paulytnz.7619

And Paulytnz, that depends very much on the lighting of the area you’re in. Divinity’s Reach by daytime shows a lovely golden sheen, very bright, metallic and reflective.

When you preview things in the gemstore it shows you in the preview screen which does not take into account any lighting around you, or that is how I understand it to work anyway. There has never been a problem when I have previewed anything else in the Gemstore before.

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

I like the wings. Not all of them, but most of them. However I am sick of seeing sleazy human female characters everywhere. “And sometimes I wish there was a way to toggle it so I didn’t have to see them.” Different strokes.

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

I used to like wings back in the day but now I honestly prefer no backpiece showing. I do like wings while gliding though. But that’s it. If there is going to be more backpieces it should be more off the wall stuff like how the Zephyrite backpieces are. Maybe a saddle? Hell idk.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

I’ve seen thousands of topics about cloaks/Capes here on the forums. People were asking them from the beginning 3 years ago till now. Its the only thing I would wear. I dont like to wear pink quaggan back packs, night closets, fake wing, and clothing closets. They are so crazy and random. I even saw a complete barbecue set for the whole family. I dont like barbecue sets on my back. Just give me a goddmncape.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

I like the wings. Not all of them, but most of them. However I am sick of seeing sleazy human female characters everywhere. “And sometimes I wish there was a way to toggle it so I didn’t have to see them.” Different strokes.

Things i want a toggle for:

- Scarf
- Sylvari male voice (selectively, other audio is fine)
- Female asura
- Male asura
- Charr with neon hair
- Quip
- The dreamer

I’ll expand the list when i think of more.

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

I like the male Sylvari voice. Not the sound they make when they harvest, but the speaking voice. Everything else on your list I agree with. The noise that bow makes is awful. Thing is, people are having fun with all that stuff (including wings) so to each his own.

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Hawkmen…..Dive!

Stand by my Hawkmen! Dive!
Cue guitar and lasers

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I think wings are too small. Why settle for things that only make characters 5 times as wide? It’s pitiful. We can do better than that. I want to see a double figure width increase, at the very least.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Anet, already said that each Tuesday of this month they will release wings.

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

The new content in Guild Wars2 are wings in all variations

I like chicken wings

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I like them as glider skins but I despise two things:

a) not a single glider skin that you can get through game content/playing the game. Every single skin aside the ugly original skin is by paying gems
b) people complain about mounts cluttering the area but those silly wings cluttering everyone’s sight is getting ridiculous

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Yep… I was doing the uncategorized fractal with a pug a few days ago. During the harpy platform jumping parts one particularly heavy-set charr with huge chicken wings completely obscured not only entire platforms but also my entire character. I could literally not see myself nor the ground I was standing on whenever that monstrosity was anywhere near me. Mind, I wasn’t playing a tiny character by any means. Max sized human, in fact. I had to just stand there and wait for it to jump on, or do a hail Mary and jump blindly to the next platform.

It’s getting absolutely ridiculous.

It took Guild Wars 1 many more years before the horribly character appearance options completely destroyed its world’s aesthetic coherence. But then again, they didn’t have a cash shop fueling the fire.

Posted by: Piejoe.7268

Piejoe.7268

It took Guild Wars 1 many more years before the horribly character appearance options completely destroyed its world’s aesthetic coherence. But then again, they didn’t have a cash shop fueling the fire.

You know a game is in decline, when the developers decide to forsake the coherency of their product just to milk as much money as possible out of its remaining life. That’s when obnoxious and ridiculous cash shop items start appearing.

I already stopped bothering.

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

I was surprised it took them so long to jump on that one.

Wings = Money
Many Wings = Many Money
Many palette swapped Wings = Many Easy Money

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I come from RO, I cannot have to many wings.

Re colours I do agree are copouts we just need strait up dyable back items and a fix for the dye on glider system.

(Any colour other than blue for holographic shattered plz)

I would consider moving away from wings more if we had cloaks.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

I come from RO, I cannot have to many wings.

Re colours I do agree are copouts we just need strait up dyable back items and a fix for the dye on glider system.

(Any colour other than blue for holographic shattered plz)

I would consider moving away from wings more if we had cloaks.

Ohhh invisibility cloaks lol…… Want one (or 2 or 3)

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Yep… I was doing the uncategorized fractal with a pug a few days ago. During the harpy platform jumping parts one particularly heavy-set charr with huge chicken wings completely obscured not only entire platforms but also my entire character. I could literally not see myself nor the ground I was standing on whenever that monstrosity was anywhere near me. Mind, I wasn’t playing a tiny character by any means. Max sized human, in fact. I had to just stand there and wait for it to jump on, or do a hail Mary and jump blindly to the next platform.

I’ve had the same experience, and it was pretty frustrating. Wouldn’t mind the wings as much if they scaled better (the hawk and golden wings nail this) and folded neatly behind the character’s back when not in ‘flight’.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I would like smaller, semi-transparent wings like those dragon ones from the old event. But the huge gem store wings are just clipping nightmares… Yuck.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Hopefully they take a rest with the new wing sets after this month. Seems like the whole “lets release a glider skin every week in February” idea just meant recoloring a bunch of wings as filler (every skin so far besides the Phoenix glider have just been recolored wings). After the month is over there hopefully won’t be quite as much reason to just do wing recolors.

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

I would love cloaks (over the shoulder) but assume there would be some serious clipping issues with all the spikey armor out there. Cloaks would need to have the ability to toggle the hood on and off.

Lotro would have hooded/non-hooded capes. If you wanted the same style you needed to buy the hooded and hoodless separately. Hate!

Just don’t make cape backpacks & gliders. We don’t need an army of Superpeople flying around.

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Just don’t make cape backpacks & gliders. We don’t need an army of Superpeople flying around.

LOL I that think would be awesome!!!

But really it’s kind of it more like MetaKnight where your cape goes poof and wings appear!

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”