Enought Wings, is time for Capes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ney Matogrosso.5736

Ney Matogrosso.5736

OK ANET you made enought wings, is time for Capes as backpacks or shoulder parts (I preffer backs) like your first conceptual art in the pre-release.
Please think about ^^

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

There will never be capes because of Charr.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Wings are just capes that refuse to let the wind always get its way.

~EW

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not really interested in capes, personally. I prefer resources spent on something else.

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Capes wouldn’t be bad.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Also… if I’m going to stare at someone’s back for hours on end, then I enjoy the view of a behind more than I do a cape… my preference; just sayin’…

~EW

Posted by: Little Leota.5849

Little Leota.5849

I had enough of capes in GW1. Seeing everyone running around in pseudo Superman/Batman capes got really old, really fast. Plus, I really think they detract from the aesthetic of all the awesome armors. I don’t really want to see them in GW2, unless there were a variety of styles and lengths, including cloaks.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Now, where did I put that thing . . . Ah! Here it is.

Attachments:

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

LOL-another topic that has been covered ad nauseam. (going as far back as 2013) Too bad the dead horse is reserved for the mounts threads.

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Yes we need Capes! We already have to many wtf back items.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I cared about capes back at launch, coming here straight from Guild Wars 1 and at a time when there were no cool backpacks. Now? I’m not going to switch out my Mesmer’s Shatterer wings or my Ranger’s Mad Memoires, or any of my other backpacks for that matter, for a cape. Too much invested in other cosmetics to care anymore.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Now, where did I put that thing . . . Ah! Here it is.

Somehow I see someone with a cape getting sucked into a Charr vehicle or airship…….

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

No no no. Capes in gw1 were horribly clippy and nasty. And that was on humans. Imagine Charr. Just no.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Hoaxintelligence.4628

98% of all back items are not even make any sense. Yeah, lets run arround with a huge barbeque set on my back, it looks so cool, everyone want this…

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Just a flesh wound.3589

98% of all back items are not even make any sense. Yeah, lets run arround with a guild advertisement on my back, it looks so cool, everyone want this…

ftfy.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

i would prefer anything to wings. theyre atrocious attention grabbers that serve no purpose. at least a cape would keep you warm!

lol people keep saying “oh well it cant be done because of charr”. here i have a simple picture for you. just cut out the yellow part and wallah you have a charr friendly cape. design so hard!

Attachments:

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

Posted by: Aceofsppades.6873

Aceofsppades.6873

I think the issue is they don’t have a rig for capes and building one would take resources that they don’t have at the moment

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

i would prefer anything to wings. theyre atrocious attention grabbers that serve no purpose. at least a cape would keep you warm!

lol people keep saying “oh well it cant be done because of charr”. here i have a simple picture for you. just cut out the yellow part and wallah you have a charr friendly cape. design so hard!

It’s ‘voilà’, not wallah. And the devs themselves actually stated ‘it would be too much work to get it done properly because of Charr, which are only played by a small portion of the playerbase’. And if you look at some of the clipping issues that many armor pieces have on Charr, it’s no surprise.

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Lol @ Just a fleshwound xd

@ Soude Noire

Were did the devs statet that?

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

(edited by Hoaxintelligence.4628)

Stand The Wall.6987

i know its not so cut and dry, but the little space in the middle of the cape would solve a lot of clipping issues with the tail.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

Its not so much their tail that is the problem.

Assuming that the cap attaches at the collar, it would clip through their entire body.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Stand The Wall.6987

Assuming that the cap attaches at the collar, it would clip through their entire body.

that would also have to be addressed. seems like a big problem.

EphemeralWallaby.7643

that would also have to be addressed. seems like a big problem.

It just depends on how you spin it.

Everyone get’s a cape, except the Charr. The Charr get Meatoberfest bibs!

~EW

Just a flesh wound.3589

If clipping is that much of a problem, maybe capes like the Balthazar outfit has.

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Aeronas.3715

Aeronas.3715

+1, great idea wished for by a great many since gw2 opened. gemstore item seems most likely and you can almost guarantee a large metric of players would buy it as capes are not only awesome if designed well, they are lore friendly in a lot of ways too, and mmo players like immersion.

Race, Profession, Disciplines,Guild,Type of play(sPvP/WvW/PvE). theres a lot of ways this one could go if the idea ever builds momentum, that in itself is a lucrative potential for anet.

EphemeralWallaby.7643

If clipping is that much of a problem, maybe capes like the Balthazar outfit has.

Sorry, JaFW, that won’t work. The Balthazar meatoberfest bib is on the wrong side of the body. We’d have to submit it as a bug.

~EW

Posted by: Carambola.1273

Carambola.1273

Enough wings and enough outfits!

I like skins, I like to mix parts of the set and capes would be very nice!

~Mag

Ultimate Legion Brazil

Posted by: Little Leota.5849

Little Leota.5849

Wings do serve a purpose – you can glide with them. I suppose you could glide with a cape, but then we get into the whole ‘superman’ thing, so…no.

Wings also help to define characters. I have a character who is a death angel. She has black wings. I have a ‘heavenly’ angel, and she has white wings. I have a Maleficent-style character, and she and my vampire character have bat wings. I don’t put wings on just any of my characters; it has to make sense to me that they would have them. But I don’t see a reason why any of my characters ‘needs’ a cape.

Also, I retract my earlier statement that capes would be okay if they were different styles and lengths, because as I also said earlier, it would take away from the look of armor.

Hoaxintelligence.4628

I would pay gems for a regular cape.
A cape is the only back item I would wear. How do I say this, all back items ingame are zjid
Wings here, Wings there, Black Wings, White Wings, holographic Wings, tequatl Wings, Brown Wings, i grind my booty of in pvp Wings, i grind my booty off in fractal Wings. So ugly. But wait, its hard to get, so people want it, so they can show a hard to get item to feel good about themselfs. Even If the back item is ugly #brainwash

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

(edited by Hoaxintelligence.4628)

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

It’s ‘voilà’, not wallah. And the devs themselves actually stated ‘it would be too much work to get it done properly because of Charr, which are only played by a small portion of the playerbase’. And if you look at some of the clipping issues that many armor pieces have on Charr, it’s no surprise.

It’s no surprise only a small portion of the player base play Charr when they are neglected so much by the developers.

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

Sure…capes are awesome! How about some new armor sets that aren’t costumes!