Enquiries about the new Custom PVP Arenas

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

I’m really excited that Anet is finally gonna release pvp arenas.
Can finally plan on designing a long awaited guild pvp tournament

I have a few enquiries and suggestions tho:

1) Is the custom arena that i buy from the cash shop permanently available for me to use? If so, why would i still need to buy time tokens to add rental time to my own custom arena? How much will these arenas cost?

2) Will there be Non-Cash Shop arenas available on the open world that we don’t ahve to buy from the cash shop? and can i use time tokens to rent them?

3) Instead of holding only 1 v 1 matches, can i customize as to how i want the rules to be? Eg: 3v3? 5v5?

4) Having private arenas is good, however is there a chance for an Open World PVP Arena where players can queue up like in wvw for a spot, and anyone else can join in for free?

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I’m already disappointed in Anet for charging for something like this, sPvP is already incredibly bland with only 1 game mode, now they want us to pay for something that should have been included AGES ago (private matches ATLEAST)?

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Keep in mind any excitement you have for making your own arena should probably be held off till a later date… Only the top 50 QP players in EU and NA and a select few media sites will be given access to the custom arena kits on the 30th. So only a select few will be making their own custom arenas.

After A-net is satisfied they work, they will then roll out the cash shop versions.

1) It appears there is no permanent versions of these at this time.

2) It’s unlikely a non cash shop version will be released, you can buy gems with gold, and use the gems to rent the arena.
3) Thats a big yes…
Custom Arena Options
•Custom Arena Name •Password •Message of the Day •Team Size •Score Limit •Time Limit •Respawn Time •Respawn Type: (Wave vs. individual) •Minimum players •Reserved Slots •Spectators: Y/N •Ready Button •Auto Balance •Lock Gear •Lock Skills •No Stats •Map selection •Member players •Member Guilds•Banned Players
4) No clue… Sounds interesting though….

(edited by Miku.6297)