Entangle - Should it?

Entangle - Should it?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

As of right now, Entangle (rangers elite) doesn’t work on stealthed players. However, I think it should.

Entangle - Should it?

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

Well of course it doesn’t work on stealthed players, those roots couldn’t see them… err….

I guess you make sense.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Entangle - Should it?

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

It’s an Elite, it shouldn’t be countered by something as easy to put out as Stealth.

Entangle - Should it?

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

It’s an Elite, it shouldn’t be countered by something as easy to put out as Stealth.

Its already countered by 3 auto attacks.

But yeah, it should work through stealth. Its one of the few ways to counter it and I think its probably a bug.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

Entangle - Should it?

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

I don’t think it should work on already stealthed players. However, if one is first entangled and then uses stealth I think it should still hold them. That’s just plain logic.

Entangle - Should it?

Tricare.2946

I don’t think it should work on already stealthed players. However, if one is first entangled and then uses stealth I think it should still hold them. That’s just plain logic.

I would argue that if the animation was just a little different, where you see roots pop out all around the ranger for the radius of the attack and try and grab onto something then disappear, anyone stealthed would be affected as well.

Entangle - Should it?

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

I would argue that if the animation was just a little different, where you see roots pop out all around the ranger for the radius of the attack and try and grab onto something then disappear, anyone stealthed would be affected as well.

I would agree 100% if the roots were appearing randomly and trying to ‘latch’ onto whatever, but as it is—and I may be mistaken—the roots seem specifically target people like they had ‘eyes’ so to speak, so…

Entangle - Should it?

Tricare.2946

Well, we would have to have someone that works for Anet tell us how the ability is suppose to work. Because, if it’s a ‘targeted AoE’ then I would agree that stealthed players can walk out of only if they are stealthed in the first place. But, If it’s just an AoE like say the warriors Earthshaker which will hit, do damage, and stun a stealthed person in the area it’s casted.

Then I’d disagree and say that the roots are just spawning in the radius around the ranger trying to grab onto something, anything and pull it to the ground whether they can see it or not.

Entangle - Should it?

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Looks like a stinky elite. What is it supposed to do? Set up a ranger ‘spike’? lol