Entropy - How much have you salvaged so far?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’m curious to see how much others salvage compared to myself.

The Agent of Entropy achievement is unlocked after completing the ‘Salvage Master’ prerequisite achievement that requires 500 salvages to be made (thanks for noting this info, Lil Puppy). Agent of Entropy is then completed by salvaging 200 items and is infinitely repeatable, though points are only awarded for 125 completions of the achievement.

A real nice aspect of this achievement is that it tracks how many times you completed the achievement beyond the maximum number that awards points (125 times).

Please comment and state (and/or post a screenshot) of your number of times completing the achievement.

To see your total number of salvages:

• Multiply the number of times you’ve completed the achievement by 200
    (the number of salvages to complete it one time)
  • Then add the number of salvages from the currently incomplete repeating of the achievement
  • Then add 500 to that number to account for the 500 salvages made for ‘Salvage Master’ that are required to unlock Agent of Entropy

You can also include the age of your account if you would like.

I initially had my stats posted but removed them as there was some unwanted attention from the bad kind of forum-goers in the early minutes of creating the thread. It seemed like a better idea to remove my count until more people made their comments showing their amounts that now show my count as not being as abnormally high as was first thought based on early comments.

I’m loving the wide range of numbers (played and salvaged) being shared.
Thank you for participating in posting and good luck to you in your future salvages!

My Stats as of 2015/03/30
Account Age – 943 days
Total Salvages – 957,912

Moderators, thank you very much for your assistance with my thread early on. I greatly appreciate all you do to keep these forums healthy and in order.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not even up to the 125 limit yet. I didn’t really salvage that much until Essences of Luck and unlocking skins were introduced, and still only when I’m too tired to sell, often.

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Right now I don’t even bother salvaging much. MF seems mostly useless and I just want gold.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Account age, well since headstart, 6k hours.

509 times completed, so about 101800 salvages.

I consider myself to be a normal player, doing some speedruns and some mid range fractals, and some wvw…

I never farm or grind. So that’s why you have 800k more drops? I see.
But could be you played 9 times as much of course that would be 56 hours a day then… you must be from another planet

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Haakkelberg.2460

Haakkelberg.2460

But could be you played 9 times as much of course that would be 56 hours a day then… you must be from another planet

He simply salvaged magicfind from blue and green items, nothing odd having million salvages using that method

Victory Hunter [Guardian] -The Bifrost- I -The Juggernaut- I -Kraitkin- -Kamohoali’i Kotaki-
Leader of Kalevala [Kale]
WvW guild of Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: zaw.6741

zaw.6741

He simply salvaged magicfind from blue and green items, nothing odd having million salvages using that method

uhm i do salvage not only blus and greens, but yellows and exotics (for insignia/inscription) too and repeated it just 321 times (x200=around 64k)
though i got ‘only’ around 3k hours since launch

StinVec.3621

sigh

I do not intentionally salvage items for Essence of Luck, though getting it as a byproduct during my usual salvaging was a nice little bonus. It’s all sitting in storage on a mule now until there is some worthwhile use for it in the future, if one does get added, that is.

I also never farm or grind. I loathe those two methods of acquiring currency or items.

I don’t see how having what is apparently an unusually high number of salvages immediately equates to assumptions of farming and grinding. I play the game as often as I am able to (which seems to be more often than many) and I only play to have fun…which I do. When I made this thread simply to ask a question and see what other players had as well, I didn’t realize I was going to have to justify how I acquired my number of salvages and defend my play style from baseless assumptions stated as facts.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

idk. i can’t be bothered to track such minutiae.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

StinVec.3621

Thank you to those who have made posts with actual contributions to the topic of the thread so far. I appreciate your taking the time to reply with the requested information.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Thank you to those who have made posts with actual contributions to the topic of the thread so far. I appreciate your taking the time to reply with the requested information.

I love how you make a subtle humblebrag thread to show off your rediculous salvage amount and then throw this passive aggressive comment at all the people discussion your rediculous salvage amount.

What were you actually expecting?

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

StinVec.3621

I love how you make a subtle humblebrag thread to show off your rediculous salvage amount and then throw this passive aggressive comment at all the people discussion your rediculous salvage amount.

What were you actually expecting?

It is nothing of the sort. How am I to know my number of salvages are abnormally high without asking to see what other people have? I start a thread asking such…hence this thread.

What was I expecting? Posts that actually contribute to the topic of the thread.

Please, if you are taking the time to reply to a thread, it would be greatly appreciated if you would make a post that contributes to the topic of the thread, otherwise you are wasting your time.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

Not even up to the 125 limit yet. I didn’t really salvage that much until Essences of Luck and unlocking skins were introduced, and still only when I’m too tired to sell, often.

I was away from the game for most of a year until August of last year, so I didn’t really start serious salvage activity until then. While I don’t have the game on right now, IIRC I’ve completed the achievement 83 times (meaning I still can earn AP’s from it for another 42 iterations), so, 16,600 salvages, not counting the current track. I’ve stepped up my salvaging a good deal lately, though, since I’ve been working on maxing out crafting professions and currently have ascended light armor underway for my mesmer, meaning – as you will gather – that I need every scrap of silk I can scrounge up. I’m also working on a legendary (The Predator), but I’ve actually completed most of the mat requirements for that by now; the only ones left aside from icy runestones – which must be purchased – are 132 vicious claws and 108 Orrian truffles, and I’m producing vicious claws by converting the T5 mat (large claws) in the Mystic Forge.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Lol…not sure why you quoted me.

But, gratz on your achievements; I’ve no Ascended Armor nor Legendaries. The new Legendary scavenger hunt/crafting implementation looks promising, though. I might actually get one………..some day. Lol.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I wasn’t aware that the achievment stopped giving points after so many times of completing it.

If it is able to be repeated infititly, then shouldn’t it give points infinitly as well?

Unless I’m missing something, but I don’t ever recall seeing anywhere that it stopped giving points after a cerain number has been reached.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I have salvaged 12843 items… I expected it to be a bigger number lol

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I wasn’t aware that the achievment stopped giving points after so many times of completing it.

If it is able to be repeated infititly, then shouldn’t it give points infinitly as well?

Unless I’m missing something, but I don’t ever recall seeing anywhere that it stopped giving points after a cerain number has been reached.

They capped the points it could give when in the early days of the AP system some people salvaged ungodly numbers of things to leap ahead on the leaderboards. As I recall they had the extra AP docked from their accounts once the cap was set in place.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You must have missed the early days, when some created threads showing 25,000 AP, almost exclusively from Entropy (most players had less than 5000 at that time, I believe).

That’s why it was capped, and the AP obtained rolled back. You can read about the cap on Entropy in the Wiki (link above).

Good luck.

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

222 times completed, something like 2.7k in game hours over just short of 2 years. I only really salvaged to get the achievement maxed to get the AP. I don’t really salvage for any other reason except rates/exos for ecto so I am extremely surprised that mine is so high.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

pdavis.8031

You must have missed the early days, when some created threads showing 25,000 AP, almost exclusively from Entropy (most players had less than 5000 at that time, I believe).

That’s why it was capped, and the AP obtained rolled back. You can read about the cap on Entropy in the Wiki (link above).

Good luck.

To which link are you referring?

recognize my command!”

Posted by: kaat.8237

kaat.8237

242 times completed for 48,400 salvages, plus a bit. At 3,700 playing hours since beta.

MARA on Gunner’s Hold

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

27.6k salvages with 138 achieve completions.

I’m guessing a lot of that has been achieved in the last few months. Silverwastes gives so much stuff >.<

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Good luck.

The Wiki link.

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Wow. That is a really good question. I think I’ll have to come back later when I’ve checked, I have absolutely no idea! But I love it when someone starts a kind of unusual thread Makes a nice change from when I scan down the list of threads and it’s just…same-old same-old.

I’ll be back

pdavis.8031

Good luck.

The Wiki link.

Either I am blind in one eye and can’t see out of the other, but there is no link….

recognize my command!”

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Top right of page:

Guildwars2.com – Forums – Support – Wiki

Good luck.

pdavis.8031

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tradesman

You mean this one? Where it says it’s capped at 250? I suppose thats what you are referring to…

recognize my command!”

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Last I checked I was at 360 on number of completions of the achievement

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Inculpatus cedo.9234

That, and the ‘Talk’ behind it. The Wiki is a font of information. =)

Plus, it was all over the forums, and likely in an official announcement (perhaps, the Release Notes) at the time.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

590 but it has slowed down since I stopped salvaging masterwork(unless it is light armor) items.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

23,800 Salvages

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

479 times completed and current on 129/200 so that’s 95,929… eh and I’m only on 217% MF

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

589 times…

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

1,464 times
292,800 salvages

OP why would you care what some people say? I don’t get it, were they upset that they don’t have as many? It’s not as if it’s a hard thing to do or get, it’s just time consuming. I’m genuinely curious as to how many you have.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

http://i.imgur.com/ZLsugKo.png

Repeated 22,862 times so 4,572,400 items salvaged plus 73 from my current counter.

edit: just read the rest of the thread. What was the OP’s count at anyways?

(edited by Enko.6123)

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

38400 items 3k hours

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

143 times, 28,600 items, 5,248 hours played with a 9 month break in between.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

341 on agent of entropy, but don’t forget, it starts with Salvage Master so you gotta add 500 to your total as well.
68,721 total items salvaged.

3375.5 hours 947 days.

StinVec.3621

Thank you all very much for your great posts.

I’ll re-add my image now that it seems my count is far below what some others are now posting. In the early minutes of creating the thread there was some unwanted attention from the bad kind of forum-goers and it seemed like a better idea to remove my count until more people made their comments showing their amounts.

I’m loving the wide range of numbers (played and salvaged) being shared. Thank you!

StinVec.3621

341 on agent of entropy, but don’t forget, it starts with Salvage Master so you gotta add 500 to your total as well.
68,721 total items salvaged.

3375.5 hours 947 days.

Oh that’s a great bit of info I had not realized. Thanks for sharing that. I’ll add that info to the OP as well now.

StinVec.3621

Good luck.

I’ve now added the direct wiki link to Tradesman into my OP to help out for those interested in reading up on Entropy and related achievements quickly.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Thank you all very much for your great posts.

I’ll re-add my image now that it seems my count is far below what some others are now posting. In the early minutes of creating the thread there was some unwanted attention from the bad kind of forum-goers and it seemed like a better idea to remove my count until more people made their comments showing their amounts.

I’m loving the wide range of numbers (played and salvaged) being shared. Thank you!

Eh not even sure why people would care if you had a higher post or thought you were bragging.

8413 hours over 948 days.
Anyways, adding my age to here since I didn’t put it in my first post.

Posted by: FunnyCide.5426

FunnyCide.5426

salvaged: 48,187
account age: 948 days

I didn’t do much salvaging before the luck system was put in and I took about a six month break in there too. I still would’ve though I salvaged more. heh.