Enviroment: Day/ Night

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xantos.3419

Xantos.3419

Q:

I recently played in the Archeage Beta (GW2 is still better by far!), However I did notice something that I thought neat. Archeage’s day/night cycle is more pronounced. I mean that when it is “dawn” it looks like an actual dawn with the sky being golden and your character’s shadow is very long and pronounced and it was the same with the sunset. At night, it is dark enough to need the streetlamps that were provided to turn on and off. Would you ever do this in Guild Wars 2? Either way I love GW2!!

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Yes, that is a thing many players pointed out.
In GW2 the difference between day and night is almost none, I would love a much darker night.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: jasonorme.5014

jasonorme.5014

I too love the idea of day and night being very different, as well as weather being more dynamic.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Same here.I like when day looks like day and night like night.This is not something that requires some heavy coding or anything…its easy to make and would make world looks so much more realistic and beautiful.Even better then Archage is what SONY ONLINE gonna make with Everquest Next.There you can see all phases of day/night.You can see dawn,dusk,night,eclipse and all of them looks amazing.All those phases shift slowly and not all of sudden like on GW2.There will be also night sounds and world will be more dangerous at night then at day.I soo wish i can see this in GW2 cause i dont like EQ cartoonish animation.Please Anet think about it…its not hard to make and it means ALOT for some of us.

(edited by saalle.4623)