EoTM/Event exp nerfed HUGELY in Sep Update?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mahtayoo.3748

Mahtayoo.3748

Before the Sep 9th patch i made a new alt warrior (I have a charr warrior as my main, and i made a sylvari one purely to use him in wvw roaming as i feel the charr is sluggish due to the bigger model) My warrior was level 26 or something before the patch hit. I have played this game since launch, i have one of every class at level 80. I have done my 100% map completion and experienced most things that the game has to offer. As a result, farming hearts and map exploring is boring for me now. “Been there, done that” as my title clearly states. I am finding it REALLY time consuming to gain levels with my new alt after this patch. Due to the fact that i have done pve on my other toons, and even if you can find a group who will take underlevels in dungeons, lets face it underlevels suck in dungeons and it takes far too much time for what its worth. I usually just farm EoTM to gain my levels with alts, but i have noticed that it has taken a HUGE nerf. I captured a keep yesterday and my exp bar went up by a couple of millimeters (i play on a 28 inch monitor) so that is basically NOTHING, i get about a centimeter from discovering a POI in pve. But i get 1/5th of that from capturing a WHOLE keep in wvw? Wtf is this? Is it intentional? A glitch that needs patching? All these new patches are just holding the hands of newbies too much, but still making it harder and forcing them to play the game a certain way. I liked this game because i could do what i liked to gain my levels. Now my options are being reduced and i don’t like it. Anyone else having any leveling issues since the patch for toons lv25-30+? We know that made it super easy to reach lv15 now, so don’t talk about how fast and easy a brand new toon was to level.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

You might consider changing your title to reflect your complaint about EotM/WvW leveling speed. PvE leveling speed at 27 seems to be unchanged.

Mahtayoo.3748

Event experience in the game in general seems to have been nerfed. Eotm leveling is done by doing lots of events, event exp for my character has taken a huge hit in general. Eotm is just where it hits me the most due to my playstyle. But yes, maybe i should re-work my title a little. Thanks

Posted by: Kjaska.7849

Kjaska.7849

I’ve had exactly the opposite experience in EotM since the 9th Sep patch.

When I was leveling in EotM 2 months ago, I would gain 1 level roughly every 30 minutes. Now I’m getting 1 level roughly every 10-15 minutes.

I am running with a Birthday Booster active though, but still. I am gaining levels faster than WvW Rank and I can’t recall that being the case prior to the patch.

Kjaska D Lannister – Mesmer
Robin D Lannister – Ranger
Candy Shop [CS] Desolation

Posted by: Kjaska.7849

Kjaska.7849

I just ran some quick tests and I’m getting 8-10% of a level for a normal objective and around 20% for a keep in EotM.

It would help if you could represent your gains in a % base instead of “inches on my 27” screen".

Kjaska D Lannister – Mesmer
Robin D Lannister – Ranger
Candy Shop [CS] Desolation

Posted by: Vladish.3940

Vladish.3940

I have the same problem, i get at best 80 per event in EoTM. With 17k I need to reach lvl 30 it’s a joke. I used to be able to level reasonably in EoTM, but now it’s ridiculous. Unless that reverts back I doubt I will ever make an alt now.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

It seems to be a bug at level 29 specifically where all EXP (save what seems to be Personal Story) is drastically reduced..

I havent’ hit 29 jsut yet to test this out myself. But its being reported on different fronts. It doesn’t seem to be limited to WvW/EotM.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I had an issue when I first popped into EotM on my mesmer (29). I was getting 29 to 100 xp depending on the cap. I went and cleared some events and did some mapping in regular pve, probably about 45 minutes to an hour. I waited for the match that was running at the time to finish. When I popped back into EotMs upon reset, I was back to getting 1k+ xp per cap (which was about normal if I recall. I rarely pay attention) I’ve had to do this on every character I’ve taken in, like they had DR on them.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Same with crafting. I only got 2 level from doing armorsmith 1 to 400 at lv 26.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Same with crafting. I only got 2 level from doing armorsmith 1 to 400 at lv 26.

That’s odd, because I tested crafting the other day and got the Right amount of EXP all the way to level 28.

On another note I just hit 29 and went from normal EXP gain to significantly reduced. Got two bars worth to make sure my test was good enough, then used a Tome to level up, and immediately started gaining normal EXP again at 30.

What an odd bug.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

For those of you at lvl 29 (I saw a few) there is something broken with lvl 29. Supposedly it returns to normal at 30.

Also stuck here with a 1-400 that gave me less than two levels. I will be asking Anet for my 6 levels or my gold, because this is ridiculous.

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

Posted by: Inugami.1345

Inugami.1345

True, when I leveled my guardian I get like 1,400 or more xp every time we cap a Keep. Now with the warrior I get around 80 XP per Keep while Im at level 29 so theres something to be fixed.

Posted by: Kranky.8231

Kranky.8231

I’ve been trying to level a new Elle (currently level 29) and I have to say whatever is going on is a complete disaster. I have 11 level 80s and there is no way I am doing pve to level it up. If this is a bug I hope it’s fixed soon and if it’s not I have already done my last 80 because there’s only so much grind you can do and I am past that point.

An indication from Anet would be appreciated.

Edit: Yeah it’s a bug. I used a tome to get to level 30 and it’s back to normal.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Kranky.8231)

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I just started Caledon Forest, following the compass at level 28 + 1 ‘bar’. Finished Caledon and JUST hit level 30.

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Maybe they needed to nerf the karma in EotM cause it wasn’t designed for karma trains in the first place.
It was desgined for WvW people that are Q’d up for a specific boarderland.
So they can keep fighting while waiting in the Q.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Well, it wouldn’t be a proper MMO levelling vision without hell levels.

Posted by: duckideva.6358

duckideva.6358

It appears to be true of all the *9 levels, at least that I’ve tried. At 19, 29, and 79 (three different characters), I saw a massive drop in exp gain both in pve and wvw. Once you crest into the next level, it’s back to normal.

I can only think that it’s a factor in the math of how they’ve redefined the leveling structure.

Cruella LaDucki: Have corpses, will travel
Torwynd Trueheart: Here I come to save the day!
NSP – Quak Resident Duchess L’Orange

Posted by: Teo Wolf.2790

Teo Wolf.2790

to help everyone out with this i found that when i hit 29 i went and did my story line and only had to do 2 of them to get from 29 to 30. then the xp went back to normal. hope this helps everyone.

Teo Wolf [ENVY]

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

to help everyone out with this i found that when i hit 29 i went and did my story line and only had to do 2 of them to get from 29 to 30. then the xp went back to normal. hope this helps everyone.

Gonna try this tonight.. I used a birthday booster @ lvl 25 and I don’t want it to be a total waste.

Edit: It worked a bit, it took 4 (early) chapters to get me to level 30.. at least it’s over now.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Posted by: Adelas.6598

Adelas.6598

pasted from reddit post by NornGuardian:
I’ve seen tons of people posting to Reddit & [Map] Chat about this so the more people know the better.
I first noticed it when I hit level 29 myself (though I’d been told about it) at this point. Basically the Hearts in the level 29 areas (eg Genderren Fields) Vistas, Skillpoints, etc — All give minimal amounts of experience ranging from (70-80).
Best thing you can do is go to another map and pass into the 30’s. Crafting is also another big offender; in that people will unknowingly try and craft past these levels, waste gold and get stuck at a much earlier level than planned.

Additional comments from redditors in that thread:

• Can confirm, experience was significantly lower percentage than it should be.
  • Also can confirm. Was leveling a new ele before patch via crafting. Got my 7 levels maxing cooking (20-27). Only got 2 levels maxing jewel crafting (27-29) after the patch. Tried the edge of the mist karma train after and got about 100 xp per completed event. :/
  • I just got to 30 and at 29 I was getting 2 or 3 xp for killing same level monsters
  • Map completion of Lion’s Arch was also messed up for me at level 29. I noticed I was getting way less XP than normal while discovering POIs/Vistas/WP in Lion’s Arch. I got to 100% completion and the reward chest gave me something like 600 XP (can’t remember exact value).

And then the OP came back and mentioned:

• Mmmm you don’t need to avoid them after level 29; just while level 29. I tested that earlier after I went back to Genderren at level 32/33 and got full EXP values.

So….

If you have any way to get a Tome of Knowledge from achievements, PvP reward tracks, or any other method, it is highly suggested that you use this to skip level 29 rather than grinding it. Or just set the character aside until the bug is resolved.

Posted by: Imperial Thor.5487

Imperial Thor.5487

Same issue on one of my alts as well, Stopped getting XP at 29, As well as my girlfriend. Ended up doing PvE events which didn’t seem bugged to get normal XP. However once we got to 30/31 it stopped.

Opened a ticket as well about it, But haven’t gotten an answer yet due to a delay apparently. Regardless, Hope it’s just a bug. Avoided my level 13 as well for some reason also have reduced xp of around 20-40 per tower cap.

Mahtayoo.3748

My exp at level 29 was ridiculous and it took me hours to get past it, but since hitting 30 and onward it seems to have gone back to normal. Best thing to do is to use a level tome at 29 if you have one handy.

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

There seems to be a bug. They said they’re sorting it out.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com