Q:

Ep 4: Head of the Snake Feb. 7th

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

A:

Check out the trailer for Living World Season 3 – Episode 4: Head of the Snake on the official Guild Wars 2 blog.

Couple of notes:

• The Standard and Deluxe versions of Heart of Thorns are on sale for a limited time, so check out the linked blog post for details.
  • If you don’t own HoT, you still can “bank” the episode by logging into the game while it’s live and saving it until such time as you acquire HoT.
  • If you want to “bank” Episode 3, log into the game before Episode 4 goes live. I’d suggest you do it now so you don’t forget.
    • BTW, when I mention banking, I think the vast majority of us are going to play through the content when it goes live. But circumstances can differ, and someone who’s unable to play, or who wants to save the episodes for a more convenient time can do so in the ways outlined above.
Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

just saw it. sucks the video isn’t available yet though…

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Yup. I totally called that date haha!

And I can’t wait! Yippyyyyy!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

It’s on my birfday

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I wonder where the new map will be located. Judging from the screenshots it lies in or at least near Kryta. Maybe we’ll finally be able to go to Lake Doric

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

The video is available now and… OMG – are they giving Divinity’s Reach the LA treatment? Oo

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Phew! I’m on holiday the week after..

Not seeing a new map, so maybe this is quite a beefy episode in which case. We do seem to be all over the place with this Season. It’ll be interesting to see how everything comes together.

(edited by Randulf.7614)

coso.9173

oh my god! I loved it! I’m in love with Quee Jennah now! (well as much as a gay man can be anyway)
also DR under attack? omg omg omgmgomgomg
can’t wait to play it.

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

PRAISE THE WHITE MANTLE! DEATH TO THE FALSE QUEEN!

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Theonord.6359

Theonord.6359

So Freaking Hyped ! and was that bloodstones being shot at DR? amagahd!!!!!!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

So presumably this is the end of the White Mantle storyline (at least for now). And it looks like Divinity’s Reach is the location for the final battle which I have to admit I didn’t see coming, as much as it seems obvious.

Not seeing a new map, so maybe this is quite a beefy episode in which case. We do seem to be all over the place with this Season. It’ll be interesting to see how everything comes together.

I didn’t see a new map in the video but at the bottom of the article there’ a screenshot of a town which I don’t recognise. Of course that could be related to the raid, but to me it looked more like an open-world style area.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Randulf.7614

So presumably this is the end of the White Mantle storyline (at least for now). And it looks like Divinity’s Reach is the location for the final battle which I have to admit I didn’t see coming, as much as it seems obvious.

I didn’t see a new map in the video but at the bottom of the article there’ a screenshot of a town which I don’t recognise. Of course that could be related to the raid, but to me it looked more like an open-world style area.

Is that pic 3? Yes, have to say I don’t recognise it either

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Oh wow, I asked when Divinity’s Reach would be destroyed almost a year ago. Was it planned all along or did I plant an idea?

Alchemy….what have I done?

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

coso.9173

i think the new map would be one of the sides of DR, since they’re attacking the walls.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

That’s not a town in the game yet. Meaning we’re going to see a location just north of Queensdale open up possibly.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Finally got to watch the trailer…

…uhm. So DR’s getting trebbed with giant bloodstone crystals. That not reminiscent of anything, now is it? Not at aaaaaallll….. /sarcasm

Time to whoop some White Mantle rump.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Time to bring back #Dismantle?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Dessan.9420

Dessan.9420

Would be nice if DR actually fell, though I don’t get my hopes up. As a person who never cared much for humans in this game I found the trailer boring. Seems like we’ll get an episode of Minister Everybody-knew-I-was-evil-from-the-start (who’s pretty comically incompetent at everything he does) vs Queen Logan’s-waifu, none of whom I could care less about, and story-wise none of which non-human characters should care about. Hope this get’s wrapped up quick and we can get back to Lazarus (yea, I too almost forgot we had a mursaat back) and actual dragons, or that I’m mistaken in my assumptions.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Who is the blonde human man at :24? Just a random Minister, or should I recognize him? Surely it’s not Faren with a hair change

I am super happy to see this, I have some RP storylines that have been dancing around the plot involving the Caudecus propaganda. I have high hopes (likely to be dashed, I know), that we’ll get another world-changing event like LA had, something that can fuel RP for a long time to come.

It seems DR is getting attacked at the eastern side.
There’s a large lake on the eastern side, which would make an attack from that side unlikely. Which is exactly why the White Mantle would attack there, The Seraph wouldn’t expect it.

Also that lake is only there because of a large dam, and we see a large dam getting destroyed in the trailer. In one shot we see catapults firing at Divnity’s Reach from an area that’s similar to Queensdale, but it’s not Queensdale. Not only that, we see what looks like a drained lake. There’s even a small town with docks, yet no water. From the direction the bloodstone projectiles are impacting DR (see last pic) it definitely seems the attack is coming from the east.

Attachments:

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Remember the last time the humans had to defend their main city?

Perhaps history is repeating itself….>:p

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

…uhm. So DR’s getting trebbed with giant bloodstone crystals. That not reminiscent of anything, now is it? Not at aaaaaallll….. /sarcasm

Those crystals from gw1 were searing cauldron crystals. Completely different things. But since theyre used for bombardment it might as well be the same thing

Remember the last time the humans had to defend their main city?

The last time they had to defend their main city was from Scarlet in Season 1.
So yes I do remember, the humans repelled the attack and won.

Or do you mean the city before that? Ebonhawke? Which they also succesfully defended.

Or the one before that? Ascalon? Which the Charr will never be truly able to fully conquer thanks to the Foefire.

~Sincerely, Scissors

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Those crystals from gw1 were searing cauldron crystals. Completely different things. But since theyre used for bombardment it might as well be the same thing

I’m aware. I did play GW1 for 9 years. That’s why I used the term “reminiscent.” As it seems very similar to what we have seen before. Regardless of what’s actually launching the things (or what they are made out of. Do we know what the searing crystals were made out of? I don’t recall).

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

It’s clobberin’ time!

EDIT: This was posted as a response to another thread about the LSE4 announcement, so it’s a bit out of context here.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

(edited by Endless Soul.5178)

Randulf.7614

Half price HoT…interesting!

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

Aaaaand another major city that’s going to burn to hell…

Please, just PLEASE… don’t touch my Storage——>Dwayna Statue——>Trade post area.

You may slay and destroy all of tyria, except the one place where the npc’s are so near.

<3 hat of the snek

-Sâmbuca

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Yep. We did ourselves no favors having so many different potential placements for a thread about the episodes. Thanks for sharing those links, Donari.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

coso.9173

i don’t think they’ll completely destroy it, more like just open one of the walls and then we’ll stop them

Indeed, there have been attacks on cities before where the city wasn’t destroyed and still usable afterwards.
LA – Karka attack
LA – Aetherblades attack
Divnity’s Reach – Scarlet attack

~Sincerely, Scissors

Randulf.7614

Is the info being emailed out this week as well, for both ep4 and the half price offer?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Ok, so I looked, I really looked, but I think I was parsing for “Episode 4” and not the episode’s title, “Head of the Snake.” In the meantime, someone else made a thread, so we’ve engaged Merge-o-Tron™ and we have one big ol’ thread here in GW2 Discussion on the topic of the next episode of Living World Season 3!

Thanks for your understanding of the merged thread, and my apologies for starting an unnecessary new one.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

I wonder where the new map will be located. Judging from the screenshots it lies in or at least near Kryta. Maybe we’ll finally be able to go to Lake Doric

They already said there will be no Lake Doric map.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Is the info being emailed out this week as well, for both ep4 and the half price offer?

Yes, we’ll be e-mailing. If someone has opted-in for our communication, they will get an e-mail. Thanks for asking. (If you want to forward to friends, I suppose you could do that. We only send e-mails to people who have given us permission to do so.)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

They already said there will be no Lake Doric map.

And yet the attack is clearly coming from the exact same area where Lake Doric is (was?) located. Though the lake is probably being drained because we see a large dam being destroyed in the trailer.

So even if Anet said that we won’t go to Lake Doric (I have seen no such statement) they didn’t technically lie. If the white mantle blow up the dam and drain the lake, there technically isn’t a lake anymore. The area will be drastically changed and probably have another name altogether, but it will still be in the same location that originally was Lake Doric.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: supa suop.8026

supa suop.8026

Any word about a new legendary coming out next Patch?

[SoS] PvX Thief,
The world could use more S/x Thief
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

Posted by: supa suop.8026

supa suop.8026

And yet the attack is clearly coming from the exact same area where Lake Doric is (was?) located. Though the lake is probably being drained because we see a large dam being destroyed in the trailer.

So even if Anet said that we won’t go to Lake Doric (I have seen no such statement) they didn’t technically lie. If the white mantle blow up the dam and drain the lake, there technically isn’t a lake anymore.

I believe there was a post from a dev on reddit that stated we were not going to get the lake Doric map.

Where that post is?….idk

[SoS] PvX Thief,
The world could use more S/x Thief
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Ok, so I looked, I really looked, but I think I was parsing for “Episode 4” and not the episode’s title, “Head of the Snake.” In the meantime, someone else made a thread, so we’ve engaged Merge-o-Tron™ and we have one big ol’ thread here in GW2 Discussion on the topic of the next episode of Living World Season 3!

Thanks for your understanding of the merged thread, and my apologies for starting an unnecessary new one.

Sorry didn’t mean to steal anyone’s thunder, was just excited and wanted everyone to see. <3 you Gaile!

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

So even if Anet said that we won’t go to Lake Doric (I have seen no such statement) they didn’t technically lie. If the white mantle blow up the dam and drain the lake, there technically isn’t a lake anymore.

I believe there was a post from a dev on reddit that stated we were not going to get the lake Doric map.

Where that post is?….idk

http://imgur.com/0CbSZmd

Here’s that post, with the important line marked.

Note how they aren’t saying “Lake Doric” isn’t coming, but how -that map- isn’t.

Where that post is?….idk

http://imgur.com/0CbSZmd

Here’s that post, with the important line marked.

Note how they aren’t saying “Lake Doric” isn’t coming, but how -that map- isn’t.

Indeed, all they said that the map we saw in the leaked pictures is not the map we get in Episode 4. Because it’s a very old and scrapped map.

They never said “We are not going to lake doric”.
We just aren’t getting the old and scrapped version we saw before.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Previous

Gaile Gray

Sorry didn’t mean to steal anyone’s thunder, was just excited and wanted everyone to see. <3 you Gaile!

Are you kidding? No apology needed! You’re on it, and I love that. (I just missed the whole thread, which is on me.) Thanks for posting — it’s great to see the excitement and the anticipation!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

I’m quite curious how much the sneaky devs are giggling at us right now for how they so neatly pulled the wool over our eyes with their well timed comment about the old Lake Doric map on reddit.
Would pay for being at their office and hearing their comments to eachother.

Posted by: Bandlero.6312

Bandlero.6312

Please for the love of sanity, destroy DR but DO NOT make us go through another city being rebuilt. Leave it destroyed!

The original [WvW] guild
Fergusons Crossing Invader
http://gw2command.com

coso.9173

don’t forget there’s always the chance that the cinematic in which we see the direction of the attacks, might not be realistic, and they might have not calculated that.

Please for the love of sanity, destroy DR but DO NOT make us go through another city being rebuilt. Leave it destroyed!

You want one of the playable races without a capital city?
That is insane.

Even if it’s getting destroyed (there’s no guarantee of that, DR has been attacked before)
of course they’ll rebuild it. And they should, the devs can’t leave one race without a capital city, it wouldn’t make sense.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

Is it confirmed that there will be a new, open world map in Chapter 4? If not, would someone official like to tell us?

Also, do we all have to support Queen Jennah if we want to do this? She’s about the last person I want to assist in staying in power…

coso.9173

oh I’d like a confirmation for a new map too, crossing my fingers…

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Looking forward to the new living story…is there any ETA on the skill balance update?

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<