Ep 4: Head of the Snake Feb. 7th

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

We almost certainly know there is one, I’d like to know how big

PS why 120 seconds between posts? that seems overly long..

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

Please for the love of sanity, destroy DR but DO NOT make us go through another city being rebuilt. Leave it destroyed!

You want one of the playable races without a capital city?
That is insane.

Even if it’s getting destroyed (there’s no guarantee of that, DR has been attacked before)
of course they’ll rebuild it. And they should, the devs can’t leave one race without a capital city, it wouldn’t make sense.

Not insane at all.
That’s how war works.
Leave the new humans to enter the game in a refugee camp instead.
They can still access the personal story in a pre-destruction map, similar to Lion’s Arch, since that happened, chronologically, a long time ago.
It would make it more interesting for sure.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Please for the love of sanity, destroy DR but DO NOT make us go through another city being rebuilt. Leave it destroyed!

That is insane.

Even if it’s getting destroyed (there’s no guarantee of that, DR has been attacked before)
of course they’ll rebuild it. And they should, the devs can’t leave one race without a capital city, it wouldn’t make sense.

Not insane at all.
That’s how war works.

Never rebuilding what you lost, even when you win, is how war works?
Even if that was true (it isn’t) this isn’t real life. It’s a game.

Every race currently has a capital city, and it should stay that way.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against DR getting destroyed (even though I doubt it will happen). I’m just against never rebuilding it, that would be ridiculous.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Mikuchan.7261

That is insane.

Not insane at all.
That’s how war works.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against DR getting destroyed (even though I doubt it will happen). I’m just against never rebuilding it, that would be ridiculous.

War destroys things, many times beyond repair.
If the enemy seizes the location, then you don’t get access to it (easily).

Why would every race need a capital city?
It would be more interesting if that wasn’t the case.
If humans would have to seek refuge in the other cities, especially Black Citadel.
Besides, humans also have Ebonhawke. Fits well that it’s the last bastion for humanity.
Sure, it’s smaller than DR. And that’s why we’re building refugee camps outside the city. Perfect.
That gives us a segway to the Crystal Desert as well.

That is insane.

Not insane at all.
That’s how war works.

War destroys things, many times beyond repair.

Unless the entire land of Kryta gets sucked into a black hole, I doubt it will be damaged beyond repair.

Cities have been nuked and completely vaporized in our world, they were rebuild. Dozens of cities in europe were reduced to rubble in World War 2, they were all rebuild. I’m sure Kryta can do the same.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

That is insane.

Not insane at all.
That’s how war works.

When the frogloks kicked the trolls out of Grobb in EQ new troll players had to start in the Foreign Quarter of the Dark Elf city. When the trolls got it back new player frogloks had to start in a refugee camp in Rathe Mountains. That whole storyline took several years to play out and throughout there was always at least one playable race with no starting city of its own. Just saying there is precedent in the genre if not in this particular franchise…

Posted by: Schnitzelweck.7690

Schnitzelweck.7690

Divinity’s Reach gets destroyed?!!?

Folks, prepare for another GIANT LOBSTER!

;-)

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Finally got to watch the trailer…

…uhm. So DR’s getting trebbed with giant bloodstone crystals. That not reminiscent of anything, now is it? Not at aaaaaallll….. /sarcasm

Time to whoop some White Mantle rump.

Those crystals from gw1 were searing cauldron crystals. Completely different things. But since theyre used for bombardment it might as well be the same thing

I’m aware. I did play GW1 for 9 years. That’s why I used the term “reminiscent.” As it seems very similar to what we have seen before. Regardless of what’s actually launching the things (or what they are made out of. Do we know what the searing crystals were made out of? I don’t recall).

I think searing crystals are just crystallized magic. I did some digging but I couldnt find more than just crystallized magic from the Searing Cauldron, which was a kind of magic which in one form or another results from the Titans gifts. I think its just like nuclear magic. The blast destroys after which its magic leaks out killing and destroying the lands. This part is just spevulation, though.
It IS magic, though, as the surviving crystals are worshipped by Geawl as shards of the Tail of the Star God.

That is insane.

Not insane at all.
That’s how war works.

When the frogloks kicked the trolls out of Grobb in EQ new troll players had to start in the Foreign Quarter of the Dark Elf city. When the trolls got it back new player frogloks had to start in a refugee camp in Rathe Mountains. That whole storyline took several years to play out and throughout there was always at least one playable race with no starting city of its own. Just saying there is precedent in the genre if not in this particular franchise…

I don’t see how something that happened in a different game has any bearing on what might happen in GW2. I mean I get what you are saying, it happened before in a game of the same genre, but EQ has a vastly different way of releasing new content and story. EQ is pumping out 29.99 to 39.99 dollar expansions like crazy, the kind of development I wish gw2 had.

Also this is a Living World S3 plot, which I doubt will take years to play out. The main plot of Guild Wars 2 is fighting the Elder Dragons, fighting White Mantle is a side plot. A very spectacular one I admit, but a side plot nonetheless.

Again I’m fine with it being destroyed, just not the “never rebuild it” part.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Bandlero.6312

Bandlero.6312

That is insane.

Not insane at all.
That’s how war works.

I don’t see how something that happened in a different game has any bearing on what might happen in GW2. I mean I get what you are saying, it happened before in a game of the same genre, but EQ has a vastly different way of releasing new content and story. EQ is pumping out 29.99 to 39.99 dollar expansions like crazy, the kind of development I wish gw2 had.

Also this is a Living World S3 plot, which I doubt will take years to play out. The main plot of Guild Wars 2 is fighting the Elder Dragons, fighting White Mantle is a side plot. A very spectacular one I admit, but a side plot nonetheless.

Again I’m fine with it being destroyed, just not the “never rebuild it” part.

Even if it hasn’t been done before, they could do it (and I personally would love it.) Humans could start out in refugee camps outside of DR or in the ruins of DR. We have had refugees in GW2 before. The founders of DR & the White Mantle were refugees themselves resulting from the wars with the Charr – if I remember correctly. Humans as refugees has a place in GW.

I think fighting the White Mantle is NOT a side-plot. They are the main plot; they’ve been secretly trying to recapture power in DR all of these years. Harnessing the power of a dragon would help them fight their war against their enemies. Controlling a dragon would be the ultimate weapon in GW. Just as Sylvari were the “enemy” in HoT, Humans will be the “enemy” next.

Edit: Also to add, it is NOT unprecedented for a playable races’ home city to be destroyed and never rebuilt. The Ascalonians lost their home city to the Charr.

The original [WvW] guild
Fergusons Crossing Invader
http://gw2command.com

(edited by Bandlero.6312)

Even if it hasn’t been done before, they could do it (and I personally would love it.) Humans could start out in refugee camps outside of DR or in the ruins of DR. We have had refugees in GW2 before.

I agree that would be pretty cool.
Just not forever.

If it is then I’m definitely going to request a refund for the Royal Terrace Pass.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Bandlero.6312

Bandlero.6312

Even if it hasn’t been done before, they could do it (and I personally would love it.) Humans could start out in refugee camps outside of DR or in the ruins of DR. We have had refugees in GW2 before.

Just not forever.

If it is then I’m definitely going to request a refund for the Royal Terrace Pass.

They would simply relocate the Royal Terrace just as they relocated all of the services of Lion’s Arch to Vigil Keep and gave us the Air Ship. The Royal Terrace could be moved to that walled town in South Queensdale or somewhere else suitable.

The original [WvW] guild
Fergusons Crossing Invader
http://gw2command.com

Just not forever.

They would simply relocate the Royal Terrace just as they relocated all of the services of Lion’s Arch to Vigil Keep and gave us the Air Ship. The Royal Terrace could be moved to that walled town in South Queensdale or somewhere else suitable.

LA didn’t have an area that you needed to pay gems for. And LA was restored eventually, it was changed yes, but it wasn’t gone forever.
And simply relocating it won’t be enough. I could’ve gotten the airship pass, or the Lava Lounge, or even Noble’s Folly. But no, I got the Royal Terrace Pass because I like that area, I like how it looks and the fact it’s located in a beautiful capital city.
When anet changes the location it’s not longer the product I paid for.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Edit: Also to add, it is NOT unprecedented for a playable races’ home city to be destroyed and never rebuilt. The Ascalonians lost their home city to the Charr.

I’m sorry but that’s a very flawed example.
The Ascalonians lost their home city in the transition from Gw1 to Gw2. Throughout the running of GW1, the ascalonians retained control of Ascalon, they lost the city in between the two games. So unless Anet is going to release Gw3 after this episode, it’s not the same.

But yes Ascalon did get destroyed and wasn’t rebuilt, but that was in a completely different game. Gw1 was a CORPG, it was basically a singleplayer game with an interactive lobby. Also it happened in the intro of the game, it wasn’t something that happened after Ascalon was already in-game for years.

EDIT: Also, in gw1 Ascalon was not the main capital city for human players (basically all players). It was Lions Arch.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: fourhim.3584

fourhim.3584

I don’t do raids. Is this chapter going to add a new map/zone to explore (like previous chapters), or does it all just take place in Divinity’s Reach?

Thanks

Posted by: demitel.1340

demitel.1340

Ah yes. It has been too long since anything interesting happened in any major cities. This is going to be fun.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I don’t do raids. Is this chapter going to add a new map/zone to explore (like previous chapters), or does it all just take place in Divinity’s Reach?

Thanks

Given how insistent they have been about the raid team being separate and not taking away from living story development, it would be a huge step backwards if this release did not include a new world map. Surely they wouldn’t do that.

My guess is were going to get the area to the east or to the north of Divinity’s Reach as a playable zone.

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

I don’t have issues with a city being destroyed. that being said, DR is beautiful and it would be a real loss to not have it anymore.
besides what would that mean for players who don’t get the chapter? would they be trapped in old DR?

If DR does get a makeover, I want a Canthan District.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Mikuchan.7261

If DR does get a makeover, I want a Canthan District.

That’s literally the only reason to rebuild DR. But we can build that onto Ebonhawke instead, when we expand the city to fit all the refugees.

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

Should be cool if DR is destroyed and humans rebuild their lives in the Stronghold of Ebonhawke. It should make sense since the next xpack is elona and the crystal desert gate is on the south of this city.

But I don’t think it will happens since there is the Royal Terrass pass and without DR they have to do something about it.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Should be cool if DR is destroyed and humans rebuild their lives in the Stronghold of Ebonhawke. It should make sense since the next xpack is elona and the crystal desert gate is on the south of this city.

But I don’t think it will happens since there is the Royal Terrass pass and without DR they have to do something about it.

Got a source or a link for that expac knowledge? I think the “leak” pic was fake personally.

Will the Charr be cool with it though? Humans rebuilding/expanding ebonhawke right next to their territory?

~Sincerely, Scissors

Khyan.7039

Got a source or a link for that expac knowledge? I think the “leak” pic was fake personally.

that_shaman datamined new humans faces/hairstyles with the Elona style. There is that post on reedit saying some future content (available now) such as Eurêka, new fractals & new pvp maps while they weren’t even released yet.

Edit: Deleted the link. Do a search on google don’t know if it’s allowed since the reedit post has been deleted two times and the last one is locked.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

that_shaman datamined new humans faces/hairstyles with the Elona style. There is that post on reedit saying some future content (available now) such as Eurêka, new fractals & new pvp maps while they weren’t even released yet.

Edit: Deleted the link. Do a search on google don’t know if it’s allowed since the reedit post has been deleted two times and the last one is locked.

Aha I wasn’t aware of new datamined stuff. Guess I should check out reddit a little more often. Thanks!

Khyan.7039

Will the Charr be cool with it though? Humans rebuilding/expanding ebonhawke right next to their territory?

It’s why it’s interesting. More drama is a good thing.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

The video is available now and… OMG – are they giving Divinity’s Reach the LA treatment? Oo

I hope not! That would be devastating as LA looks awful now. DR is my favorite place in all of GW2, giving it an overhaul (of the ugly kind, because let’s be honest, it’s already perfect and any change would be a downgrade) would be crushing. I wouldn’t mind it was taking some serious damage so long as the rebuild will equal its former version.

Wait, what? Where did you get that information??

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

coso.9173

datamining ;D
I saw the same thing in reddit. but I doubt they plan to revamp 2 cities in a story chapter

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Hooray

I was really worried that this release would be coming out towards the latter half of the month. ANet has done really well with hitting their 2-month cadence for Living Story releases so this is a slight deviation, but I am glad it’s only two weeks off course rather than more. Really looking forward to the release, and I hope the balance patch and skirmish rewards are en route as well!

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Divinity’s Reach gets attacked?! Gah, I didn’t think ANet had the guts to put up a starting city on the line like that. Story-wise, I suppose it had to happen at some point. Will there be any substantial changes? Severe damage? Destruction? Relocation? What of new players who join the game? How will they be incorporated into this?

Well, I’m hyped. The story is getting better. Can’t wait to see how THIS goes down.

(edited by JTGuevara.9018)

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

After going frame by frame with the video, it appears that the assault on DR is not from Queensdale but from an area we haven’t explored yet. It looks to be directly north of CM judging by the terrain, angle of the mountains facing DR and the fact that centaurs are charging in, in one shot. Since centaur homeland is in Harathi and it’s directly next to that space above CM…. well I think that’s a pretty good chance it is. The new area may even extend all the way around DR to the north and west. So it seems at least a small part of the Woodland Cascade is being explored.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

After going frame by frame with the video, it appears that the assault on DR is not from Queensdale but from an area we haven’t explored yet. It looks to be directly north of CM judging by the terrain, angle of the mountains facing DR and the fact that centaurs are charging in, in one shot. Since centaur homeland is in Harathi and it’s directly next to that space above CM…. well I think that’s a pretty good chance it is. The new area may even extend all the way around DR to the north and west. So it seems at least a small part of the Woodland Cascade is being explored.

Its the area that Lake Doric was. Notice the shot at 0:52 of the bloodstone catapult firing. The glass dome of the central plaza is visable as well as the royal palace to the right of it and kormir high road the the left.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

coso.9173

well there’s some dried lake in the video, no?
i just hope we’ll get a new map… and not just story, but we’ll have to see

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Having the White Mantle attack DR likely means group content that requires organizing, something that has been absent from this season. Hopefully we do see a new zone bordering DR because it would allow for ‘wall defense’ game play. DR is a walled city and couldn’t be attacked using similar tactics from LA arc.

Will Lazarus make an appearance? He is a part of the White Mantle story. I predict that if he is against the WM then defending DR will be used as a way to demonstrate his motives but if he is for the White Mantle, his appearance will be the cliff hanger that precedes the next expansion. The video does feature someone in what looks like White Mantle necromancer armor and Lazarus is a necromancer…

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

well there’s some dried lake in the video, no?
i just hope we’ll get a new map… and not just story, but we’ll have to see

I am hoping we do not have to do some of the story yet again to get into that map. I just want to explore and do the story later when I have the time.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Its the area that Lake Doric was. Notice the shot at 0:52 of the bloodstone catapult firing. The glass dome of the central plaza is visable as well as the royal palace to the right of it and kormir high road the the left.

That would put the catapult on the East side of DR, not the west side which was the Lake Doric map.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

That would put the catapult on the East side of DR, not the west side which was the Lake Doric map.

No, the angle is clear in the shot. It’s definitely north northwest.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

If you want to see where the attack is then check this.

https://youtu.be/WqgGIrGnhbo?t=47

You can see the lake from here and you can see the blown out dam as well. The dam is to the left, we are looking as the water flows down, so we’re definitely to the north of the two dams. You can see DR as well- As we are looking south (the water flows south), the city is on the right- So the city must be to the west. Therefore, we must be to the east.

It’s possible that they flipped the video but unlikely.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

Blood for the blood emperor. Skulls for the skull cauldron. Charr the time has come at last. Eat the hummies.

Posted by: underweaver.8324

underweaver.8324

So Anet, im confused, are we getting Raid Wing 4 of Forsaken thicket? Or are we getting a new raid altogether, aka Raid 2: Wing 1.

Everybody keeps calling it raid wing 4 so that seems to imply that its part of the forsaken thicket…

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Time to bring back #Dismantle?

Wasn’t such a thing as a hashtag back then…but we could bring back the posters!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t know. Hashtags took off in 2007, and became even more popular starting in 2009; Dismantle was 2010.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

I don’t know. Hashtags took off in 2007, and became even more popular starting in 2009; Dismantle was 2010.

If that’s so, then I’m way behind.

Behellagh.1468

No, the angle is clear in the shot. It’s definitely north northwest.

No look at this picture. The “castle” is to the right of the dome and since the “castle” is the northern most part of DR, that means it’s coming from the right side DR.

People forget there’s a kitten ext to CM as well.

Attachments:

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

The Lake Doric map was east of DR.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lake_Doric

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Behellagh.1468

Then why are people talking about the attack is being from the west side of DR and saying the body of water over there is Lake Doric?

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

The attack is definitely at the east side.
This can clearly be seen from the angle at which the bloodstone projectiles fly towards DR. The palace, which lies north, is right of the dome. So the attack is coming from the right (east). (see pic 1).
It makes sense too because there’s a large lake there, which is kept in place by a dam, which is getting blown up, and we see catapults standing in a dried up lake near a town with docks and no water (see pic 2 and 3).

Attachments:

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Mozed.7510

Mozed.7510

Hey Windu, i used your post to bring infos on the French forum.

Thank you mate

coso.9173

I had this little idea last night. a movie poster styled drawing featuring of course my character ;D
we should get movie posters for all new chapters haha.

Attachments:

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

Queen Jennah kinky scenes pls.