Epidemic: kicked for not playing heavy

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sylv.6514

Sylv.6514

I repeatedly get kicked out of groups for not playing a Guardian or Warrior, and sometimes even receive major hate for maining a ranger. I don’t know what has to be done to change this, but something needs to change. I am getting sick of getting kicked from fractal groups for simply not playing a heavy armor class. Nerf heavies into the ground, buff mediums and lights, add a report option for kick abuse. I don’t care which, just do it so I don’t have to be forced to play 2/8 classes from fear of being kicked otherwise. The foundation of this game is supposed to be about playing what you want how you want, but with the way things are now, that is impossible to do without getting some sort of grief in return.

Patience is limited. Sometimes this crap just makes me want to quit the game for months at a time.

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Do you use sword as your primary weapon? Do have spotter and use frost spirit? Which pet do you use? Do you roll zerker?

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Sylv.6514

Do you use sword as your primary weapon? Do have spotter and use frost spirit? Which pet do you use? Do you roll zerker?

None of that matters because i get kicked before even zoning in. It’s about major discrimination against anything but heavy armor classes.

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Just curious if you answered yes to all those questions(except the pet one, since that isn’t a yes or no).

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

Posted by: UltraFlyingTaco.7452

UltraFlyingTaco.7452

1- I use greatsword and axe+wh (greatsword let’s me dodge,which is critical for 1 hit bosses)

2-Yes.

3-Yes.

4- Spider and jaguar/jungle stalker for might.

5- No, I use soldier with zerk trinkets.

Posted by: Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Are you joining groups that say no ranger in them? If so that might be your problem. I generally ask for no ranger as the average pug ranger uses longbow, has bear pet, no spotter or frost spirit, and uses sig of the hunt.

Sadly those types of rangers ruined it for all in dungeons. If you really want to avoid being kicked you should make your own party on the LFG tool. It will fill with people and you will have fun.

Cat Has Ducks.1982

1- I use greatsword and axe+wh (greatsword let’s me dodge,which is critical for 1 hit bosses)

2-Yes.

3-Yes.

I am a dungeon forums frequenter. And the axe on a ranger is seen as a giant No No. That thing is terrible, and will often get you kicked. Running stuff like that will create the bag stigma people have with Rangers. The Longbow is the obvious kick on sight, but axe rangers are generally viewed as not knowing their class(I’m not being mean here, just letting you know what the perception is).

Same as Guardian. If they join the dungeon holding a staff, mace or scepter then they get the boot. Unless its TA, and the staff is only for clearing blossoms.

Point I’m trying to make, is that Rangers dig themselves their own grave by running terrible builds, then it makes everyone who plays the class suffer. The reason why guardians are often saved from being so strictly banished, is because people are dumb. A bad guardian is a bad guardian. They should be booted just as quick as bad rangers, but the general masses of pugs don’t know how to properly filter out bads from goods, so they just use the “kick all X class”.

Any group worth their salt will keep a ranger who has:
1.) sword
2.) spotter, frost spirit
3.) zerker

So if you run the right build and get kicked. Its their lost. If you run a bad build, then you are to contributing to the negative stigma of your class.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Some of the devs said during the Twitch livestream that the major balance update in a couple of months time will see major changes to Rangers but that they are unable to speak about it. They did mention, however, that traps could be given combo fields.

All you can do is wait a little while I guess. My alt is a Ranger so I too am hoping for amazing things.

EDIT: I disagree with Cat’s post entirely. Specific builds arent needed in 90% of the game and the sooner people realise that the better. The only exceptions are higher level Fractals and world events but standard dungeons are fine with any class, any build unless youre speed-running in which case id say you take a long hard look at why exactly youre playing GW2.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

(edited by Thereon.3495)

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

Mesmers and Elementalists are considered heavy now?

That’s heavy. . .

Posted by: Jin GW Two.6125

Jin GW Two.6125

You sound very silly, you can make your own grp and pple will join you, this post is silly, im sorry you feel like you being kicked, but truth is you need to make your own group. If your op on a ranger, it will not matter, Make your own grp brother.

Posted by: UltraFlyingTaco.7452

UltraFlyingTaco.7452

2-Yes.

3-Yes.

I am a dungeon forums frequenter. And the axe on a ranger is seen as a giant No No. That thing is terrible, and will often get you kicked. Running stuff like that will create the bag stigma people have with Rangers. The Longbow is the obvious kick on sight, but axe rangers are generally viewed as not knowing their class(I’m not being mean here, just letting you know what the perception is).

Same as Guardian. If they join the dungeon holding a staff, mace or scepter then they get the boot. Unless its TA, and the staff is only for clearing blossoms.

Point I’m trying to make, is that Rangers dig themselves their own grave by running terrible builds, then it makes everyone who plays the class suffer. The reason why guardians are often saved from being so strictly banished, is because people are dumb. A bad guardian is a bad guardian. They should be booted just as quick as bad rangers, but the general masses of pugs don’t know how to properly filter out bads from goods, so they just use the “kick all X class”.

Any group worth their salt will keep a ranger who has:
1.) sword
2.) spotter, frost spirit
3.) zerker

So if you run the right build and get kicked. Its their lost. If you run a bad build, then you are to contributing to the negative stigma of your class.

And I know that the axe is a bad weapon, but which other can I use that isn’t 2 handed? other than the sword, because I never run 2 melee/ranged weapons at the same time? and I need the offhand for warhorn, which is a great off hand 4 does pretty good damage and 5 gives a long lasting fury and swiftness.

Posted by: Lucey.1452

Lucey.1452

Wait…are you joining groups that say “heavies only”? If so you kind of deserve it. People are allowed to make whatever party they want with whomever they want, just like you. Make an anybody welcome party and you will fill up much faster than them.

/thread

Edit: I should note in the case that you are joining a group where you meet all the requirements then they are being kittens and you probably have more fun playing with other people and they are actually doing you a favour.

SoS
Professional Bag Farmer and Under Bridge Resider

(edited by Lucey.1452)

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I suggest making your own group and putting the word Casual in the title. Like so..

Casual CoFp1 – bring anything you want

The interesting part is that you might actually get a higher quality of player doing this compared to the pro speed run groups that usually dissolve after the first inevitable screw up.

Though I rarely have problems with groups, even when I don’t do the above. I’m either extremely lucky with groups or the problem isn’t as big as people make it out to be. I wonder which is true.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

We kicked a noobish 1k AP bearbow ranger today, who joined for our ‘experienced zerker only!’ post. His pet took aggro from the golems in SE P1, we were waiting for them to leash into that corner so we could clear them fast. Our entire party almost wiped, we got it done but barely. He apologized lamely after it was done.. on the plus note we got P3 done without any trouble

I have now learned to only trust rangers with a sizeable amount of AP. Because they have at least played the game long enough to realize why groups hate rangers :x

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/So-much-Ranger-Hate-Just-sad/page/4#post3572746

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

I have to create all my parties to set three simple rules: no glitching, no stacking, no skipping. It weeds out a certain kind of players with whom I do not want to have any contact whatsoever. Pretty much the very same players who kick anyone just because of their class and weapon choice.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Martrim.1078

Martrim.1078

+1 Asmodeus

I have the most terrible ranger ever (full zerk, half rares sb/lb and idgaf couse i only use it to farm)

I make my own parties.
Post something like this: lvl 11 FotM – No flamers/ragers/tryhards, just have fun.

It always works for me, so far i never not finished my daily fotm becouse guess wat, i can actualy use my character and realised that there is a “dodge” feature in this game. So do the players that join u, they take their time to learn to play and don’t mind taking a few extra minutes to enjoy the content.

Honestly, u should avoid the “all heavy zerker” parties like the plague, those are 99.99% of the time players that only know “kitten kitten stack zerg, kitten kitten zerg ress”. (they are the reason why Marionette fails so much, they have yet to figure out how to actualy play this game)

Takara Chan ~ (Thief)
Tamoko Chan ~ (Necro)
[PYRO] #MagSwag

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

It’s not that you aren’t heavy. It’s that you are a ranger. The class played by generally bad players overall. Doesn’t matter if you are the best ranger in the world. Faster to just dump you and not take the chance. You can be a mesmer if you want. Or an elementalist. You don’t have to be a Warrior/Guardian.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

It’s not that you aren’t heavy. It’s that you are a ranger. The class played by generally bad players overall. Doesn’t matter if you are the best ranger in the world. Faster to just dump you and not take the chance. You can be a mesmer if you want. Or an elementalist. You don’t have to be a Warrior/Guardian.

I’ve seen generally bad players as warriors too, and it makes me weep for my class. running 5 signets throughout the entire run? My aren’t you a tough one. Who needs any other skills? I’ll run through the spider mobs with my fully decked-out sigs, then whine when I don’t make it. Bad players are spread out through all classes imo but I think ur point is that bad rangers are more liable to cause their party grief, by either getting them wiped or sitting and AA ranging everything when the rest of the group is stacking.

Speaking of which, allow me to share the story of how my ele got kicked from an AC P3 speed run. Full mes/war group (of course).. I weep for brain-dead warriors too. It seems the average pug is getting dumber day by day.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

I have to create all my parties to set three simple rules: no glitching, no stacking, no skipping. It weeds out a certain kind of players with whom I do not want to have any contact whatsoever. Pretty much the very same players who kick anyone just because of their class and weapon choice.

Awesome! You deal with the reality that there are many different players and do things your own way. The same as they do.

If only more people seen things like you, we wouldn’t have to see all these posts complaining about other peoples play styles and the way they enjoy the game.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Of course there are bad players in every class. I don’t deny it. However the amount of bad rangers far surpasses the bad players in other classes to such a degree that people dislike rangers on principle.

It’s sad but true, and it’s not limited to even just THIS game. Almost every game that has a ranger class suffers this issue.

Also don’t get me wrong. I personally don’t care if a ranger is in my dungeon group because I don’t do “Speed runs” and play for fun. So it isn’t me that is kicking you for playing a bad class. I do however understand the sentiment as I also cringe when I see a ranger based on the generalities and experience with ranger players.

Joining a Full mes/war group and getting surprised that you are kicked when you are an ele? That one is on you. Don’t join a group that doesn’t want you. That’s simple.

Edit: Don’t join a group that doesn’t want you and advertises that much.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

(edited by Kumu Honua.2751)

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I was kicked from a Cof 1 run as a Guardian. The party consisted of a Warrior, Necro, and Ranger, so its not like they were going for a speed run (back when this was something you could tell from this party comp). They just told me “no guardians” and that was it. No gear ping (which I still haven’t seen), no weapon checks, just the boot.

That being said, I’ve brought my ranger (built for wvw, longbow/sword + axe), my carrion/settler thief, and whatever else I’ve made through plenty of dungeons. Usually I fish around for groups that seem to have good descriptions, but if I don’t find any, I can always make my own group. If you’re capable as a player, there’s no reason you should be getting too many boots, regardless of what you bring. Then again, don’t try joining groups who you aren’t compatable with. Don’t join full zerker if you aren’t full zerker. There should be plenty of groups who just won’t have any description past the path #.

Furthermore, if and only if, you’re in a compatable group, try starting the dungeon. If the party kicks you, they’ll all be booted out too. I wouldn’t really recommend trying to go out and do this, but its nice to know if you’re group suddenly becomes caustic.

Fishsticks

Posted by: DiamondMeteor.8345

DiamondMeteor.8345

I run Sword/Warhorn + Greatsword, Spotter, Frost Spirit, Full Ascended Zerker with crafted infusions for extra power, Crit Food w/ Skale Venom for weakness spam. I have 85 AR on land, 80 AR underwater.

I also have lv50 Fractals unlocked, Dungeon Master and still help people with difficult paths on any dungeon path in the game, mained Ranger since the second Beta event with currently around 5k hours, Champion Hunter, 270+ WvW rank, multiple ascended armor/ ascended weapon sets to explore build options and diversify + educate myself on the capabilities of the Ranger class.

Just face the fact. No one wants a ranger in their party unless they know the person personally. And the whole concept of pugging in general prevents that from even happening.

When certain professions have obvious acceptability in certain gamemodes and are left as pariahs in others, there’s a blatant problem with the game.

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

Posted by: Trashman.8596

Trashman.8596

Can I play with you? You sound like you actually have fun in dungeons.

Venkas
Ehmry Bay/Haven Community
A Commander sometimes

Posted by: Darkoray.4570

Darkoray.4570

I’m my opinion if running a dungeon and getting kick because are using a an axe or a staff or a wand or whatever then the class is broken. What is the point in adding in those weapons or giving the ability to make those builds if everyone frowns on them and kicks you? Im realistic however and I know how it works. Just seems pointless having the weapon in the first place if know one ever using them.

I remember reading devs posts back before release. One of the things they talked about was creating content that people would only play once and never again or only if they rolled another character. That was the big thing behind there lvl limit thing in lower lvl areas.

Yet pretty much they have created that very problem here.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Never have experienced this problem, nor have I seen a ranger be kicked just because they were playing a ranger. I think you are being overdramatic.

Posted by: DiamondMeteor.8345

DiamondMeteor.8345

Right, because if YOU haven’t seen a Ranger kicked simply for being a Ranger it’s never happened before.

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

I repeatedly get kicked out of groups for not playing a Guardian or Warrior, and sometimes even receive major hate for maining a ranger.

I woud kick you too from dungeon party if you dare play a ranger. Some times I tolerate rangers on eazy dungeons, just rare. And I love when I see in LFG two rangers looking for other members, no one join them ^^ once I did all my 3 paths and they where still there in the list looking… I wanted to enter in party and shout: MAKE A KITTEN WARRIOR but I leave them be… they deserve it ^^

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

I repeatedly get kicked out of groups for not playing a Guardian or Warrior, and sometimes even receive major hate for maining a ranger.

I woud kick you too from dungeon party if you dare play a ranger. Some times I tolerate rangers on eazy dungeons, just rare. And I love when I see in LFG two rangers looking for other members, no one join them ^^ once I did all my 3 paths and they where still there in the list looking… I wanted to enter in party and shout: MAKE A KITTEN WARRIOR but I leave them be… they deserve it ^^

Lol!

Sylv.6514

People don’t seem to understand the main idea of my post. I’ve received the same treatment playing my thief, mesmer and necro. My ranger was just a specific example.

Posted by: Martrim.1078

Martrim.1078

U deserve to play a warrior and not find out about 99% of the other fun content, off to your cof p1 now good sir, you’re loosing precious time here.

Takara Chan ~ (Thief)
Tamoko Chan ~ (Necro)
[PYRO] #MagSwag

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

People don’t seem to understand the main idea of my post. I’ve received the same treatment playing my thief, mesmer and necro. My ranger was just a specific example.

thowse are ok in my book, are you sure is not your play style that get you kicked? and you blame the toon?

I made a zerker warrior just for dungeons, is the only thing I play with him, do dungeon fast, no one die(not true :p), dungeons are done “corectly”, you get the money, everyone is happy, including me.
Is about eficiency, I have nothing against ranger except they not as eficient in dungeon. If you wanna play a lesser toon the the tasks at hand its your problem, not the other 4 ppl problem. Embrace reality

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

(edited by spiritus.7983)

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

It’s just horrible thief/mes/necro/rangers are easier to spot than guards/warrs and it stuck with most of the community’s brains.

Until there’s a way to see gear/traits people will still rely on what they experienced, most of non-heavy players horrible(because they have a higher skill cap to be played effectively) and most heavies can be okay-ish even if they aren’t that good players.

TBH if there’s already 2 warrs and 1 guard in my party, I would ask people to change classes or if they can’t I would change to a ranger myself just to maximize utilities/buffs.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

OP, kittens that kick you aren’t people you should want to run dungeons with anyway. Far better to be kicked before it starts that near the final boss.

I always tell people to find casual guilds and play with them, because you can play what you like. No one listens to me, but I always say it. lol

And yes, making your own casual group, all professions welcome will fill up in no time.

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

Good news everybody! Anet took som drastic steps in order to balance the PvE enviroment and make several classes viable in their next patch preview. Oh wait….they dont actually give a kitten
/sad story.

banished from time and space

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

The majority of fractals players don’t care about group composition. Unless your playeing +40 fractals or there advertising for a ‘speed clear’. Although, I silently groan to myself when rangers and thieves join the group.

Sometimes I will make up with fake excuses to leave the group if it starts to fill up with too many subpar classes. My non-existent girlfriend sure comes in hardy sometimes

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Never have been kicked tbh. However I will kick any ranger at 30+ fotm when they are doing bearbow without spirit or spotter…

Sword + Axe = best damage, pull, reflection, vulnerability.
Offhand Axe + Warhorn = higher short range dps than SB + buffs + combo field user, petbuffer with elite.

GS is pretty bad since it deals less damage than the sword, has less evades and is in general just worse.
SB just for kiting, nogo in dungeons.
LB just for “do not touch” enemies, like fire ele in fotm, or twins endboss f ex.
Dagger is a nogo.
Torch is a pretty ok weapon, espeically with axe offand and mainhand. However horn is better in dungeons and axe offhand is a 100% must have.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

i dont use so much my ranger and have 6 pg at lvl 80 so this isnt a big deal , but 1 things is sure, if you pug and you say you come ranger and they kick you then is a good thing you are begin kicked but if they say ping armor and weap and you get kicked is your fault

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

I bring my full zerk,SwordWarhorn,spotter,spirits ranger to HotW and has yet to be kicked. having 8k ap helps i guess…. but still pet can do some mess here and there… but really, there are kitten partys everywhere.
My most descriminated char is my zerk(ish)powernecro, which i keep at CoF, waht i do? i open the dungeon, and welcome anyone who is 80s only :p

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I dont care how one is playing anyway, unless harder parts like fotm 30-50 or aetherblade ta etc.

but guys plz, bring your axe offhand in dungeons. it has priority over the horn!!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Feels like reading general discussion forum or January 2013 thread.

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

The point is you’re not being kicked for not being a heavy but you’re being kicked for being a ranger.
Unfortunately, a ton of groups systematically kick rangers and necros because so many players of those play bearbow or full condi lolol.
So players kick those professions without even waiting to see what the guy is actually running because they don’t know them.
Unfortunately, a minority of good players are being “punished” because of a majority of non experienced players.
I often face the same problem as you with my necro, though I play daggermancer, full zerk, with wells.
I don’t play my ranger since I feel totally useless with it, being DPS wise or support wise

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Did you join a group that says “Warrior/Guard only”?

I kicked several people earlier without warning because they could not read party description…

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

People advertising for ’heavy’s only’ generally have no idea what they are asking for.

Majority of guardians in this game are completely awful and actually a waste of a party slot, but your typical mindless pug doesn’t understand that sitting on staff procc’ing AH and not hitting virtues is bad. Wars do not require a great deal of effort to be effective, and thanks to the CoF days, many pugs wars have at least some semblance of dps, even if they too are running kitten poor builds.

Rangers- most of them are bearbows and axe campers, another waste of a party slot. The difference bewteen the stigma of rangers and guardians is that rangers are alot more obvious and there’s a plague of them.

Solutions-

Make your own groups. Even if pugs make stupid requests in their description, that’s their right. It’s their party, and they are taking the time to make it. Respect that. If they are vague in their description and then kick you when you join, who cares? At least they kicked you before starting instead of getting kittened off halfway through.

Run the right build, and ping it. Someone above stated they run GS + axe/wh. I would kick that faster than the blink of an eye. But if he showed me that he had sword/wh + zerk and told me he had spotter and frost then it’s not a problem. This applies for all classes, I’m not taking GS mesmers, I’m not taking rifle warriors, I’m not taking staff guardians and I’m not going to take axe/wh rangers. I think many people are the same way. Rangers are extremely notorious for bearbowing and so people may not give you the chance to ping before kicking, best to whisper them beforehand.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I’m my opinion if running a dungeon and getting kick because are using a an axe or a staff or a wand or whatever then the class is broken. What is the point in adding in those weapons or giving the ability to make those builds if everyone frowns on them and kicks you? Im realistic however and I know how it works. Just seems pointless having the weapon in the first place if know one ever using them.

I remember reading devs posts back before release. One of the things they talked about was creating content that people would only play once and never again or only if they rolled another character. That was the big thing behind there lvl limit thing in lower lvl areas.

Yet pretty much they have created that very problem here.

Your response sort of betrays your inexperience man. It tells me that you don’t know the use of each of those weapons.

People are not getting kicked because of a weapon (at least from my parties) but because they don’t know how to use what they have.

You have forks, knives, and spoons. Just because spoons are more useful when eating soup, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t make knives and forks anymore. If you come to my place to eat soup with a knife, you’re going to make a mess, and I’ll probably want you to leave. Who will put up with your inexperience with silverware you might ask? Well, a friend or guild. They will teach you how to use that spoon instead of the fork.

Let’s get back into GW2 terms here. A staff for guardian is not useless but if you’re camping it in a dungeon, interrupting fire fields with that light field, and spamming 1 and 4, then you don’t know what you’re doing. If you really want to use a staff, pop staff 4 before entering combat and swap back to your regular DPS sets, then you’re using that weapon right.

They make these ‘other weapons’ because they have a use. It doesn’t mean you should camp 1 weapon the entire dungeon though. A good player swaps and adapts. They don’t keep the same 3 utilities on the bar the whole run either.

My guess is that folks are getting kicked for this, not for being X class. If you join and you have a signet for movement speed…in a dungeon. That’s a kick. It tells me that you’re wasting an entire slot on something arbitrary. Where is that signet useful though? Open world. You just have to know what to use and where. When to eat with a spoon, and when to use a fork

That’s where the kick are coming from. Experienced speed clear parties boot someone camping staff 1, or running LB because it wouldn’t really help to tell them to do otherwise. The fact that they’re running non-applicable gear tells us that they don’t understand the content. Doesn’t matter if they start running the right sets, they just don’t get the basics. Makes sense?

That said, ask around. Experienced folks are usually willing to teach!

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

(edited by Saint.5647)

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I would kick you too when I saw the axe, and be even more justified if I found you were running soldiers.

If it’s my party, I don’t want people wasting my time. I’d rather kick you at the beginning at the first sign (axe) then waste an hour wiping and kick you then, wasting much more of both of our time.

I know it’s convenient to lay blame on something that you can’t control, because if you put blame on something you could control, then you could only blame yourself.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Just because he runs axe doesnt mean you will wipe. People comes to the conclusion that running full damage helps not to wipe because zerk is about making stuff easyer trought over damaging things.

It does not unless your team is glassy to the point it cant take severe hit for to long or want to kill stuff by stacking. People when you stack you are theoricaly ’’facetanking’’ the targets weither you want to admit it or not and are somewhat exposed to blows you wouldnt take if you were actualy moving around. Players are supose to keep moving around to avoid hit while landing as many blow as possible but stacking actualy defy this very principe and makes for a dumber game because of it. Well i think at this point they should make all mob attack cleave in melee range.

While i dont realy like people using soldier using axe would pass in my team long as your motive for using it are justified (aka a build wich actualy use the weapon for some decent purpose)

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

(edited by kyubi.3620)

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

There could be a long answer to the OP but instead I’ll just say
- Heavy classes give more for less. Class balance does not exist in dungeons.
- Common knowledge tactics rely on heavies. Kickers won’t change tactics.
- Experienced PUG players eventually use heavies to make it easier for themselves.
- Perceptions make it seem worse than it is.
- Forum readers pick up on elite tactics and expect them in PUGs (yeah right!).

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I kick people who don’t read my party description. More often than not, they are signet warriors, clerics guard and bearbow. I hate them equally, if that makes you feel better.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

You do know signet warrior perfectly fit the description of the ‘’zerker only’‘’—-’‘heavy only’’ team? Its creepy

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I have been to the dredge fractal at level 38 with 3 ele, 1 mes and 1 guard. All are zerkers and hit like a truck. My LFG does require zerker only, but never asks specifically for any heavy.

That said, in my good time, I join any casual groups to have some no-stress run.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids