Episode 4 Secret Room [Spoilers]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

So after all these years, Anet gave us closure on that mysterious and freaky secret room in Caudecus’s manor with this latest LS chapter. That the comment posted by Josh Foreman on the room’s discovery and its intended purpose turned out to be true, 4 years later. Makes me wonder if Anet planned the whole story arc from the start, or if it was just an elegant way to bring back that room and use it. Nevertheless, it’s really cool for us old timers to see something old and discarded as a map break turn out to be future content

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You’ve got massive spoilers in the title and post, put a tag up.

Anywho, it seems pretty obvious they knew the end to this story before launch. I mean we all sort of knew he was WM, it’s just to what extent. I don’t know if they reused this asset or if it was planned, neither would surprise me.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This was a really nice surprise.

My guess is that they’ve had a general idea of how this plot would play out since they were building the original game. Like the sylvari and Mordremoth.

They probably didn’t know all the details or the timing, I’d be very surprised if before launch they planned 4+ years of storylines but I’d also be surprised if they hadn’t known that sooner or later we’d confront Caudecus again and get to investigate further into his house than the dungeon allowed us to go.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

This could have been Caudecus Manor P4 honestly…

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

As soon as I loaded into that room, I laughed out loud. It was such a nice touch. I also really enjoyed all of the references to the CM paths throughout that instance.