Equip drops only have lvl appropriate runes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Like some other players, I occasionally get annoyed with all of the minor and major runes that fill up my inventory when salvaging gear on my lvl 80 characters. I’ve seen a lot of people ask for minor runes (and some people ask for major runes as well) to be marked as junk so that at least we can quickly sell them. I support this idea, but I also think we should go a step further.

Equipment drops, and equipment gained as event rewards, should only have level appropriate runes and sigils in them. No more level 75-80 gear that comes with minor or major runes/sigils. If they have a sigil/rune, it should be superior. I don’t want every equip to come with superior runes/sigils. I just want the ones that currently have minor/major versions to just have no upgrades in them period.

This doesn’t solve the issue of getting rid of minor/major runes in your inventory once they get there, but it would make it so that you don’t get any as a level 80 character. So the inventory issues would become mostly non-existent for high leveled characters.

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

If loot is masterwork(green) it has a minor rune. Rare(yellow) has a major rune. Maybe if shops had an option Sell Minor/Major runes.

OriOri.8724

I know how it works now. I would like it changed so that at level 80 there are no more minor/major runes/sigils in equipment that drops. So if you get masterwork it just has nothing. If you get rare it has nothing.

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Or maybe just make the Standard Salvage kits have 0% chance of salvaging runes? At the least I would like that for my copper-fed one.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Please make all runes/sigils salvageable.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I know how it works now. I would like it changed so that at level 80 there are no more minor/major runes/sigils in equipment that drops. So if you get masterwork it just has nothing. If you get rare it has nothing.

That seems like the most convoluted solution to the issue of minor runes having no value (majors used to be worth 3-5s mostly, before AB/ML; maybe they will start to recover).

First, it completely ignores the point that many people want area-appropriate gear, so they have a chance of getting mid-tier mats without node farming. Prices would rise significantly, if not substantially, on mid-tier mats.

Second, it’s a major mechanic change, without providing any other benefit other than people not wanting to see minor runes.

The root issue is that minor runes are vendor trash. At 19c each, they aren’t worth the inconvenience to a lot of people (the time spent translates to an ok amount of gold/hour). The downstream problem of vendor trash is it’s hard to get rid of and takes up space.

ANet has a lot of options, among them:

• Make it easier to bulk-sell runes.
  • Add effective sinks for runes, making them worth the time to list on the TP.
  • Add tools to reduce the drop rate of runes when salvaging/bulk-salvaging.
  • Add tools that make it easier to store runes in inventory.
  • Introduce (alongside Legendary Armor) a type of wardrobe/bank for upgrades, so that they no longer need to be present at all in any item.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

This is the option I like the most.

Anyway, I like forging them so I would not like to see that use of them to disappear.

let the sky fall

OriOri.8724

@Illconceived – I disagree that this is convoluted solution. And it wouldn’t change area appropriate gear or how many mats you get.

Practically, all this would do is make it so that any masterwork gear that you get that is level 40+ would have no runes in it. The equips would otherwise be the same, same drop rate and everything. So when you salvage them you would get the same amount of level appropriate mats. You just wouldn’t have to deal with runes. It could even be extended to where any rare gear that you get that is level 60 and up would have no runes in it.

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

Please make all runes/sigils salvageable into every leather except tier 5

FTFY

(edited by TorsoReaper.8530)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

The whole Upgrade system needs based on the fact that it needs a proper rebalancing also a redesign in how all of its parts – be it Sigils, Gemstones, Runes of various types ect. are handled.

The whole problem could get solved by 1 big neccessary game balance change.

Remove the idiotic Stats on Gear and let Charactrs gain Stats automatically like in GW1 again from leveling up the character, allowing us to put manually our Attribute Points into the Stats as we like, together with the feature to be able to reset them whenever we want, or with a small Gold/Karma Fee like in GW1 out of combat.

Then can Anet redesign based on this all Upgrade Items properly based on this new system and reduce the amount of Upgrades to the least minimum needed types together with changing their functions where needed.

Add to this change then also the feature, that from then on all Upgrades should be destroyable into Materials that should be useable to craft out of them new Upgrades, and people get then finally also a use out of Upgrades they don’t need, by salvaging them into useful materials

From that point on we have then only:

Sigils = Weapon Upgrades with Combat Skill related active Effects
Materias = Weapon Upgrades with Combat related passive Effects

Runes = Armor Upgrades with Combat related active or passive Effects with Bonus Effect for using a complete Set

Gemstones = Armor Upgrades with Combat Skill related Extensions/Improvements

Crests = Accessoire Upgrades with Combat related passive Extensions/Improvements
Infusions = Accessoire Upgrades with AR Effect and Combat Skill related Reskin Unlocks

No more useless medaillons, talismans, signets ect. just only these Upgrade types which range then all in 4 types – Minor, Major and Superior & Ascended.
Each level in its range has 5% Efficienty of the Effect that the Upgrade has

Minor = Level 1-20
Major = Lvl 21-40
Superior = Lvl 41-60
Ascended = Level 61-80

Means for example, a Lvl 80 Ascended Upgrade will have its Effectiveness/Durations increased by 100%

So lets say I want to use an Ascended Crest of Sonic Winds that has a required Level of 80 to be used and I put that into my Lvl 80 requiring left Ascended Earing for example, which gives the Effect, that Swiftness receives the chance at Req 60 of 5% to turn into Super Speed, then will give me a Req 80 version of that Creast instead a 10% chance for this passive extensional effect for Swiftness

Add together with this change then finally Jeweler 500 and let it be the Crafting Job, whos able to create out of Superior Upgrades then as only Crafting Job out of these together with specific materials then Ascended Upgrades, so that Jeweler beacomes again a meaningful Crafting Job.

As no Stats coming from any gear anymore, all Runes and their Set Effects have to be rebalanced and rework, with the goal, that Balancing Classes after that change will be then easier, because the Runes itself will be then also simpler and not so overloaded anymore with varios effects and attribute increases that need to be considered, making it easier to use complete sets and having then also space for eventually some other runes to get mixed in, or some gemstones as a Rune Set would consists after that big change then out of 4 instead of 6 runes due to the removal of Stat Points from their effects.

Plus the game would become finalyl again a game, where player skilsl count 100% and bnut, what kind of gear & upgrades you use ….due to their stat boosts

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

The whole Upgrade system needs based on the fact that it needs a proper rebalancing also a redesign in how all of its parts – be it Sigils, Gemstones, Runes of various types ect. are handled.

The whole problem could get solved by 1 big neccessary game balance change.

Remove the idiotic Stats on Gear and let Charactrs gain Stats automatically like in GW1 again from leveling up the character, allowing us to put manually our Attribute Points into the Stats as we like, together with the feature to be able to reset them whenever we want, or with a small Gold/Karma Fee like in GW1 out of combat.

<snip>

1. A post that large should be in its own thread so that the many ideas you presented can be discussed without derailing the current one.
  2. If players can change their stats without changing armour, then how would you stop the economy from tanking? (Perhaps respond to this question in your new thread)
G R E E N E R

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

As much as I like Orpheal’s idea, it’s a bit off topic so I won’t comment it.

Beyond the issue of sigils and runes is the issue of gear drop and its utility for players who can afford to craft and/or buy in TP when they need new gear, or restat their full ascended set. So : ascended drops are useful for new toons or alternative sets. Exotics too, for some extent, or salvage a superior rune/sigil, or ectos/black matter. Rares are somehow useful for ectos. Greens and blues are no use except for raw materials, so their sigils and runes get even more useless, and are no worth in the TP.

Some solutions :

• Standard or copper fed salvage kit should not get rune/sigil. Ever. Period.
  • Add a “mark as junk” option for easier inventory management (has been asked for a long time
  • Auto-upgrade runes. Like : if you double click a stack of 100 minor, you gain a major etc. That could be an interesting sink ?

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

• Auto-upgrade runes. Like : if you double click a stack of 100 minor, you gain a major etc. That could be an interesting sink ?

No, because the vast majority of Runes/Sigils are 100% useless and never used by anyone for any reason at all.

I don’t think it is possible to be redundant enough in expressing how utterly and completely worthless they are.

If we can salvage them into base parts (including possible rare materials used in their creation), then ALL of them instantly gain value since they can be broken down and turned into something useful.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

oh sure, can do, when there is the interest for discussion of that in an own thread, even if I think the idea contributes to this topic as well, even if I take out a bit longer, but I just think – if you begin to change the way how upgrades should drop, then you can do the whole thing also directly properly and overwork the whole thing in one go to get rid of many problems with that as well – basically speaking, hitting two birds with one stone.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

oh sure, can do, when there is the interest for discussion of that in an own thread, even if I think the idea contributes to this topic as well, even if I take out a bit longer, but I just think – if you begin to change the way how upgrades should drop, then you can do the whole thing also directly properly and overwork the whole thing in one go to get rid of many problems with that as well – basically speaking, hitting two birds with one stone.

Yeah, the two birds with one stone idea was why I made sure to quote your preamble.

G R E E N E R

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

I’d like see a new way to delete items in your inventory that doesnt come with a ‘are you sure?’ box to save time + the marked as junk idea.
This way the world doesnt run out of minor sigils & runes and we don’t have to take an hour to delete all of them while salvaging our stuff.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

(edited by Kumouta.4985)