Essence of Luck Eater

Essence of Luck Eater

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

You can cap out on luck, at which point Essences of Luck become not only useless but annoying as you have to constantly throw them out. Give us an eater for these to help keep the luck we get from everything from becoming a burden.

Essence of Luck Eater

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

You could always sell/upgrade them from blue/green to yellow and not get luck aswell.

Edit
I mean if its really that much of a burden.

You dont see other eaters spit out the currency they eat so what would be the reward for the luck eater when blue/green items cant be in the list?

Edit2
Wonder when someone will ask for a sigil and rune eater.

(edited by Linken.6345)

Essence of Luck Eater

Posted by: Grover.8753

Grover.8753

How about it spits out salvagables that can be salvaged into t2-t6 mats with a rare chance it spits out mystic coins, spirit shards, Transmutation charges, karma consumables, unbound magic, add a small MF bonus, bloodstone dust, dragonite, empyreal fragments, charged quartz crystals. I’m sure there’s plenty of other things it could spit add that dont reward luck.

The only problem is you would still accumulate more than can be consumed..

(edited by Grover.8753)

Essence of Luck Eater

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

This isn’t a bad idea necessarily, but I think a better method of spending excess luck would be with a new NPC that uses [Essence of Luck (exotic)] as currency. Perhaps you could buy things like Grover mentioned, but I think it would be best to stick to items that are strictly account bound like Spirit Shards or transmutes or common ascended mats like bloodstone. Luck is incredibly common, so you would want to make sure that there wasn’t really a method of profiting much off using it as currency rather than consuming it, else you might run the risk of negatively impacting the economy in some unforeseen way.

But regardless of its implementation, I think the idea of an alternate use for excess luck is a great one.

Essence of Luck Eater

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Luck should never have been a tangible. Just award it instantly. They should change it to work like that, the same way they did with the WvW world experience containers. (And change some recipes that require luck essences, of course.) Maybe award a spirit shard for every 30k luck, to remove any grounds for further complaints.

Essence of Luck Eater

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Edit2

It’s already been asked for. It’s just called salvage kit..

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Essence of Luck Eater

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Edit2

Oh when did they upgrade the salvage kits to destroy runes and sigils for materials?

Essence of Luck Eater

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Edit2

Oh when did they upgrade the salvage kits to destroy runes and sigils for materials?

I mean’t it was asked for, not that it was a thing. Sorry if I wasn’t clear on that..

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Essence of Luck Eater

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

Luck should never have been a tangible. Just award it instantly. They should change it to work like that, the same way they did with the WvW world experience containers. (And change some recipes that require luck essences, of course.) Maybe award a spirit shard for every 30k luck, to remove any grounds for further complaints.

I hate this idea because I truly despise the luck system they made, I want to avoid it completely. I don’t want that luck. Been destroying it all.

…that one 50 luck I used was an accident.

I’d give the luck to a luck eater. Or sell it if it could be traded.

let the sky fall