Essence of Luck after cap has been reached

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: moonglum.1429

moonglum.1429

Like many in the community, I have reached the cap for essence of luck usage. Many others are closing in on the cap as well. Are there plans maybe to raise the cap? Are there plans to make some sort of “Luck Eater” like other materials have? Is it possible to make a recipe to upgrade the luck past exotic for the one day that actually may come when there is a use for it. Storage is at a premium. Maybe make a “Luck Gobbler” much like the candy corn gobbler that gives random transformations or game buffs. Or simply if an account has reached the max, make it so they no longer get luck.

Posted by: SmirkDog.3160

SmirkDog.3160

Just dump it. I’m up to my ears in stuff like Bloodstone Dust, but it’s not worth it to keep it so I just throw it away.

And doesn’t Artificer use essences of luck?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

And doesn’t Artificer use essences of luck?

Yeah but as far as I’m aware, it just makes smaller lumps of luck into larger lumps of luck of the same value.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: SmirkDog.3160

SmirkDog.3160

Well buddy if you’ve got pockets full of full stacks of exotic essences of luck, then keep some and throw out the rest. Maybe make an alt and put them in their inventory? Y’know, a mule.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The problem with creating additional sinks for essences of luck is that this mechanic was intended to offer people a limited and optional account-wide balance. Adding a post-cap sink changes it from being optional to feeling required: you can’t use the eater without grinding to max. Adding a non-cap sink means that people have to choose, which some feel would be unfair to newer players.

My favorite sink idea is using luck exclusively for guild hall improvements & decorations. That gives veterans a chance to spend them and, in effect, contribute without sacrificing. At the same time, it doesn’t leave novices out in the cold.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”