Essence of gold cap?

Essence of gold cap?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zator.9406

Zator.9406

Hi,
I came back playing GW2 after long break and what i first saw was login rewards, with the last chest containing permanent bonus to account find gold.
My question is, is there a cap or any control of bonus gold find. I know that people who play regullary should be rewarded but not with things which
gives permanent bonuses making then more advanced that sunday players.

Essence of gold cap?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Gold cap is unknown. They haven’t said.

However, why shouldn’t players who log on daily get rewarded more than the “once a week” players? If you were running a business, who would you reward? The people who shop at your store frequently or someone who shops there once in a great while.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Essence of gold cap?

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

If you’re anoyed by that measily 2% gold drop rate, man are you going to hate the thousands of achievement points you’ve missed essentially putting you behind on the AP rewards compared to seasoned players (and the bonuses from that).

I wouldn’t worry about the gold loot bonus. It’s in no way significant since the main source of gold gain is via items and TP.

Essence of gold cap?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t know if it’s capped, but if it is I imagine the cap will be quite high because it builds up quite slowly (at least from login rewards, I think achievement chests give it too) and like Magic Find it takes a long time to see a noticable difference.

Bear in mind this only affects gold obtained directly from enemies, and not when it’s a fixed amount like the reward for killing a dungeon boss. It doesn’t affect gold obtained from hearts, selling items etc. so it’s not actually as much of a change to your account as you might expect at first.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Essence of gold cap?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

If bosses in dungeons still droped 15s each you would have a case but cosidering mobs drop less then 1 silver max the gold % dont do much at all
Edit
And its not like you get it from every mob either.

(edited by Linken.6345)

Essence of gold cap?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Hi,
I came back playing GW2 after long break and what i first saw was login rewards, with the last chest containing permanent bonus to account find gold.
My question is, is there a cap or any control of bonus gold find. I know that people who play regullary should be rewarded but not with things which

All you have to do is log in, get the chest, log out. You don’t have to play the actual game to get the chest.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Essence of gold cap?

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

At a rate of 2% per 28 days, it would take almost 4 years to reach a cap of 100%. I suspect if a cap exists, it’s going to take a long time to reach it.

Essence of gold cap?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

If you’re anoyed by that measily 2% gold drop rate, man are you going to hate the thousands of achievement points you’ve missed essentially putting you behind on the AP rewards compared to seasoned players (and the bonuses from that).

I wouldn’t worry about the gold loot bonus. It’s in no way significant since the main source of gold gain is via items and TP.

The trading post doesnt generate gold, it only destroys gold via fees and taxes.
The gold faucets are events, kills, containers and npc vendors.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Essence of gold cap?

Just a flesh wound.3589

How much coin do monsters drop anyway, and how often? I know it’s a very small amount and I don’t think it’s every time a mob is killed. The times I’ve have noticed it, it’s been only a few copper per drop. Even doubling it with this buff, which will take years, would only give, what? 40 copper or so in a drop? and not every drop at that.

It’s pretty much a useless buff at this time imo. Increased karma and magic find are better.

ANet may give it to you.

Essence of gold cap?

Wanze.8410

How much coin do monsters drop anyway, and how often? I know it’s a very small amount and I don’t think it’s every time a mob is killed. The times I’ve have noticed it, it’s been only a few copper per drop. Even doubling it with this buff, which will take years, would only give, what? 40 copper or so in a drop? and not every drop at that.

It’s pretty much a useless buff at this time imo. Increased karma and magic find are better.

I usually get around 1s as drop at lvl 80, it adds up, if you have a couple of hundred kills per hour. I have gilded infusion on my amulet.

Essence of gold cap?

Just a flesh wound.3589

I usually get around 1s as drop at lvl 80, it adds up, if you have a couple of hundred kills per hour. I have gilded infusion on my amulet.

Interesting. The times I’ve seen it, it hasn’t been a silver but copper. Haven’t paid close attention to how much but it wasn’t much. I chose karma for my amulet as that’s what I need more of. If it’s a silver it might be worth investing in a gilded amulet after I get the karma I want.

ANet may give it to you.

Essence of gold cap?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Hi,

All you have to do is log in, get the chest, log out. You don’t have to play the actual game to get the chest.

That still requires you to either be at home for at least part of each day or bring a laptop capable of playing GW2 with you and have a semi-decent internet connection for part of each day. Neither of which is possible for everyone.

The trading post doesnt generate gold, it only destroys gold via fees and taxes.
The gold faucets are events, kills, containers and npc vendors.

The trading post doesn’t add new gold to the economy as a whole. But individual players will typically get much more gold from selling items they got from drops on the TP than the do directly as drops.

And since the OP seems to be talking about an individual players ability to earn gold rather than the rate at which it enters the economy as a whole that’s the relevant factor here.

If two players do the same event and get identical drops (this would never happen, but bear with me) and Player A sells all the items on the TP while Player B sells them to an NPC merchant A will end up with more gold overall. (Even though B will have generated more new gold.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Essence of gold cap?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Last time I did the calculations it was only something like 10coppers per achievement. That is 1 silver per day …

Essence of gold cap?

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Interesting. The times I’ve seen it, it hasn’t been a silver but copper. Haven’t paid close attention to how much but it wasn’t much. I chose karma for my amulet as that’s what I need more of. If it’s a silver it might be worth investing in a gilded amulet after I get the karma I want.

Actually, it varies from a few Copper to over 1 Silver per kill, though it seems in SW when I do get money from a kill it’s right around 66 Copper….the over 1 Silver is pretty rare and I’ve only seen it 2 or 3 times. However, and here’s where it probably works better is event rewards, since the % increase applies to those as well. So keep in mind it’s not just for mob kills, but gold from successful event completion also.

Essence of gold cap?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

However, and here’s where it probably works better is event rewards, since the % increase applies to those as well. So keep in mind it’s not just for mob kills, but gold from successful event completion also.

Is it? because it’s not supposed to.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Essence of gold cap?

Wanze.8410

However, and here’s where it probably works better is event rewards, since the % increase applies to those as well. So keep in mind it’s not just for mob kills, but gold from successful event completion also.

Is it? because it’s not supposed to.

Yeah, it only applies towards gold from killed enemies.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account_bonus