Essences of Luck past 300% Magic Find?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shagohod.5140

Shagohod.5140

Hello, I recently reached magic find cap and I noticed that I’m still getting Essences of Luck, I also noticed that I can now just use the Essences of Luck as though they “count towards something” even though they don’t (for those that don’t know what I’m talking about: for example, if I use an exotic Essence of Luck it’ll say 200/200, if I use another one it’ll say 400/400).

Now I’m wondering what I should do with the Essences of Luck. Should I destroy them, keep them, or just “use” them. I only ask because I don’t want to destroy them or “use” them only to find out later that there is going to be another use for these Essences of Luck!

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Either hoard them to use with specific crafting dailies/monthlies and a potential future use, or just trash them.

Shagohod.5140

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking, but I just want an official dev answer if possible. Thanks for the response though!

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Sadly you wont get one.

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

It’d be neat if you could trigger the bonfire mf buff if you cycle through enough of them to trigger a level up past max mf, kind of like how you still get skill points when you level up past 80.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking, but I just want an official dev answer if possible.

Yeah… I’d put money on that not happening. But good luck.

I’d upgrade them as high as Artificer allows and save them, personally. Gratz on hitting 300 cap though.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

On the bright side you’re bound to never be out of luck =P Well except for actually getting a dev to respond. Try reposting your question in the form of PVP.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

smash them up and sprinkle them on cupcakes, that’s what i do with mine anymore
/ shrug

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Wait until the not needed lucks can be turned into Magic Find Booster or something?

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

I just use them. If they ever increase the max cap I’m guessing that my luck will just transform into levels. So if I consume luck beyond my 300% and end up having 90000 luck it would turn into 303% and 0 Luck.

Shagohod.5140

Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate the support!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

They’re really good for monthly masterwork crafter.

Shagohod.5140

I just use them. If they ever increase the max cap I’m guessing that my luck will just transform into levels. So if I consume luck beyond my 300% and end up having 90000 luck it would turn into 303% and 0 Luck.

I was actually wondering if there would be other uses for Luck since I think if they raised the level cap on Magic Find the disparity between those that are able to obtain/are not able to obtain the cap will be widened even further. Maybe giving Exp Gain/Karma Gain/+Gold Find the same treatment would be interesting?

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

I’ve been trying to get MF upto 300 since it started, and wholly cow! if you have already got 300, then move on to something else I mean come on that’s a lot of salvaging or whatever, you beat that part of the game, move on to something else.

Sincerly, Me.

Shagohod.5140

Haha, I can’t argue with you there. My only concern is if I leave this part of the game alone and then have to return to it later, i.e., they add another use for luck. I don’t want to make the mistake of either using luck and being unable to use it or just plain getting rid of it.

I think I’m going to just use them from now on though, I’m sure that ANet will reimburse me if they add another use for Luck.

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

I agree with the other guy, how the heck did you get to 300? I salvage everything I find, everything, and it takes me about 2 hours to level MF with it in the 70s. I know that’s super low, because I was on hiatus for about a year in which the MF update occurred.

Did you spend loads and loads of gold on gear to salvage? My calculations showed it would cost upwards of 3000g to buy enough gear to get up to 300 MF, which is certainly out of my grasp.

So, any advice to get up there, or was it just a big investment? Also, sorry for semi-hijacking your thread.

[Edit] P.S. those two hours are usually 2 hours of dungeons (fractals + AC), which gives plenty of loot to salvage

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

They wont reimburse you so don’t hold your breath on that my friend, also what is your base MF at, I got mine to 300% but if you put your mouse over it, it will tell you that xx% from MF and xx% from AP’s chests,

Im at 294% base and 9% from AP chests so im at 303% total for now.

@Proviticus, the fastest way to get to 300% is to salvage ecto, but its very very expensive, I salvaged 21,000 ecto from 223-300% as it averaged at 300 per level, it took me about 5 months to do it…

(edited by Ok I Did It.2854)

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

Haha, I can’t argue with you there. My only concern is if I leave this part of the game alone and then have to return to it later, i.e., they add another use for luck. I don’t want to make the mistake of either using luck and being unable to use it or just plain getting rid of it.

I think I’m going to just use them from now on though, I’m sure that ANet will reimburse me if they add another use for Luck.

LOL you will NOT be reimbursed, whish ful thinking there.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Shagohod.5140

@Proviticus There are a lot of ways to get Luck, I used a few in my climb but one method that I can share is salvaging ecto with mystic salvage kits (using those mystic forge stones from achievement chests) and upgrading t5-t6 with the dust u get, i almost always broke even/made a profit.

@Ok I Did It Ugh… now I’m torn. Anyways I have 305% total, 300% base + 5% from Achievement Points. I also use the Magic Infusion so I have 325% total atm.

EDIT: @MasterYoda Thanks for the optimism bro

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Nice on my necro I use for farming in Eotm

Im at

303 base
100 from birthday booster
50 from MF booster
15 from MF banner
30 from Onmon
10 from Guild boost

For a nice 508% MF lol

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

alright, thanks for the advice…. have a long way to go :P

Shagohod.5140

Nice man! I was surprised, it actually does make a difference, the Magic Find I mean

Yeah, on my engineer that I use for WvW farming I use the same thing, only I actually use

40 from Chocolate Omnomberry Creams (40% MF while under the effects of a boon/20% boon duration), it works really well with the passive might gain on juggernaut
100 from Birthday Booster
50 from MF Booster
30 from Laurete Booster
15 from Banner
10 from Guild Boost
20 from Magic Infusion
For a total of 570% MF

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

They should have the ability to make the 500 Essence of Luck for those who has maxxed their MF so they will be easier to hoard.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Nice on my necro I use for farming in Eotm

Im at

303 base
100 from birthday booster
50 from MF booster
15 from MF banner
30 from Onmon
10 from Guild boost

For a nice 508% MF lol

Sitting at about 140. Is there any noticeable improvement?

Shagohod.5140

@CureForLiving there is definitely a noticeable improvement, it isn’t like I have rares/exos dropping at my feet but they are dropping a lot more frequently than before, I’d say I get a rare 1/50 drops (as in, every time I can loot something) with only my 375%, no boosters, just magic infusion, guild boost/food . I haven’t played wvw with my stacked engineer enough to tell how much of a difference it is at 570% but I’d assume it’s a big difference. It makes the game more enjoyable, for me at least.

(edited by Shagohod.5140)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Only at about 120MF here (haha, “only”, such a newb), but I’ve noticed it does seem to help in a few parts. I dunno about anyone else, but I’ve been getting more T6 from salvaging (fine kits). Can any of the high MF people confirm?

Also, 500+ MF. …You’ve won GW2. Done. Grats.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Shadow Dragon.9874

Shadow Dragon.9874

Save them, might become tradeable at some point

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

For a nice 508% MF lol

Tell us how worthless it is

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Don’t know if they would reimburse you or not. Its not like ArenaNet hasn’t made decisions that have angered a player base before. However I must say that eventually, as more and more people reach the cap as you have, they would be forced to either raise the cap or give Essences other uses.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

I’m also about to max my MF, and i’d glad to see some use of luck after that…

Shagohod.5140

Yeah, maybe if there was a recipe in Ascended Jewelcrafting that required an exotic Essence of Luck? Maybe crafting some versatile Magic Infusions or something? I don’t know, just some possibilities.

EDIT: Maybe the Magic Infusions could work the same way that Agony Infusions work, you combine Essences of Luck for the first infusion and then passed that it would require Essence of Luck+Magic Infusion.

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Yeah, maybe if there was a recipe in Ascended Jewelcrafting that required an exotic Essence of Luck? Maybe crafting some versatile Magic Infusions or something? I don’t know, just some possibilities.

EDIT: Maybe the Magic Infusions could work the same way that Agony Infusions work, you combine Essences of Luck for the first infusion and then passed that it would require Essence of Luck+Magic Infusion.

+1
That’s a great idea!