Estimated spawn time on the new event?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

So made the first one and have now waited over and hour for the next and have a whole map doing the same. Could someone from A-Net please give us a time frame how often it spawns?

Posted by: bobbimous.2476

bobbimous.2476

It hasnt spawned in over 1.5 hours on EU or NA. It’s bugged and I wish Anet would at least say something about it.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Are you waiting around on the same map, or are you clicking on the lodestones to see which map it says to go to? If it’s the latter, then yeah, something might be bugged. If you’re just sitting in the same map from the first run, then it might not be a bug.

Posted by: Raxzor.5946

Raxzor.5946

Come Anet give us a response, people are going nuts on the maps I am going to, everyone just standing around!!

Posted by: lewnatic.3279

lewnatic.3279

After waiting this long I’m too invested not to wait it out, but at this point I actually hope this is a bug, I’ll never complete all these events otherwise.

The current Dulfy page for this event did make me smile, though.

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Are you waiting around on the same map, or are you clicking on the lodestones to see which map it says to go to?

I was waiting an hour, then i left the map, because as fun as the event was, i am not gonna stand in a map for hours for one event. Then i rather wait until someone give me a time frame on spawn timers.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

sigh, 15 minutes of fun and excitement in the game again and then, SPLAT! Anet face plants into gravel and sand.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

RoseofGilead.8907

Sitting in a map with someone who is apparently an Anet employee. They said the event is meant to happen at 20 minutes past every odd hour (Pacific time). So, I guess check in in about 10 minutes.

Edit: Said person also mentioned that there IS a bug that can make the event “break” if there are “too many people”.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I got in on what must have been the first of these. Crashed before the end, sadly, so I have no idea if it was beaten or not.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

RoseofGilead.8907

Yup, spawned at 20 after. Events are just every 2 hours.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Had a lovely DC during the event. server lost it.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The first one was a tad crowded, esp when everyone decided to be commander for a day… I’m going to wait a day or 2 before I go again and hopefully it will die down a little to at least be able to appreciate the event.
It came close to failing, but eventually everyone got on track and it went w/o a hitch. Nice to have another source of mystic coins as well.

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Had a lovely DC during the event. server lost it.

You and about half the zone crashed out, seems like this one is “bring-a-friend” to get you back on the map til they fix it.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

We just had a very successful Timberline Falls one on NA — that did spawn 2 hours after the first one — after learning from Gendarren that the Anomaly is a very fast jogger. Large numbers of people wp’d ahead of him to the next coalescence site (visible on map as an orange circle with a lot of x’s in it) to kill the coalescences before he got there, while others stayed on his tail to take advantage of his vulnerable times. The 25 point achieve was got!

The next one up should be Iron Marches per Map so I suggest you make sure you have all the wp’s there before the event so you can hop to the coalescences at need.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Tried doing this event for over an hour. Ended up just logging out. 3 years and Anet still designs crap events.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

its like 2hr respawn rate on this event O.o

RoseofGilead.8907

Tried doing this event for over an hour. Ended up just logging out. 3 years and Anet still designs crap events.

As was said above, it’s every 2 hours. Last event was an hour and 16 minutes ago (at 1:20pm central time). Next one is in less than an hour.

Posted by: Thor Malen.8291

Thor Malen.8291

What new event? Is there a link to the information?

Thank you in advance

Posted by: Bandini.6185

Bandini.6185

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

What new event? Is there a link to the information?

Thank you in advance

Same with the previous 4 events, there is a footnote in the patch notes about leyline activity. In theory, you should have received a mail about it and directing you where to go.

Personally I think 2 hours is too long a timer. 1 hour would suffice. I’d also spread them to multiple maps at the same time to avoid the crowding issues.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

As was said above, it’s every 2 hours. Last event was an hour and 16 minutes ago (at 1:20pm central time). Next one is in less than an hour.

That’s too long. Most people only log in for 1-2 hours a day. Standing around hoping the event spawns is lame. Once an hour would be much more reasonable. Every 30 minutes would be even better.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There’s no longer a need to stand around and hope. We have an exact schedule. People can figure out when the next one will be without even logging into game. As there will be one every two hours around the clock for presumably at least a week, if not two or more weeks, hopefully it will occasionally happen during available play time even for those that have limited time.