Eternity Sucks! :(

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elitarny Mistrz.6051

Elitarny Mistrz.6051

1. Lots of People create Eternity for sale. They get 4000g+ and 2 legendary skins. In my opinion Eternity must be Account Bound instantly after creating.
2. Anet please uptade Eternity Skin for something special, Not Day/Night Skin. Something like this

Attachments:

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I would take that as replacement for the Twilight Skin at least.
Else i like the sunrise skin, especially because of the fire aura ^^

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

1. Lots of People create Eternity for sale. They get 4000g+ and 2 legendary skins. In my opinion Eternity must be Account Bound instantly after creating.
2. Anet please uptade Eternity Skin for something special, Not Day/Night Skin. Something like this

err.. how is it that if people “create eternity for sale” they get extra 2 legendary skin ? it has to be equipped for that person to get the skins, which mean it cannot be sold….
hmmm ?

creating a legendary does not automatically unlock the skin for you. it has to be equipped 1st.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Azizul, prety sure that’s not the case, you get many skins when using them in the mystic toilet… (I don’t recall if it gives you them at that point)

Also you could simply acct bind both sunrise and twilight = unlocked skins, forge eternity and sell…

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

In this case also fix Infinite light
http://38.media.tumblr.com/746ca4a3e169d4ca3b6dee7915638eb1/tumblr_nll5r2WpHd1u412lpo1_500.gif

No! the skin is great but for an Exotic that cost over 1000 gold guys you could add at least for example a light rune tail effect

I think all craftable Expenisve Exotics should be reworked into something more appealing …

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Azizul, prety sure that’s not the case, you get many skins when using them in the mystic toilet… (I don’t recall if it gives you them at that point)

Also you could simply acct bind both sunrise and twilight = unlocked skins, forge eternity and sell…

ah .. ok..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Of course you don’t get the Eternity Skin when you sell it .. its just a cheap way to
get Twilight and Sunrise if you want those two.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Absolutely not on the account bound on creation.

However, that is an amazing skin idea, I want it

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Taiyoroku.1028

Taiyoroku.1028

so people cant sell their creations anymore? wooo what a cool idea…

Posted by: Lusteregris.2697

Lusteregris.2697

Agree, you craft one expensive legendary, then other one, merge them together and all you get visually is glowing hilt and some orange orbs.
Or you dont merge them and have 2 legendary greatswords instead of one with basically same visual.
Or you merge them, get both skins, and get 4k gold.. its like 1,5 more legendaries. I will take 1,5 leg over glowing hilt and orbs.

Also, that eternity skin you showed looks awesome! Me wants…

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Agree, people need to stop merging Twilight and Sunrise together, getting a free legendary to sell while also unlocking both skins the weapon uses.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I actually just did this, I made twilight for two years ago, and just finished my sunrise to craft Eternity. This process removed my two legendaries but it gave me their skins while Eternity was still tradable. I then sold Eternity for a lil under 5k profit while I still have two legendary skins to use on my ascended greatsword. If t hey were to revert this then that would harm a lot of people since the system allowed for it.

Other than that, any legendary that is crafted is not soulbound, thats why people are able to buy them. You shouldnt make a change just for 1 legendary.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Miku.6297

Other than that, any legendary that is crafted is not soulbound, thats why people are able to buy them. You shouldnt make a change just for 1 legendary.

How many other legedary weapons give you TWO legendary skins and let you sell the legendary?… Every other legendary doesn’t give you access to the skin(or any legendary skin for that matter) unless you account bind it.

nacario.9417

How many other legedary weapons give you TWO legendary skins and let you sell the legendary?… Every other legendary doesn’t give you access to the skin(or any legendary skin for that matter) unless you account bind it.

Technically theres no big gain in selling eternity, since currently the cost of making eternity isnt covered with its sell price. Twilight and Sunrise go for over 3k each, Eternity is 5k atm and have been less. It’s not like we get the eternity skin when we sell it, we only gain what we had soulbound which was twilight and sunrise since they are destroyed in the process. In any case we spend gold on making both of them, and any item that is destroyed is saved on the account wardrobe.

Power Ranger PvP

Miku.6297

There’s no big gain vs what? Any other legendary weapon you craft, you spend gold crafting… You then choose to keep or sell the legendary.

1. Sell the legendary and get gold, do NOT keep the weapon or a legendary skin.
2. Acct bind the legendary, gain the weapon and the SKIN.

Eternity options…
1. Sell the legendary and get gold, do NOT keep the eternity weapon or eternity skin; Keep the twilight and sunrise legendary skins.
2. Acct bind eternity. Keep the legendary weapon, the eternity, twilight and sunrise legendary skins.

The cost of making eternity isn’t covered by it’s sell price that’s true, but how many other legendary weapons do you get to keep TWO legendary skins and get a large sum of your gold back?

nacario.9417

Once again, when an item is destroyed, it gets added to the account wardrobe system. That is why we get to keep twilight and sunrise skins after they are destroyed in the forge. It’s like you get a weapon, and you chose to get rid of it, but you still have its skin since it was soulbound. I dont see the issue since we dont get the eternity skin, only what we had spent gold and time to achieve.

Power Ranger PvP

Miku.6297

Nac, I know exactly how the wardrobe unlocks work (notice I was one of the first to clarify yes making eternity does give you sunrise and twilights skins while still letting you sell it?). That’s not what we are talking about.

The OP is 100% correct literally NO other legendary gives the player access to ANY legendary skins and lets you sell the legendary to recoup some of the cost making said skins.

nacario.9417

Anet for some reason decided to add a twin greatsword legendary and a followup, which is why we have this question.

Power Ranger PvP

Miku.6297

It worked perfectly fine be for the wardrobe went live. If you sold eternity you didn’t get to keep the other skins.

The solution is pretty easy to, simply make eternity acct bound on acquire. Keeping the legendary skins for twilight and sunrise and just using them on ascended greatswords after selling eternity just doesn’t seem right to me.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Just another mimimi others that worked in this game get more than i Q.Q thread and i find this soooooo unfair pls take it away from them (and no i have none of this legys by myself)

Btw its this way since the wardrobe introduction…i guess op comes back to The game few weeks ago, right?
Holy summer low…. This kind of threads sucks….not eternity

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: cthaeh.2168

cthaeh.2168

So, basically: “other people have stuff, and I want stuff, so take away their stuff to make me feel better”.

Seems legit.

Miku.6297

No one is suggesting taking things from people, just suggesting the legendary skins for twilight and sunrise be as “special” as the other legendary skins: You don’t get to keep the skin and sell the legendary. xD

@OP I agree, something different then just day/night cycles would be kinda nice.

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

whats being discussed here is:
1. The eternity isn’t cool enough to differentiate it self from sunrise and twilight so you sell it.
2. Lets say you make sunrise for 2kgold and twilight for 3kgold unlock the skins. Then combine them to make the eternity.
3. sell the eternity to recoup the 5kgold that you spent making the twilight and sunrise.
4. you transmute twilight and sunrise for looks on any greatsword at minimal costs. But you don’t get to change stats or have Eternity skin.

So you get sunrise and twilght skins at reduced cost from selling the eternity. Is it right/wrong or fair? you be the judge.

ScribeTheMad.7614

I think if Eternity had a visually unique skin, and not a copy/paste hack job, like the one the OP posted (my gosh I want that purple skin so bad, I’d actually work for that) people wouldn’t be so quick to sell it.

As for the current skins kept after selling Eternity, Eternity takes a fair amount of effort to craft, and it’s only the skins, not the changeable stats that people get to keep, so I see no issue with the current setup.

If they really want to encourage people to keep it they should make it look better, not just account lock it. If they do that I think many will just stop crafting it altogether, as it’s not anywhere close to worth the effort.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

Actually, the best way to get profit is to sell Twilight and Sunrise and use the money to buy Eternity and bound it

That way you get some gold back and all 3 skins. Way better than selling Eternity.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

The main reason we don’t care about losing the legendary and keeping the skin is that GS tend to be power centric on classes anyway….. so the stat switching feature is essentially lost on the classes that would use it.

While I’m not against the Eternity concept as a whole, the wardrobe change warrants a through rethinking of Legendaries as an item. Especially with the increasing number of people who can afford to start making one, and the number of new skins that come out each year, the prestige value of the Legendary skins have been declining a lot since the farm flood gates opened with Living story.

While I might regret this later….. one possible improvement is having visual elements of Legendarily change with certain mastery tracks. New particle effects or physical components to alter its appearance to specific tastes.

ScribeTheMad.7614

Customizable legendaries?

So like make Twilight but make it purple like the pic the OP posted?

I could totally go for that.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

All this discussion aside…

That sword you made is gorgeous. If the GS looked like that I’d actually REALLY want to make one.

Please Anet. MAKE THIS! ;_;

Posted by: Anatolious.8539

Anatolious.8539

I would just be happy if they gave those with a bound eternity the two individual skins of the eternal sunrise/twilight so that we could choose which one to use instead of having our weapon change every day night cycle.

That eternal twilight would look so cool on my reaper but having it constantly switch to sunrise half the time ruins the aesthetic

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

you are a bit weak on the why-part

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I have an all black theme going on with my main. Cats shadow, Ghastly grinning shield, infinite light(I know not black) and Twilight.
I have 0 interest in crafting sunrise or for that matter Eternity since they change by the day/night cycle.
With the one posted by the OP, I would 100% craft that.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

This looks awesome.

Totally agree that eternity is lacking. It’s also annoying because several of my characters look great with either the day or the night cycle eternity but not both. obviously since they look completely opposite of each other this happens for most people.

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

The main reason we don’t care about losing the legendary and keeping the skin is that GS tend to be power centric on classes anyway….. so the stat switching feature is essentially lost on the classes that would use it.

And you cant even swap sigils without destroying previous ones. Tha makes stat switching feature completely useless. We should be able to switch sigils on legendaries imo.

obey me

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

And you cant even swap sigils without destroying previous ones. Tha makes stat switching feature completely useless. We should be able to switch sigils on legendaries imo.

Of course you can’t swap sigils. Its a gold sink.

Working as intended.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Working as intended.

I don’t think it’s a gold sink. People simply just get an exotic and use that if they want different sigils. Or they just play with the same sigils and stats that don’t match. Or the sigils are the slaying ones and are super cheap to change out.

But people aren’t switching out sigils like force, bloodlust etc. I could be wrong but that would be rather pointless. So it comes down to more of a QoL issue for a majority of the player base imo

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Working as intended.

I don’t think it’s a gold sink. People simply just get an exotic and use that if they want different sigils. Or they just play with the same sigils and stats that don’t match. Or the sigils are the slaying ones and are super cheap to change out.

But people aren’t switching out sigils like force, bloodlust etc. I could be wrong but that would be rather pointless. So it comes down to more of a QoL issue for a majority of the player base imo

I wouldn’t really say its an issue for the majority of the player base. After all, the majority can’t afford legendaries.

Posted by: Sylum.1806

Sylum.1806

Selling Eternity by merging Sunrise and Twilight in the Mystic Forge and getting the latter two skins is the worst idea ever.

Eternity is selling under 5k gold, while Sunrise and Twilight are each selling for over 3k. If you craft both Sunrise and Twilight, you’re better off selling them both, get nearly 7k in gold, spend less than 5k of it buying an Eternity, getting all 3 legendary skins and still have around 2k gold in profit.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

tangential to the actual topic:
Why sunirse and twilight? twilight occurs at both dawn and dusk and thus would be a better name for what is currently eternity. sunrise is a kind of boring name for a legendary, too. Why not daybreak & nightfall (in universe reference ftw?)

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Working as intended.

Yeah and whats the point of legendary weps in this case? Guardian uses sword as a power weapon, you slapping fire/air on it then you want to give it to warrior which use sword as condition weapon. Youre left with trash sigils unless you willing to keep wasting few gold on every swap but in this case its just cheaper to make ascended weapons.. So whats the point of selectable stats? None.

obey me

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

Eternity looks great as it is, they just should have made it account bound on creation to make it fair for people who legitimately make it themselves, the most underwhelming factor is that people beat the system by crafting only one and using someone elses soulbound Legendary to make Eternity, both parties effectively win assuming they don’t want Eternity themselves.

Despite its popularity it’s actually one of the nicest skins in the game and I doubt the HoT version will match it.

very special guild tag [tX]

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

I think the Title can be a bit nicer next time. (It’s your personal opinion of course)

Personally I don’t think selling should be much of a problem, I like the new skin, but to create the actual effect will probably be a bit harder (without making it just a texture I mean:P)

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

The idea for Eternity getting it’s own distinct skin is an interesting idea.

However, making it account/soulbound on creation is a stupid idea. While I understand that being able to sell legendary weapons take away from their legendary status somewhat, I still feel that the players should have a choice whether or not to sell them if they wish. While getting the two previous skins for Eternity may be an unintended side effect, I still feel there’s no good reason to punish people that choose to sell the Eternity and keep the previous skins.

doddbox.8153

However, making it account/soulbound on creation is a stupid idea.

There is nothing stupid about it, they introduced a new system which has caused an inflated the amount of Legendary skins on peoples accounts which completely devalues them, you can effectively turn one legendary skin into 4 additional skins across 2 accounts.

I’d like to hear your less “stupid” idea.

ScribeTheMad.7614

Eternity looks great as it is, they just should have made it account bound on creation to make it fair for people who legitimately make it themselves, the most underwhelming factor is that people beat the system by crafting only one and using someone elses soulbound Legendary to make Eternity, both parties effectively win assuming they don’t want Eternity themselves.

Despite its popularity it’s actually one of the nicest skins in the game and I doubt the HoT version will match it.

Nicest skin in the game?
Eternity has no skin
It’s a copy paste hack job of Sunrise and Twilight
If it had a unique skin like the OP posted people would actually want it for itself instead of wanting it as a cheaper way to get the other two skins.
People would want to keep it instead for themselves.
Heck, I’d go for that purple one whereas I couldn’t care less about Sunrise or Eternity right now.

doddbox.8153

Nicest skin in the game?
Eternity has no skin
It’s a copy paste hack job of Sunrise and Twilight

It’s built from those two skins, why wouldn’t it use them? Eternity has a day/night mechanic, a unique hilt and auras/footsteps. A purple blade would look stupid and carry no thematic merit to the skin

nacario.9417

It would def have been better, back then, if they just made all legendaries soulbound upon creation so that u at least would have to buy the mats if u wanted to bypass the lengty road. It is a bit of shame that legendaries can be sold on TP.

Power Ranger PvP

ScribeTheMad.7614

Didn’t they used to be soulbound, and it was horrible for everybody?

Miku.6297

They were always sell able till bound but yes, once bound they use to be soulbound not account bound.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

The touch of irony there is that closing that market doesn’t suddenly kill the demand. If anything, it would increase the price of Pre-cursors; which remain the single most unreasonably difficult component to obtain without the combined probability of the entire player base. It also excludes a huge casual segment within the game’s population who’d eventually want to own a Legendary, but can’t muster the time or open schedule required for the unreliable portions of the scavenger hunt (WvW and EotM on low ranked servers, unpopular dungeons, world completion, clover crafting (which used to be harder in the between period after people stopped farming Balth, and before obishards started showing up in SW), and significant cost to level crafting (again, prior to champ bags dumping huge amounts of Mats into the system).

If it wasn’t for recent changes that increased my ability to get mats, I wouldn’t have been able to even consider making a legendary. But with the way things are being generated now, its not unreasonable to pursue a legendary unless you are just starting out. To be honest, the legendaries NEEDED this boost, as the gap prior to this saw individuals “owning several legends”, while the majority of us wouldn’t even consider it. Some people think that it waters the value down…. but without a sense of attainability (even if inherently difficult), they were nothing more then a decadent waste of resources for people who have endless amounts of free time, and a feeling of disenfranchisement for the rest of the population.

Posted by: Arctarius.2649

Arctarius.2649

I was the one who created that eternity over a year ago. Not fond of you taking my credit and not asking… But either way don’t bother them anymore. Eternity is not going to change, they have bigger worries.