Eternity crafting

Eternity crafting

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Lets say I have a tradable Sunrise and a trusted friend with a soulbound twilight. Could I send him my Sunrise so that he could craft an eternity, and then send the eternity back to me? (would that also unlock Sunrise on his account?).

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Eternity crafting

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Lets say I have a tradable Sunrise and a trusted friend with a soulbound twilight. Could I send him my Sunrise so that he could craft an eternity, and then send the eternity back to me? (would that also unlock Sunrise on his account?).

Yep. You can do that, it will work exactly like you want.

Eternity crafting

Posted by: Roquen.5406

Roquen.5406

That is an awful idea, I’m pretty sure he would only unlock the Twilight and Sunrise skins, one of which he already has unless he equips the Eternity. On top of that he would lose his own legendary in the process and would just have one extra skin…

I don’t think this is something you should do at all. It has so many chances to end poorly. A better alternative would be to sell sunrise and farm the rest of the 1000-1500g you need to buy eternity outright.

Eternity crafting

Posted by: Hypairion.9210

Hypairion.9210

OP i did exactly like that and it worked juste fine. (But yes i had a really nice guildie to trade with)

Eternity crafting

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Put it like this then. I have a twilight already, but Im more leaning towards the sunrise look on my new main class theme (Skin Wars 2 for me). My bet is zerker will always be a safe allround choice, which negates my need of having to change stats, so that the two ascended greatswords I got atm is enough. I could then craft sunrise, and craft eternity, which would unlock sunrise. At the same time I could sell eternity once buy order is at near 4k+, since Im in it for the twi/sun skins. Ill give it some more thought.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

(edited by nacario.9417)

Eternity crafting

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Yes, as Roquen said, your friend will lose his legendary in the process.

Basically, he will have sunrise and twillight skins unlocked in the process of forging eternity. He CAN NOT equip eternity, or that will souldbond it to him.

He then, sends you the non-bound eternity to you, you unlock eternity and the preview 2 skins.

IN overall, you friend you earn the sunrise skin, but he will lose a purple weapon (Selectable stats) on the process, since the previous legendarys are used as components to craft eternity.

Eternity crafting

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

As people have suggested, the OP will end up with the better deal:

• OP starts with one legend (unbound sunrise) and 0 skins unlocked. Ends with one legend (bound eternity) and 3 skins unlocked. Net gain: 3 skins.
  • Friend starts with one legend (bound twilight) and one skin unlocked (twilight). Ends with 0 legend and 2 skins unlocked (adds sunrise). Net gain: 1 skin + net loss: one legend.

Mind you, everyone gains at least one expensive skin, so some would argue it’s an ok deal. (And of course, both end up with all the precursor skins — I’ve never found use for them, so I don’t consider that to have any value; your mileage might vary.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”