[Event] How to get high stacks?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Derigar.7810

Derigar.7810

Since I’ve been so deprived for content, I’m bored enough to play this event.

Anyway, how do you get max stacks? I complete and fully engage in every mordrem plant I encounter and get around 6-7 stacks… Other people get like 21… Any help?

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Since I’ve been so deprived for content, I’m bored enough to play this event.

Anyway, how do you get max stacks? I complete and fully engage in every mordrem plant I encounter and get around 6-7 stacks… Other people get like 21… Any help?

the help is just touching one to two mobs and rushing to next event

egoism is for the win in this event

have fun

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

Yes, basically be a selfish kitten and tag and waypoint around like crazy. Anet dropped the ball big time on that whole cooperation in PVE thing this time.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Huh?

I played as usual (stayed and completed the events) yesterday and I had 26 by the time it was over.

But then again I didn’t run with a big blob but rather with smaller groups, which makes it faster due to not scaling up like mad.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

Yes, it does seem to overscale as well. Staying away from the zerg probably helps.

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

What’s the minimum amount of stacks to get 15 blossoms? People say it’s 20, others are saying it’s 21.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Think of all the good things you could do during the event. Every time you could have helped somebody. Every time you could have cooperated and work together…

Got that in your mind…? Ok. Now, do the very opposite!

• See anyone downved in the event with the explosive pods? Leave them be. If you revive them they’ll take the pods. The enemies do not count towards the event, only damaging the vine with pods. After a couple of explosions that hit the vine, leave.
  • Do not pick the hammer to repair the siege machines. The enemies do not count for the event either, and if you repair the siege machines you’ll have a short time after removing the hammer before you can use the siege. So instead run to someone else repairing, and steal the siege from them, shot a couple of shots at the vine, then leave.
  • On the events with the shields, save all your skills to do damage to the vine after the shields are down after others take down the shields, then leave.

By that kind of son of a grawl all over the place, and you’ll get lots of stacks of the effect and increase your rewards.

It’s puzzling how this event could end like this.

They have made events that felt rewarding. They have made changes to encourage people to work together. They have made events that scaled well. They created effects that will not be removed if you disconnect as long as you don’t leave the area.

It’s as if they had noted down everything they learned over all these years, and did the exact opposite.

What were they thinking?

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

• See anyone downved in the event with the explosive pods? Leave them be. If you revive them they’ll take the pods. The enemies do not count towards the event, only damaging the vine with pods. After a couple of explosions that hit the vine, leave.
  • Do not pick the hammer to repair the siege machines. The enemies do not count for the event either, and if you repair the siege machines you’ll have a short time after removing the hammer before you can use the siege. So instead run to someone else repairing, and steal the siege from them, shot a couple of shots at the vine, then leave.
  • On the events with the shields, save all your skills to do damage to the vine after the shields are down after others take down the shields, then leave.

Add “find a save corner and go afk/play the TP/beat the meat until the event finishes once you´ve reached your 20 stacks” and I think we´ve covered it all =)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

What’s the minimum amount of stacks to get 15 blossoms? People say it’s 20, others are saying it’s 21.

it’s 20

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Zaron.1987

it’s 20

yep after hopping wp s until 20 stacks you can go ah efff ka ( dont know why but the system is censoring when i write “a” then “f” and after this “k”

edit: oh Skoigoth was faster with posting this fact

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

Unfortunately the only way to get that many stacks is to run to an event, tag a few mobs, then just leave.

Truely the biggest mistake of this event was ALLOWING that.

Zaron.1987

https://forum-es.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/game/Novedades-sobre-la-Invasi-n-Mordrem/first#post113473

seems they look over it

noboy could suspect that the system dont work this way

lordkrall.7241

Unfortunately the only way to get that many stacks is to run to an event, tag a few mobs, then just leave.

That is outright lying though. I got 26 stacks while still completing all the events that I found.

Running together with the whole map as a massive blob however, is not a good idea, since the events scales and thus takes longer.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

That is outright lying though. I got 26 stacks while still completing all the events that I found.

Running together with the whole map as a massive blob however, is not a good idea, since the events scales and thus takes longer.

I WP’d around to all close events I could completing them and have only come out with 16 stacks at most.

Dunno what you are doing.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Not true. The biggest mistake of this event is to INCENTIVIZE that.

P.S. : and the loot

P.S.S. : and the boring events

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I think it’s you that is lying…

lordkrall.7241

I WP’d around to all close events I could completing them and have only come out with 16 stacks at most.

I walked around with a small group completing events.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

While yes, the events complete faster with a small group, I find the problem is predicting where the zerg won’t be. I try to separate myself from the blob, but end up getting caught up in it anyway because it’s everywhere. I find I can normally get about 12-15 doing the events to completion and trying to avoid the zerg. 26 seems like an exception. Not impossible, but a rare exception.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

yea but there aint to many events on the map at one time, so getting 26 walking around sounds fishy if you aint on a guild organised map or sum

Edit
As shaaba said i usualy get 10-15 aswell completing events

Posted by: AtomsOrSystems.9420

AtomsOrSystems.9420

yea but there aint to many events on the map at one time, so getting 26 walking around sounds fishy if you aint on a guild organised map or sum

Edit
As shaaba said i usualy get 10-15 aswell completing events

If finishing events, I get into the low teens as well. And that’s if I am waypointing to the next event when one finishes.

Maybe lordkrall has discovered the new Meta Speedrun for the Mordrem event, I don’t know. But after playing a fair bit of this with a group yesterday, and heard lots of people talking about it, I can’t believe his experience is at all typical.