Event: The problem isn't lack of drops...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

It’s the lack of reward, challenge and fun.

Please stop suggesting adding champ boxes to mobs, that doesn’t address the fundamental issues. Why are rewards given mostly to taggers? Why are events so easy? Why do the ending rewards not come close to what you’d make playing the normal game?

If people want champ boxes they can already do a champ train, go do that- stop trying to turn the event in to something already available, deal with the actual issues.

Posted by: Shaman.2034

Shaman.2034

The event should still reward you enough at the very least to offset the cost of waypoints.

On top of that, the blooms rate is abysmally low and makes the potions unobtainable for all but those players with 16 hours spare time all weekend.

You lose money waypointing around, and then on top of that the unobtainable rewards have gold as part of their cost. That’s not right.

Posted by: AtomsOrSystems.9420

AtomsOrSystems.9420

It’s kind of a combination. I agree, the main lack is that it’s just mind-numbingly dull. you travel in a blob, try desperately to get a tag, and then move on with the blob.

But mob drops are also kind of important (or something similar, in terms of rewards). During Halloween, those sparkles made me feel like I was making some progress on something, getting “richer,” even though I objectively knew there probably wasn’t much of value. With this event, I’ve only ever felt like I’m getting, if anything, poorer.

I agree with you that the problem is lack of reward and fun. But mob drops, even minor mob drops, is one way to make the individual events (stalks, haunted doors, whatever) feel rewarding.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The playerbase is too greedy to allow event mobs to drop loot. Anet learned that lesson the hard way.

Posted by: LunaticChaos.7138

LunaticChaos.7138

Problem is threefold.
1) This event is not rewarding: You lose gold just participating and you get practically none of the currency you need to buy items for your time invested, which even when you have the currency you have to spend even more gold to get anything. We get no drops, no karma, no xp to offset our costs to participate in this event.
2) This event is only for 4 days, which means if we want anything from this event we have to massively grind the long rotation that takes multiple hours to do
3) It fails its stated objective as being an event new players were meant to meet veteran players and get involved in guilds. Most of us vets are extremely irate over this event and as such we’re not sociable or looking to make new guildmates.

If either of those first two weren’t true, the event would still be boring, but it’d be tolerable. If we got a lot of the currency the time wouldn’t be an issue. If we have a lot more time (say till HoT came out) the low accumulation of the currency wouldn’t be an issue.

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

Too me there are 3 main issues:

1) Events are boring.
Seriously what is wrong with you Anet. 3 poor type of event, the 3 roots shield is just 1 to 2 massiv burn and done with a zerg switching from 1 root to the other. You have no point in touching mobs and brain is merely an option. The bomb one… melting husks that you can barely hit before they go down and you don’t have to move at all. And the last one, 3 catapults for so many players, you have to fight to get a chance to use catapults and once you’re on it just press 1 and… thats it.
People that say there is no challenge are so wrong, you actualy HAVE TO FIGHT … to touch a mob —’

2) Mordrem invasion + blogpost about the mordrem guard and yet no mordrem guard on the event.
It youd have been so fun to have some of the new modrem in this event. I was really looking for it even if it was just a dream.

3) rewards.
C’mon rewards from LS1 and CS? like seriously? Not even 1 new item. So basically if you’ve participate to LS1 you have nothing to “fight for”. I allready have almost everything, and what I don’t have is only because I didn’t want it in the first place. I still have the previous token to buy it… It is also nice to see this rewards come back in the game when the fact that they were gone for good was use as an excuse so many times on the forum and in lives pretty much everytime vets complain about the lack of love from Anet.

Add to these issues the fact that the map keep going like nothing happen, overlapping events, no xp, no karma, no loots… It fell like this event is some bone throw to us because “why not?”.

I love this game so much and it is so sad to see an event this bad. I get it Anet have other things to do right now with HoT and I’m looking forward to it. HoT pre-purchase and armore for the rev is ready.
So WHY did you decide to make this event? I guess it is to “convince” F2P players to buy HoT? I seriously doubt it will. They just get to the map to see how GW2 events works and will just see hangry players, poorly design events, and almost no rewards that require grind and only grind.

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

definitely lack of fun, I didnt mind no ecp or drops since its an event but if the event isnt fun, people will not do it

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

People will play fun stuff even if rewards are low (see WvW).
People will play unfun stuff if rewards are high (SW).

But if the content’s not fun and there’s no rewards, that’s a recipe for disaster.

At least the new players get a good look at what the game is really like so that can temper their expectations.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

If you could please post your constructive suggestions for events in this thread we’d really appreciate it. Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet