Events and medals are getting goofy

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

Starting to really question if there is an algorithm outside of random to some of these events lately.

Two major example problems I’ve seen lately.

Tequatl and defending the batteries. I’ll be there before anyone, and sit there hitting and killing everything in sight right down to the end. I’ll nail a bronze. Later I’ll get a couple hits in, and nab a Gold.

The worst I encountered, was Dragon’s Stand, the 3 separate fights right before the Mouth. I spent (literally) over an hour working on this fight, and got Bronze.

Normally I wouldn’t care that much, but with the Mastery system, xp is precious to someone who doesn’t get to play that often.

Just hoping ANet resolves this….seemingly simple issue.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

If you stay to kill a single champ you’ll end up with bronze, if you run around and hit whatever you can hit you’ll more likely hit gold.
Plus, it seems to matter what stats you use – plus weapon. It’s better to have a ranged weapon to run less and hit more, and then, it does make a difference if you’re on power based stats or rather on condition or something else. If something dies too soon, conditions doesn’t get the chance to deal ‘the real damage’ for example. For power (plus precision) based stats you deal more damage, which is no secret.

Haven’t had a problem on DS at all, I always hit gold, but I’ve never been there with anyone else than my soldier Necro or valkyrie Ranger.
As for Tequatl’s battery phase, going there in carrion stats results in bronze, hardly silver, going there in soldier’s, zerk or valkyrie results in guaranteed gold.

So I don’t think it’s random at all, it may just scale the needed damage for each rank with duration and participation in the certain event.

Trahearne <3