Every class but Warrior nerfed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

It’s really simple. ArenaNet is scared to nerf warriors because the majority of players play warriors and they don’t want to anger that crowd. This is what they did in Guild Wars 1 and it’s not surprising they are doing it again.

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

I see more guardians than warriors honestly..most bots are warriors or rangers though

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

Every class got nerfed?

checks patch notes

Nope, Necro didn’t.

Posted by: Auron.2657

Auron.2657

I don’t know why people consider the Thiefs Elite Venom a buff. It is now breakable, meaning it is better to use the immobilize venom instead.

Best Thief EU.
New Video Coming Soon.
youtube.com/AuronGW2

Posted by: Burai.4370

Burai.4370

1) 100k damage? I’m gonna take that to mean “over the span of a few minutes” which a lot of classes can say.

2) About every class:

Elementalist was not nerfed. It got some skills that weren’t working right (signets hitting things beyond range, etc) fixed.

Engineer was not nerfed at all. If anything, a slight buff.

Guardian was not nerfed. The only thing close to a nerf was teh activation time on Sig of Judgement.

EDIT: Upon closer read, the Guardian changes were more significant. Some nerfs, some buffs.

OK, Mesmer got nerfed to hell and back. I’ll accept that.

Necro not nerfed at all.

Ranger: Look, if a 40ms cast time increase is a nerf, you play on an entirely different level.

Thief: One nerf, one buff.

With a lot of stacks of might (which warriors can give themselves with GS traits), and frenzy, I’ve seen warriors 100b for 100K+ in Arah on Champions. That is 100k in 1 skill.

I wouldn’t call the change to basilisk Venom a buff. part of why the skill was even remotely useful outside of venom sharing builds is that it couldn’t be purged.

Now that it can be purged, it’s only viable in 1 gimmicky build.

Pistol Whip is a sword/pistol thief’s ONLY damage skill.

By nerfing the damage from it by 15% , you nerf the entire thief’s damage by 15%.

The signet changes hurt a lot of casters, who have to kite to kill things, because they can’t just stand and face tank everything like warriors. A strategy they had was to run forward (the only way they get their movement speed buffs), face their camera backwards, and use signets and ground targeted spells to hit the mobs chasing them.

Besides, this is the guy who nerfed smiter’s boon so bad it was taken completely out of PVP play.

You’ve never played warrior before have you? There is no way a warrior can hit over 100k even with full Berserkers glass cannon with 25 stack might buff, especially if the mob is Champion level. Check your eyes.

Posted by: Kraven.4936

Kraven.4936

Seems like a community’s consensus, get a dev that knows what he’s doing.

Posted by: AlienMagi.7102

AlienMagi.7102

This crying is pretty pathetic. I like how in WvW most targets just sit in my hundred blades without dodging away and without trying to immobilze me when I chase them.

I guess those are the people that come and complain about warriors being “op” here.

And no, there is no single instance where a warrior can hit over 100k. That would be moronic.

(edited by AlienMagi.7102)

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

@Devildoc

And? Warrior’s are meant to do a healthy amount of burst damage. They even have it straight built into their profession mechanic. He’s clearly built as a Glass cannon as well, as he barely has 1.8k~ more HP than his profession’s base HP.

In no other game is the class that has the highest health, and highest armor (tied with Guardians anyway) able to do the highest damage as well. They are outdamaged by lighter armor, lower health classes like archers/hunters/rangers, thieves/rogues/assassins, and mages/elementalists/sorcerers/wizards, because those classes have higher risk to do their damage, in particular, rogues/thieves/assassins are generally the top damage dealers due to their requirement to be in melee, and being in lighter armor. Even warriors that spec for dps to get close to the assassin/rogue/thief damage sacrifice so much survivability that they are no more crunchy than that thief next to them.

Yet in GW2, a warrior even specced glass cannon, is more survivable than all but the most tanky built thieves (and a thief would have absolutely terrible damage in that build), and they do tons more damage than say a dual dagger elementalist, who takes extreme risks having paper for armor, the lowest base health in the game, and next to no defensive skills on their weapon set.

It’s stupid.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Devildoc.6721

1) 100k damage? I’m gonna take that to mean “over the span of a few minutes” which a lot of classes can say.

2) About every class:

Elementalist was not nerfed. It got some skills that weren’t working right (signets hitting things beyond range, etc) fixed.

Engineer was not nerfed at all. If anything, a slight buff.

Guardian was not nerfed. The only thing close to a nerf was teh activation time on Sig of Judgement.

EDIT: Upon closer read, the Guardian changes were more significant. Some nerfs, some buffs.

OK, Mesmer got nerfed to hell and back. I’ll accept that.

Necro not nerfed at all.

Ranger: Look, if a 40ms cast time increase is a nerf, you play on an entirely different level.

Thief: One nerf, one buff.

With a lot of stacks of might (which warriors can give themselves with GS traits), and frenzy, I’ve seen warriors 100b for 100K+ in Arah on Champions. That is 100k in 1 skill.

I wouldn’t call the change to basilisk Venom a buff. part of why the skill was even remotely useful outside of venom sharing builds is that it couldn’t be purged.

Now that it can be purged, it’s only viable in 1 gimmicky build.

Pistol Whip is a sword/pistol thief’s ONLY damage skill.

By nerfing the damage from it by 15% , you nerf the entire thief’s damage by 15%.

The signet changes hurt a lot of casters, who have to kite to kill things, because they can’t just stand and face tank everything like warriors. A strategy they had was to run forward (the only way they get their movement speed buffs), face their camera backwards, and use signets and ground targeted spells to hit the mobs chasing them.

Besides, this is the guy who nerfed smiter’s boon so bad it was taken completely out of PVP play.

You’ve never played warrior before have you? There is no way a warrior can hit over 100k even with full Berserkers glass cannon with 25 stack might buff, especially if the mob is Champion level. Check your eyes.

Check the screenshot linked, and I’ve seen other screenshots on other mobs in that dungeon with similar damage.

Posted by: Vakirauta.6397

Vakirauta.6397

They better leave the professions and nerf some mobs. If they continue on doing so, we’re going to have a bad time killing a simple mob.

The Iron Butterfly

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

Just thought I’d cross link this image from the warrior thread.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/11247/lol_warriors.jpg

150k.

No other class can do that in a single ability with a less than 10s cooldown.

This picture is a fake.
Hundred Blades is a channeled ability and each hit does slightly more damage than the previous. And the previous hit on the screenshot was 10k. No way the last hit would do 150k…

While I’ve not used that specific ability, every other channeled ability I have used shows cumulative damage, not a spam of numbers for each hit.

Is Hundred Blades different to the other channeled abilities?

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

They are nerfing weapon lines, not entire classes, its obvious Anet does not want a “maximum dps” weapon line..they want lines of weapons and builds for the most part to be in line with one another. SPVP is a big portion of this Im sure. I think once weapon lines are in check, other changes will follow.

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

@Skip: You say that like tPvP is the entire game. Lol

CD

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

They better leave the professions and nerf some mobs. If they continue on doing so, we’re going to have a bad time killing a simple mob.

No, you’ll just get downgraded to elementalist level and take 1 minute to kill a mob. At least you don’t also risk dying while doing so because you don’t have any armor.

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

As far as I’m aware Jon Peters is in charge of profession balance. The fact Izzy plays a warrior has little to do with it, considering all the development team play various professions. I know Colin Johansson loves a venom share thief though I doubt he is reacting as some of you are.

If a 15% damage reduction to a single skill is causing you such misery, you probably shouldn’t be playing and you probably shouldn’t have been using that one skill as a crutch.

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

@Skip: You say that like tPvP is the entire game. Lol

The fun thing about tPvP is that it’s a minority mini-game.

If ANET thinks it’s good to screw 2M players to make 50k players happy, then they risk losing 1.95M players and keep to 50k happy ones.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

My mesmer uses phantasms because they come with the weapon choice. Not because I actually want those skills (I prefer clones). So I am forced to take such skills and now they get nerfed.

Thank you for reminding me of the annoying lack of flexibility in the skill bar and the obvious factor that these balances are all about pvp.

PvE encounters have been purposefully dumbed down to big hp and toughness mobs/bosses with one shot kills abilities. This nerf will not really affect pve because in pve you are only really required to use dodge, ress your team mates and use auto attack. The rest of the skills you can click at your leisure….they are basically inconsequential.

So yeh this nerf doesn’t shock me as much as it reminds me of the limitations for builds and pve especially.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

lol are you kidding me? Warrior doesn’t need a nerf it needs a boost. Currently warrior has barely 1 viable build for spvp and i’ve never seen a warrior with different role than the one i (and every other warrior in a medicore+ skilled team) has

warrior is so weak that it doesn’t even get in top 5 best classes out of 8 classes, whats better than a warrior? guardian, mesmer, necromancer,engineer

im seriously expecting a boost/balance on warriors or im quitting this game since the devs are in need of a reality check.
Yeah sure warriors can do a lot of dmg in melee range, thats the point? Warriors op in dugeons? rofl no, warrior can only be a dpser in a dungeon (or be useless with hammer/longbow like the warrior i once had in my party), and you cant be a dpser w/o good supports, so you need other classes but they don’t need you cuz theres lots of classes that can do dps.

the best dungeon class is EASILY and by far a thief, permanent infinite blind , huge aoe dmg with sword/pistol and infinite weakness from trait + bow poison field, its just broken on such a unreal scale and the difference you can feel in a dungeon with a thief is so huge

Posted by: veritech.1048

veritech.1048

To be fair there’s 2 viable sPvP builds. One is the glass cannon 100b spam warrior and the other is the more balanced Captain Hammer build (which is far more useful outside of cooldowns).

The dungeon roles are very lacking because of weak support outside of a group revive and a couple of shouts. You either get DPS spammers or wammos. The worst part is that the healing support line has to be the worst, it makes you better at reviving downed allies.

If this is the “balance” everyone else wants to be brought up to par with, seems like Anet’s taking us in that direction.

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

I find it hilarious that people are trying to claim that warriors have only a handful of viable builds, considering that even with traits invested poorly they still do a lot more damage than many other professions and can safely rely on more than one or two weapons.

I knew there was going to be a problem when I realised just how abundant the warrior profession was compared to every other profession, I guess I should have listened to my gut instinct.

So, yeah, if warriors are ‘broken’ when they’re performing far better in PvE and PvP than many other professions, then something is seriously wrong. The fact that PvE is being affected by PvP nerfs is also troubling.

For the record, I started out as a warrior. I got bored due to how repetitive it became and I was outright avoiding the popular builds and weapons. There’s a huge difference in both PvE and PvP when you compare a warrior to any other profession.

(edited by Garenthal.1480)

Devildoc.6721

@Jeshtuni: No, the damage shown in the screenshot is the total damage for all the hits in the combo.

I think in the end they need to split skills for PVE and PVP. Warriors are OP in PVE, but claim to be underpowered in PVP. Mesmers are underpowered for PVE, and OP for PVP, thieves in that same boat.

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

theyre performing far better in pve and pvp according to who? lol.

thief is the king of pve classes due to infinite blind/huge dmg/ infinite weakness
mesmers or guardians are tied for #1 pvp class

what exactly is warrior dominating again?

@the hammer build, you ever met a guy with.. stability? in tournaments everyone has stabiltiy and breakstuns, the hammer isn’t viable at all cuz it has slow cast times, big cooldowns and is incredibly easily countered

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

I remember reading leaks during the betas that Izzy loved warrior and constantly buffed them.

Not surprised.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

As far as I’m aware Jon Peters is in charge of profession balance. The fact Izzy plays a warrior has little to do with it, considering all the development team play various professions. I know Colin Johansson loves a venom share thief though I doubt he is reacting as some of you are.

If a 15% damage reduction to a single skill is causing you such misery, you probably shouldn’t be playing and you probably shouldn’t have been using that one skill as a crutch.

venom share thieves are insane in tournaments, but it’s a pvp build imho. the range on the sharing is buggy at times, the effects aren’t all that amazing etc etc.

Wish people would stop using pvp as the basis for all their comments, I’m not ragging on you or anything but it just seems that’s where the basis for the rationale is coming from

The Complaint from the OP however, Is one that I feel is valid. It gets “irritating” as a thief player to see my class nerfed EVERY patch and in what feels like a PVP based decision, damage is great in PVE, but it’s nowhere NEAR as good as being able to survive long enough to deal it.

Irony…. xD

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

So sad to see yet another game nerfing PvE builds for PvP reasons.

For goodness’ sake split the two! Guardian greatsword used to be quite fun for soloing (though I wouldn’t bother with it in group play) now? Well I’ll give it a go but it’s not looking good, maybe I’ll find another weapon combination that hasn’t been nerfed because it’s somehow super-useful in PvP.

As to the Mesmer, it seems to be well known to everyone but the team doing this “balancing” that the profession is strong in PvP and weak in solo PvE … and yet they too get a nerf.

If there’s a problem in PvP, fix it in PvP; please don’t drag PvE into it.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Posted by: Revenant.2691

Revenant.2691

Erm, lemme put it this way:

If you get hit by more than the first hit or two of hundred blades, you’re an idiot and should quit PvP forever. Seriously. It locks you in place and only hits a ~100 degree cone.

It’s got a high charge time, takes multiple seconds to complete, is easily dodge-able, and makes you immobile for the duration. Next people are going to be complaining that warriors’ aimed shot rifle burst skill does too much damage (I’ve one-shotted caster profs with it with critical+might stacks. What now?).

My main’s a Hammer/Staff guardian and I have never lost to a warrior. Due to our much-decried complete lack of ranged ability, I always fight them in melee. Hundred blades, whirlwind, etc. have never been an issue for me at all. Now I’m not usually the kind of guy to say “learn to play, lol,” but in this case I think it’s absolutely true. These skills do high damage, yes, but are easily counterable/avoidable altogether.

Also, it seems like the majority of the people here aren’t even complaining about how much damage these skills do, they want warriors nerfed because their classes aren’t as good in comparison. Here’s some news, a well-played mesmer is the single biggest asset a team can have in WvW, be it a siege, a defense, or open combat. Mesmers seem to be the most whined-about in terms of power, but it’s true. Simply put, it’s an advanced class, and it’s very hard to do right, but it has a lot of potential. It was the same in GW1. Literally anyone can play a warrior, but a mesmer takes a lot more skill to be played effectively.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

another nerf to elementalist and thief…
as these classes were a remotely viable in WvWvW…

what do i need a “Glyph of renewal” for? if not for rezzing dead people? another useless skill in the elementalist arsenal.

nerfing whirlol? nobody cares because nobody use this skill out of the water (yes the only underwhater skill for elementalists is nerfed).

nerfing pistolwhip? the ‘trivial to dodge’ skill that roots you in place for like five seconds and makes you vulnerable to anything? thats just show arenanet cave in to the crying masses… what about “whirling axe” ? ah, this one is perfectly fine, yes?

you call this balance? this is a joke.

why dont you balance classes that have range, damage, roots and pets at the same time instead…

sometimes, it is better not to touch something that it is not broken.

I care about the nerf to whirlpool. Underwater creatures drop scales and other loot, yet some mobs have pullbacks (trivial to dodge if you’re soloing and are facing them, but usually you’ll be pulled anyway since you can’t dodge everyone’s pull), and underwater mobs spawn pretty fast. Also, sometimes it’s nice to burst stuff down before “invulnerability” kicks in. It’s mostly a great “Oh crap abunch of things want to kill me” ability that isn’t used lightly. If the former whirlpool took, say, seven mobs down to almost dead and higher defense mobs to half then you’d be saved, but now the high defense mobs would be over half and you’d need more hits to kill the other mobs, and you’d be downed before you switch to earth to finish off the high armored mobs.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Here is what I take away from the posts:

Warrior can use 1 skill to win! (albeit he has to use other skills to boost that skill’s damage, but still!)

Waaaaaa my 1 trick pony thief got his trick nerfed! I don’t want to consider other builds! (perhaps the nerf was meant to get players to reevaluate using the same build all the time)

Every thing else that are receiving complaints seem to have a legitimate basis to complain.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

So sad to see yet another game nerfing PvE builds for PvP reasons.

For goodness’ sake split the two! Guardian greatsword used to be quite fun for soloing (though I wouldn’t bother with it in group play) now? Well I’ll give it a go but it’s not looking good, maybe I’ll find another weapon combination that hasn’t been nerfed because it’s somehow super-useful in PvP.

As to the Mesmer, it seems to be well known to everyone but the team doing this “balancing” that the profession is strong in PvP and weak in solo PvE … and yet they too get a nerf.

If there’s a problem in PvP, fix it in PvP; please don’t drag PvE into it.

Exactly what I’ve been trying to say! please make the greatsword useful in PVE then just nerf it in PVP same goes to pistolwhip.
as well as wrathful spirits please make it useful right now its only useful in 3 seconds each 40 seconds. during those 3 seconds it deal on average 500dmg per enemy in PVE.

Posted by: MrNobody.4357

MrNobody.4357

OMG what a horrible balance patch…

1) rather than class balance start by trying to fix broken DE’s, challenges, exploits…

1.bis) add that FoV slider, you used the FoV of a console game because you plan to release this game for the XBOX fine, but we ALL are playing it on a PC at the moment, so just set the FoV to a more appropriate 85-90 deg rather than the 65 you’re using. (see http://youtu.be/blZUao2jTGA, and http://youtu.be/S1XsPYPGcl0)

2) if you really have to look in to class balance for the love of <place the name of your favourite faith> FIRST YOU HAVE TO SPLIT PvP FROM PvE

3) if any balance had to be applied to classes it would be just the opposite you’ve just done
That means that all the other classes should have received a bump to bring them close to the experience of playing a warrior. And i’m not talking of PvP and GS->Hundred Blades, i’m talking of the general farm speed in comparison to any other classes.

Now dear class balance designers i’m playing all 8 classes, but it seems to me you want to pigeonhole me into my warrior, in the light of that can i have back 7/8th of the price i payed since the other options to play the game are not enough worthy in your opinion?

(edited by MrNobody.4357)

Posted by: Demosthene.2195

Demosthene.2195

To the OP:

Play a Warrior. Any build that isn’t 100B full-damage spam. Competitive at that, or dungeons. There you go, no more Warrior bias ... but why would you do that, to realise you’re wrong and whined all that time for nothing? Yeah, let’s not do that and cling to a morally superior opinion of "Warrior OP, everyone else UP".

Lastly, there are many more things to contribute to a group than just damage. Damage is only 1/3rd of what you can do as a profession. Raw damage numbers and true damage over time are two different things, especially when you consider force multipliers like AoE quickness which don’t come into play unless you bring a Mesmer. Omg Mesmer OP, nerf! No, not OP. Get the bigger picture and relish it.

(edited by Demosthene.2195)

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

haha noooo whirlpoollll! No more push-to-win while underwater LOL. Although it was our only under-water elite, it was pretty ridiculous. Good thing my main is warrior

btw in WvW the glass-cannon warrior is pretty useless. They can take out 1 target for sure… but in a 30v30 battle one kill isn’t drastic. In fact, if they’re in melee range, rooted, they will get focused and explode within 3 seconds. I would be more worried about a longbow warrior the #3 is AoE burn/blast that crits for 4k on 10s CD.

Posted by: minimimi.1794

minimimi.1794

This crying is pretty pathetic. I like how in WvW most targets just sit in my hundred blades without dodging away and without trying to immobilze me when I chase them.

I guess those are the people that come and complain about warriors being “op” here.

And no, there is no single instance where a warrior can hit over 100k. That would be moronic.

This. 100B is extremely easy to interrupt. Glass cannon could be OK for PvE, but take a few hits and explode in the shower of broken glass :-)
I say warrior is OK as it is now, at least for PvE, but any balancing would need a split between PvE and PvP, as it was done in GW1.

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Generally speaking (as per usual), a lot of players will defend their prefered class no matter what (even when it clearly needs a nerf).

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Jestunhi.7429

Generally speaking (as per usual), a lot of players will defend their prefered class no matter what (even when it clearly needs a nerf).

This is indeed true.

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

Not sure engineers really got nerfed… The grenades underwater were OP, and we’re already pretty strong underwater without the kit.

Would love my kits to either have stats based on my weapon (since I can only have one equipped) or buff a stat depending on which kit is equipped.

Too bad that vid only shows from a mesmer perspective… Those numbers are roughly what I’m putting up with my grenades, maybe a tad less.

Posted by: Demosthene.2195

Demosthene.2195

@ buki

You and me, got extremely trolled by skill tooltips. If you apply Stronger Bowstrings trait, the skill descriptions are all wrong even if the only change to skills is 300 more range. There is no "burning" on 3rd skill, there is no doubled damage on 4th, there is no change on 2nd. It’s all bogus.

@ MajorMelchett

Generally speaking, general opinions are generally useless. Be specific please.

Warriors still get a mere 3% physical damage bonus to their BURST skills with full 30 points in Discipline (which is useless on it’s own - you invest in Discipline only for traits). Our best "burst" skill isn’t even an actual BURST skill (profession mechanic, a separate skill charged by adrenaline bar), but 100B gimmick on greatsword.

If anything, other professions are scaled down to the potential of Warrior, not nerfed. Warrior remained largely unchanged because his issues (save a single broken build) are comparatively speaking least important right now. Warrior balance problems won’t be addressed until more glaring issues (like Necromancer bugs) are resolved first.

It’s not that Warrior is getting a slack, it’s simply lower in the priority queue of things-to-do. Personally, I’m yet to see fixes to our Balanced Stance, Endure Pain, Stronger Bowstrings and Crack Shot traits. One of these is cosmetic, three of these are actual bugs reducing our potential in the game.

Before HB and/or greatsword at large is addressed, I want our core functionality restored, along with more useful bonus to burst damage from the Discipline tree. It’s funny how our best physical damage burst skill (Eviscerate) deals less damage than Thief’s backstab or Pistolwhip spam even after the nerf, all the while being bloodily predictable both in timing and in execution (usually when Warrior is desperate for that tiny bit of damage more).

(edited by Demosthene.2195)

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Here is a reality check on Warriors.

PvE
Thieves greatly outDPS a Warrior @ single target damage.
War can deal 25k crits on HB every 9.6s, while Thieves can deal 10k PW every second & 10k backstabs.
Also, to deal this damage a Warrior needs to go full glass cannon, else 100B will hit for half that much.
Eles greatly outDPS Warrior @ AoE damage & condition damage.

PvP
Greatsword and Rifle (which are the one dealing high burst) are completely unviable.
HB is easily dodged/trinketed, Killshot will just be strafed.
Infact Warriors in sPvP use Mace/Hammer/Axe/Sword.
Bunker = Guard/Engi > Warrior
Roamer = Ranger/Ele/Thief > Warrior
Currently Warriors are sub-par in pvp, infact they have very low representation: PvP is being dominated by Mesmers, Thieves and Guardians.

And Warrior was nerfed a lot.
Eviscerate was nerfed down terribly, Endure Pain was almost halved in duration.

Warrior is basically a jack of all trades master of none.
Can do well in most things but will be outclassed in every single sector.

The only thing Warrior has easy compared to other classes is generic PvE.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

@Jeshtuni: No, the damage shown in the screenshot is the total damage for all the hits in the combo.

I think in the end they need to split skills for PVE and PVP. Warriors are OP in PVE, but claim to be underpowered in PVP. Mesmers are underpowered for PVE, and OP for PVP, thieves in that same boat.

I would disagree that mesmers are underpowered for PvE. I am sure I don’t have the highest DPS but when I am in dungeons I am generally the person with the least actual deaths. Between illusions, chaos armor and a couple of other handy skills I use, I have a great survivability and rather constant DPS.

So I think it depends on how you look at it. It does require a lot of moving and proper timing to make it work, so in that sense perhaps the mesmer is not as good in pve for a lot of players.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

It seems that the recent QQ is all from players who haven’t met BWE1 warrior. Did you know we got nerfed 3 patches in a row, before they found a sweetspot for us. Although I agree that a lot of classes do specific roles better than us, I still think warrior is fine and is one of the most balanced professions atm. They just need to fix our bugs and work around some of our skills in the future. Very few viable builds atm.

Related to the QQ’ing and releasing your anger on warrior because of your nerfs, you have to admit, that the mesmer phantasm and thief PW nerf was coming anyways due to their OPness in pvp. For rangers I believe the sb damage decrease is a bug, so I hope they get that fixed.
For everyone else, evolve and adapt. If you’re having trouble against a specific class, then why not roll one yourself and learn it’s gimmicks and playstyle. I promise, you will look at that class at a totally different angle after that.

For someone who has a mesmer alt in PvE, I agree, we are terribad in solo PvE, but we’re absolutely amazing in a group setting and in wvwvw, if played right. When I’m on my warr, I’d rather have a mesmer in my team than some random DPS for the sheer range of utility they bring to the team.

How I see classes atm:
Guardian – needs a bit of playing with retaliation balance, otherwise nearing sweetspot. Good class overall.
Mesmer – devs need to figure out how to buff mesmer in PvE areas, without making it grossly unbalanced in PvP. Will probably take a lot of time to balance.
Thief – pretty ok actually, some of the steal skills are ridiculously powerful and needs a bit of balancing to evasion. Totally different skillsystem makes it a pain to balance.
Elementalist – they need some love, no viable single target options, AoE is good, but I believe it could be even better. Maybe a little increase in damage overall. Honestly, I never perceive them as a threat in pvp. They are incredibly good in group settings/wvwvw though.
Necro – same as guardian, almost there. Needs some bugfixes and has the same problem as warrior, lack of viable builds (for example minion build is still meh).
Ranger – lacks melee options beside the axe+warhorn and LB needs a lot of love. SB is very one dimensional, maybe cut down on bleeds, but increase poison damage. Needs some direct damage love, only viable build is still condition damage.
Engineer – one of the most overlooked professions ever. They are awesome and scary if played right. Wouldn’t play one, because it’s not my style, but I absolutely love and respect good engineer players.

Jestunhi.7429

What the warrior was like in BWE1 has absolutely no relation to the current class balance.

Class balance is decided by the current classes, not some historic data.

Unless I am going to encounter and fight a BWE1 warrior it’s meaningless.

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

So GW2 has a Ghostcrawler too?

Posted by: Keelin.5781

Keelin.5781

Better get used to it. Won’t change as long as ghostcra—- i mean Mr. Peters plays one.

(edited by Keelin.5781)

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

“We’ve received reports from players that non-Warriors were occasionally viable. We immediately conducted internal investigations and reached the same conclusion. A fix for this issue has been implemented; Warriors should now be the only viable profession as intended.”

Jestunhi.7429

I can’t help wondering how ANet would react if literally 100% of the playerbase suddenly started playing only warriors.

Suddenly they look at their metrics and see that the only data they have is warriors and that people have abandoned every other class.

I’d like to be a fly on the wall at the meeting to explain that!

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

JP plays a warrior, what more explanation do you need? And yes, I saw him in-game on his warrior last week.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

This thread has gone offtopic and turned into a complain on Jon Peters playing a warrior to explain the reason behind the balancing decissions. Therefore it is now closed.

Thanks for your understanding