Every daily achievement, every day

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve found myself thinking about this a lot lately and I don’t understand how it’s possible.

In-game it’s fairly straight forward. Log in, check dailies, start doing dailies, continue until they’re finished. Boring, maybe frustrating but an easy process to understand.

What I don’t understand is how people are able to do it every single day without missing even one when the lowest estimate I’ve heard is 3-4 hours, sometimes as much as 6. Even if I assume the person in question doesn’t work and isn’t in university or another type of education that can take up almost all your time and doesn’t have many friends, family or other social commitments surely every so often something must come along that prevents you from playing enough some days.

They must never go on holiday (or bring a laptop and keep playing whilst there), or even go out for a day, never get really sick, never suffer a power cut or loss if internet connection, never have to take the computer apart to repair or upgrade it…

Maybe I’m just used to my erratic life, but I just can’t imagine how someone can depend on having 3+ hours to play GW2 every single day for over a year, and reasonably assume that situation will continue unchanged for the foreseeable future.

Can anyone explain?

Tl;dr
I’m not asking why people do it, or how they do it when they have time to play for 3+ hours a day. I’m asking how they can make that time every single day, 365 days a year since the game came out and how they managed to avoid unforeseen circumstances stopping them from playing.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I don’t believe it takes that long if you do it regulary. Personally i normally only do my 5 or some more if they could be done in the open world, but that takes me mostly 20-30 minutes. Now if people play dungeons and WvW also regulary i think they will also have the rest done rather quick.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

They play for achievement points. Most days they won’t do anything else but their daily. If something is not on the daily they will not do it.

Somehow this is fun for such players.

I don’t believe it takes that long if you do it regulary. Personally i normally only do my 5 or some more if they could be done in the open world, but that takes me mostly 20-30 minutes. Now if people play dungeons and WvW also regulary i think they will also have the rest done rather quick.

He meant every daily achievement – all 8 PvP ones and all 13 normal ones.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

From comments I’ve seen here when they added the options for dailies, they DON’T see it as fun. They feel the irrational (to us, but rational to them) desire to get every chivo to be “the best.” They mostly feel like it’s a gigantic, horrible grind.

Yet they keep doing it.

I get the feeling that it’s just gaming addiction.

(Just my general sense of things, obviously does not apply to everybody.)

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

From comments I’ve seen here when they added the options for dailies, they DON’T see it as fun. They feel the irrational (to us, but rational to them) desire to get every chivo to be “the best.” They mostly feel like it’s a gigantic, horrible grind.

Its however a problem of the players if they don’t understand the meaning of OPTIONS and think more options mean you have to do ALL of them.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: medohgeuh.4650

medohgeuh.4650

You only have to do five to qualify for the daily reward; it’s not that hard to do in a short amount of time if you just play the game as-intended.

When it comes down to it, it’s really nothing more than extra incentive to do what most everyone in GW2 does on a daily basis. Not a boring grind in the slightest unless you just don’t like the game to begin with.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

I play Guild Wars 2 for more than 3 hours every day. It’s not 3 hours all at once, but you can nickle and dime a lot of this stuff. Think of it this way. Most achievements take less than 20 minutes. If you spent an hour online before you go out and do stuff and an hour when you get home and then an hour later on on the evening…that’s three hours.

I used to work 12 hours every single day. Six days a week. So if I work 8 hours, it’s nothing for me to play for 4 hours…that’s the amount of time I used to work.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I do it because I have nothing else left to do in this game. PvE dailies take 1-2 hour a day, PvP dailies 2-6 hours a day (2 if 100% win rate, 6 if 1/3rd winrate, SoloQ is highly random).
But I am nearing a GW2 burnout so I preordered TESO to get rid of this.

I wish Anet would have sticked with the original 4 dailies everyone could complete in 20 minutes.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

I do it because I have nothing else left to do in this game. PvE dailies take 1-2 hour a day, PvP dailies 2-6 hours a day (2 if 100% win rate, 6 if 1/3rd winrate, SoloQ is highly random).

I wish Anet would have sticked with the original 4 dailies everyone could complete in 20 minutes.

Why, if you already have nothing to do?

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Why, if you already have nothing to do?

Addicts usually can’t stop themselves, they need somebody else to stop them.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Almost every day I do at minimum the 4 PvP dailies (~45min), and the 5 regular dailies (~15-20min). Once I finish the core stuff above, I take a look at what else is available. Usually there are another 2-3 that can be done really quick as well.

So on a typical day I get around 10AP, usually done in less than 90min.

Now the people that are getting 20+AP each and every day, that’s serious dedication and would almost certainly take 3-4hrs.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Hmm…I get the impression most people skimmed the OP and didn’t actually understand what I was asking.

I added a tl;dr section to clarify.

I know you only need 5 for the chest, and that some people choose to do more and to some extend how they feel about it but none of that actually answers my question. I’m trying to understand how they can find time to play that much every single day.

I can often manage to play for at least 3 hours in a day. But then other days I can’t get to the computer at all and never even login. Right now I haven’t played since Friday evening because I spent the weekend upgrading my PC and then had to go to work. Other times I’ve been on holiday or too sick to sit at the computer that long, or unexpectedly had to take care of family.

Loads of different things can (and do) come up that stop me playing at all for a day or more and I had assumed these things happen to everyone, but if that’s the case I don’t understand how they’re still able to get their dailies done.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

I feel sorry for people who do that.

There is no rational explanation for people doing that, i.e. every single ap every single day throughout the year.

That’s sick.

No further comments required.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I do as many as I possibly can….except the PvP ones. Those are painfully dull.

Most days I can do 90% of all of the daily possibilities. On work nights I settle for just the ones to complete dailies, on the weekend however, I strive to do every single one. It’s a goal to set and something to do. I also complete every single monthly category within 2-3 days of them being available….

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Some people have more time to dedicate to their hobbies than others. It’s just a fact of life, no real big mystery.

Malediktus.9250

Tl;dr
I’m not asking why people do it, or how they do it when they have time to play for 3+ hours a day. I’m asking how they can make that time every single day, 365 days a year since the game came out and how they managed to avoid unforeseen circumstances stopping them from playing.

I didnt do every single daily or monthly since release. If I would have to guess I left out a month worth of dailies and monthlies by personal choice. Illness, broken hardware or other stuff were not a reason for me to skip dailies yet.
Despite skipping a month or so worth of dailies/monthlies I am still ranked somewhere in top 25 EU. If I would transfer to NA I would be ranked 8th even. So the amount of people who do all dailies every day is abysmal. And the competition is close to zero.

Malediktus.9250

If my internet would suddenly be gone or my computer broke I would have no backup solution for it. So I would sadly be out of luck. But considering the low competition at the top of the leaderboard it wouldnt really matter.

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

The average person in the USA watches TV 5 hours a day. I do not even have a TV.

When I do dailies I do not do the pvp ones at all. I do the minimum needed for that achievement chest and laurel and then if I happen to get the others in regular play then I get them. I do not go out of my way to get them all.

To get the needed 5 is something less then an hour.

Now to the point. How does the average person find 5 hours a day to watch TV? Remember that with an average for every person watching TV only one hour a day, another watches it 10.

Now I really doubt there a whole lot of people that do dailies each and every day of the year 365 days of the year but most people are at home after work or school or whatever each and every day for more then a few hours so it merely a question of how they chose to spend that time.

For some it television. For others it GW2. More people watch TV then play GW2. People that tend to play GW2 also tend to people people that like to play GW2 so an hour or two a day spent doing what one likes to do is not all that remarkable.

Posted by: Lankybird.8149

Lankybird.8149

Shared account. Rotate doing daily.

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

The longest dailys take me is 15 minutes, sometimes they are as fast kitten minutes. You can chain dialy’s by doing them 20 minutes before reset then doing the new ones after reset. This way you only have to be on once every two days if you’re just doing dailys.

On nights I play normally they practically do themselves.

Malediktus.9250

The longest dailys take me is 15 minutes, sometimes they are as fast kitten minutes. You can chain dialy’s by doing them 20 minutes before reset then doing the new ones after reset. This way you only have to be on once every two days if you’re just doing dailys.

On nights I play normally they practically do themselves.

I think you failed to read the thread properly.

Xia.3485

Didn’t read thread, read the OP.

Specifically:

how people are able to do it every single day without missing even one when the lowest estimate I’ve heard is 3-4 hours, sometimes as much as 6

It doesn’t take hours to do all the PvE dailys. It takes even less to do just the five you need a day. You can also do this once every two days by playing through the reset. So you don’t even need to play every day.

(edited by Xia.3485)

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Didn’t read thread, read the OP.

Specifically:

how people are able to do it every single day without missing even one when the lowest estimate I’ve heard is 3-4 hours, sometimes as much as 6

It doesn’t take hours to do all the PvE dailys. It takes even less to do just the five you need a day. You can also do this once every two days by playing through the reset. So you don’t even need to play every day.

OK, now read the thread title and the rest of the OP. Doing every PvE and PvP daily takes somewhere between 3 and 5 hours, depending on soloQ. OP was asking how people can dedicate time every day all year round to doing this, without taking breaks or running into RL issues that stop them playing.

I don’t know of anyone who has successfully completed every daily since launch. Even the people at the top of the leaderboard have missed a few.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

Posted by: Nausicaa.9563

Nausicaa.9563

To the OP: all dailies taking more than 2 hours is a fairly recent development (pvp changes in december), and many of the people who had been completing almost every daily until then gave up on this task and compromised or left the game. For me it lead to the decision to ease up my gameplay a bit and not run after these points, aka playing the game a lot less.

(edited by Nausicaa.9563)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Can anyone explain?

Tl;dr

Sleep is for the weak.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

MOST dailies only takes me about 1 hour to finish, SOME I have finished in 1 LA or Tequatl event, VERY FEW take more than 2 hours to complete. I even got this months monthly the first day the LA LS event started.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Its however a problem of the players if they don’t understand the meaning of OPTIONS and think more options mean you have to do ALL of them.

That’s not what it is. It would be options if there was a hard cap at five achievement points a day and you could choose to do any dailies you wanted. That’s not the case.

Malediktus.9250

That’s not what it is. It would be options if there was a hard cap at five achievement points a day and you could choose to do any dailies you wanted. That’s not the case.

Indeed its not a viable option if they give additional rewards (achievement points) which are required for exclusive titles and skins.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

If it takes you 3 hours to do a daily, you’re doing it wrong.

1 hour, tops. 30 minutes for me.

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Pvp dailies take max 1 hour a day. That is all you need for your daily laurel.

I personally dont feel the need to do it everyday. But i can see how someone manages a normal life while getting the standard 5 (pvp) dailies done per day.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

the ironic part is, the people at the very top of the leaderboards (or extremely high AP players) thinking that they’re ‘the best’, as was stated in the OP is so far from the truth. usually these people do very littly challenging content in order to keep up with their daily grind and most of the very high AP players, from my experiences, happen to be some of the absolute worst players I’ve ever grouped up with. makes me smile sometimes but not out of delight necessarily :p

Xia.3485

OK, now read the thread title and the rest of the OP. Doing every PvE and PvP daily takes somewhere between 3 and 5 hours, depending on soloQ.

Personally I’ve never spent time doing the sPvP ones. But clearing all the PvE and WvW achievements isn’t a 3 hour adventure. Especially the WvW ones, around reset there is always a good zerg going on in guild to clear those quick for both days.

sPvP can be long depending on personal skill level.

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Well, to start with, not everyone is the same, some have more time to spare than others. Just do what you can do and don’t worry about anyone else^^.
As for the posters decrying others who happen to have lots of AP, but happened to have an off day, and didn’t measure up to their expectations, careful someone doesn’t point out your shortcomings, we all have them.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

If it takes you 3 hours to do a daily, you’re doing it wrong.

1 hour, tops. 30 minutes for me.

Think he’s saying to do all dailies, all PvP, and all PvE ones. ~3 is about right depending on the categories. For the base 4 PvP dailies it is 45min minimum. To do all depends on if you win your solo/team tournie matches. Let’s face it you won’t win 100% of the time.

The 5 PvE dailies can be done in 15-20min, regardless of which ones they are if you know the best spots. To do all of the additional ones of course depends, but you can figure at minimum another hour. That’s 2hrs for all categories assuming everything goes perfectly, but that’s not the norm. 3 hours is a better estimate, and longer if you don’t feel like going at 100% pace the entire session.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

For some unknown reason I’m compelled every day after supper to do my dailies, I only do the minimum to get the rewards and I do pick and choose the easiest ones for me depending on the area and content, might take 30 min at the most then I move on to something more interesting, but I have to do them every day if for no other reason then to get laurals…..doing every one just for the AP is kinda’ OCD isn’kitten