Everyone just relax.

Everyone just relax.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Asthenea.1546

Asthenea.1546

So to my knowledge, Tequatl has been defeated a couple of times and once in overflow. Why is everyone calling for nerfs? I’m really just confused here. It seems that the servers that learn to coordinate and strategize are figuring out how to get it.

It’s funny how people are asking for hard content, and are given it, then complain that it’s too kitten

another note, when’s the last time you have seen so much excitement in the Guild Wars 2 community? Not since launch. I feel like this is a great step in the right direction for this game! Thanks for the challenge Anet!

(edited by Asthenea.1546)

Everyone just relax.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

On GW2 release some dungeons were harder than now.
People now cry for content being too easy but when it is hard they cry it’s too hard.

Everyone just relax.

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

Dude i don’t care about tequatl being hard i want greater rewards…..GREAT LOOT NOT greens and blues.I want tequatl to drop me a legendary that way ill be happy

Everyone just relax.

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

Isn’t “Everyone just relax” usually followed by “and you’ll get out of here alive”? Uh-oh…

That said I broadly agree. We’ll have a better idea of whether the DPS requirement is too high in a few days. Someone suggested to me that a lore-appropriate “nerf” is likely given Rox is finding out more about these dragons, and thus may work out how to better defeat them.

Everyone just relax.

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Invest in:
- One of the 3: Soldier gear, Sentinel gear, or Celestial gear.
- Superior Sigil of Bloodlust (Get 25 stacks before Teq comes)
- Food/nourishment items that give power (Sharpening stones, dragonfly cupcake, plate of steak and asparagus, etc)

Zerg:
- Range not melee
- Stack in one location
- Jump before the waves are near you
- Use support like shout heals and Empower

Turrets:
- use 2 on teq whenever recharge is done
- 3/4/5 on the zergballs whenever possible
- 1 when the rest is on cooldown

And there you have it. Teq is dead.

Raid Boss pugging…. lol. The only hard part about this fight is having everyone doing the above.

Seeing people get 1 hit by waves is hilariously bad.

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

Everyone just relax.

xephire.8324

Invest in:
- Food/nourishment items that give power (Sharpening stones, dragonfly cupcake, plate of steak and asparagus, etc)

Zerg:
- Range not melee
- Stack in one location

Turrets:

Raid Boss pugging…. lol. The only hard part about this fight is having everyone doing the above.

Theres another way hit tequatl a few times afk and get rez.once its down you grab the loot.

Everyone just relax.

Asthenea.1546

Invest in:

Zerg:
- Range not melee
- Stack in one location

Turrets:

I think when the majority of people learn what the hell is going on, well see way more TQ kills. I don’t really think everyone needs super gear and all that, if they did why would they put it in a 65 zone?

All of that stuff you said is not unreasonable for a Pug to complete. Not at all.

Oh and if you watch the video of one of the servers completing it, they are all getting rolled by the waves. Literally no one jumped, And they still beat it.

Everyone just relax.

xephire.8324

Invest in:

Zerg:
- Range not melee
- Stack in one location

Turrets:

I think when the majority of people learn what the hell is going on, well see way more TQ kills. I don’t really think everyone needs super gear and all that, if they did why would they put it in a 65 zone?

All of that stuff you said is not unreasonable for a Pug to complete. Not at all.

Oh and if you watch the video of one of the servers completing it, they are all getting rolled by the waves. Literally no one jumped, And they still beat it.

There is a dev that favorites black gate and wanted to make sure Tequatl can be beaten so that everyone else believe they had a chance of winning.The dev was within and he was dealing heaps of damage and tequatl’s hp was reduced.

Everyone just relax.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Invest in:

Zerg:
- Range not melee
- Stack in one location

Turrets:

Theres another way hit tequatl a few times afk and get rez.once its down you grab the loot.

sorry not- that is a horrible attitude to have and makes it very hard for people who actually try to complete the fight.

Kinda like the people who port in at the last moments before he spawns and asks where dragon? where chest? hey what’s this turret- wheeee.
Hours of careful planning down the drain right there -_-

Still – I do love this content

Gunnar’s Hold

Everyone just relax.

Morrigan.2809

Invest in:

Zerg:
- Range not melee
- Stack in one location

Turrets:

There is a dev that favorites black gate and wanted to make sure Tequatl can be beaten so that everyone else believe they had a chance of winning.The dev was within and he was dealing heaps of damage and tequatl’s hp was reduced.

I would like you to say that to the face of someone from Blackgate- they deserved that kill.
Teq has gone down several times on multiple servers including Overflow.
Wow those devs are just busy aren’t they ;P

Gunnar’s Hold

Everyone just relax.

xephire.8324

Invest in:

Zerg:
- Range not melee
- Stack in one location

Turrets:

sorry not- that is a horrible attitude to have and makes it very hard for people who actually try to complete the fight.

Kinda like the people who port in at the last moments before he spawns and asks where dragon? where chest? hey what’s this turret- wheeee.

It’s not a horrible attitude, its call playing smart, why do the work when the work is being done for you.

Everyone just relax.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Or how ’bout uh
Guest to a server still trying to get teq for the first time and trying hard
Get in position – make it in out of overflow
Hit teq a few times
Pull back, find a safe spot
Go AFK – relax
Wait for teq to fail (you know, like with Scarlet?)
Collect/farm your dailies requirement.

Everyone just relax.

Morrigan.2809

Invest in:

Zerg:
- Range not melee
- Stack in one location

Turrets:

It’s not a horrible attitude, its call playing smart, why do the work when the work is being done for you.

I think the word you are looking for here is leech

Gunnar’s Hold

Everyone just relax.

Asthenea.1546

Invest in:

Zerg:
- Range not melee
- Stack in one location

Turrets:

Are you seriously trying to say that there is a company wide conspiracy to make sure that the blackgate server kills him first? Are you actually trying to suggest that right now?

Everyone just relax.

xephire.8324

Invest in:

Zerg:
- Range not melee
- Stack in one location

Turrets:

Are you seriously trying to say that there is a company wide conspiracy to make sure that the blackgate server kills him first? Are you actually trying to suggest that right now?

Yup and they create gold selling websites themselves so they can fill their thick fat coffer while appearing to fight against those sites.

Everyone just relax.

xephire.8324

Invest in:

Zerg:
- Range not melee
- Stack in one location

Turrets:

I think the word you are looking for here is leech

No its opportunity

Everyone just relax.

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

Dude i don’t care about tequatl being hard i want greater rewards…..GREAT LOOT NOT greens and blues.I want tequatl to drop me a legendary that way ill be happy

The reason they can’t do that is because of the way loot works in GW2. Everyone can’t be eligible for loot… which they currently are.

They need a way to make world event bosses like this “taggable” so that only the organizing group qualifies for super rare/elite rewards, and the rest of the contributors still get access to the same loot they do now.

Everyone just relax.

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

The reason they can’t do that is because of the way loot works in GW2. Everyone can’t be eligible for loot… which they currently are.

They need a way to make world event bosses like this “taggable” so that only the organizing group qualifies for super rare/elite rewards, and the rest of the contributors still get access to the same loot they do now.

They need to not do that.

That would be the drama-bomb from hell. Servers would explode. It would be amazing.

Everyone just relax.

Daywolf.2630

That would be the drama-bomb from hell. Servers would explode. It would be amazing.

I still think that they would be better off adding/buffing pre events that with participation add to the players chance for loot on the final boss event. Like last night, 100 people standing around the SB spawn point, no one lifting a finger to actually do the pre, but lots of dancing going on there until someone does.

That’s not even counting situations where that 100 show up at the last minute of the boss fight to get a whack in, then complain how easy it is. Yeah, they do nothing other than hit it a few times and collect full rewards, and then complain. So Anet listened to them, make the boss harder, while they still want nothing to do with actually getting the thing to spawn.

Everyone just relax.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

On GW2 release some dungeons were harder than now.
People now cry for content being too easy but when it is hard they cry it’s too hard.

I think it’s more when content is hard, a group cries that it’s too hard. When it’s easy, an entirely different group cries that it’s too easy.

You’d THINK that each group would be able to say, “Ya know, not EVERYTHING can be for me,” but nope. If every update doesn’t give them they specifically want, then the whole game is terrible, Arena.net isn’t listening, and they’re gonna quit, kitten it!

Everyone just relax.

Morrigan.2809

I still think that they would be better off adding/buffing pre events that with participation add to the players chance for loot on the final boss event. Like last night, 100 people standing around the SB spawn point, no one lifting a finger to actually do the pre, but lots of dancing going on there until someone does.

That’s not even counting situations where that 100 show up at the last minute of the boss fight to get a whack in, then complain how easy it is. Yeah, they do nothing other than hit it a few times and collect full rewards, and then complain. So Anet listened to them, make the boss harder, while they still want nothing to do with actually getting the thing to spawn.

Shadow Behemoth has become a personal vedetta for me- every single time I go there you have people camping the spawn point complaining how he is always late.

A certain commander that will remain nameless goes on and on about how he should hurry and which event will they do next.
Every single time I ask if anyone has checked on Kryta waypoint to see what is up with the brew shipment.
Every single time I get ignored and I go there to either find the kegs stolen by centaurs, in the process of being stolen or Brenda just standing there by herself humming.

I do this by myself to get the pre-events to come up- every time.
I have given up explaining the chain.
They do not care.

When I get the escort almost to the finish line and the pres come up., they might ask if it takes longer than a min if anyone is bothering with the pre events.
When he spawns they go whoo- hoo at last and joke in map for the whole 2 min it takes to kill him and then they complain about their loot.

Absolutely people need to get some kind of contribution tagging to an event chain.

Gunnar’s Hold

Everyone just relax.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The problem regarding Shadow Behemoth for me is mainly that the Pre-Event is too far away, so nobody goes there because they fear that Behe is already dead when they finally reach him.

Its also mostly not even visible on the map if you are at his spawnpoint.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Everyone just relax.

Morrigan.2809

The problem regarding Shadow Behemoth for me is mainly that the Pre-Event is too far away, so nobody goes there because they fear that Behe is already dead when they finally reach him.

Its also mostly not even visible on the map if you are at his spawnpoint.

The only pre event that is far away is the Tamini one.

It takes a second to press M, to see where the pre-events are if you do not know

I hope they rework Shadow Behemoth completely- make him an absolute brute.
I will cheer the day he wipes the floor with everyone.

Before anyone says that will be bad for on level players- they cannot get enough damage now before he dies to get credit.
If they rework him, they could be ressed if they go down and get credit for an actual kill because there is an actual fight to contribute to.

Gunnar’s Hold

Everyone just relax.

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

Gotta be my favorite conspiracy theory yet.

You hear that Blackgate? To hell with your all-day strategizing, ANet hit the win button for you.

Everyone just relax.

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

I for one love the challenge the new Tequatl gives. It’s amazing that it is incredibly challenging Oh yea, what is the loot when you kill him?

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Everyone just relax.

Daywolf.2630

The only pre event that is far away is the Tamini one.

It takes a second to press M, to see where the pre-events are if you do not know

I hope they rework Shadow Behemoth completely- make him an absolute brute.
I will cheer the day he wipes the floor with everyone.

Before anyone says that will be bad for on level players- they cannot get enough damage now before he dies to get credit.
If they rework him, they could be ressed if they go down and get credit for an actual kill because there is an actual fight to contribute to.

And what’s funny is that the pre-event is harder for two than SB is for 100. I was waiting on the pre-event last night, so running with my tag on through the champs which doing that means I usually hit oak on the circuit and find the pre starting. So as soon as I hit the WP I call it out and I’m lucky to have one or two that WP’d with me right away from the last champ, I jump right in. It’s the only time I ever see anyone downed and me at half health – at least last night (full gear 80 with ascended trinks). So many times doing SB, hardly recall anyone being downed, maybe apart from low level characters.

Half the time, after finishing that, I’m headed to SB, but no one is across up at the trolls and so I run across the whole swamp, up the hill, and do that myself. lol then it’s run back to swamp kitten already has damage. Once though, with a whole lot of people waiting on SB, and me calling out pre, I had to do all pre events solo lol. And they actually waited there for one person to do all the pre events for them. Just lol

I do agree though, SB itself should be beefed up some, at least +50% hp and dmg. But more so I’d like to see anet increase the pre-event difficulty, then add the success of that to the final chest % for better loot. Or at the % it is now, but nerfing the % to those that didn’t get/contribute a success on the pre-event/s.

Ever play that game whack-a-mole when you were a kid? That’s what they doin So they make the mole harder, but still they will be dissatisfied no matter what they do since it’s still just a kids game. But if they gotta move around doing pre-events, working to get the boss to show, they are not just WP’ing from one spot to another putting some hits on a immobile mole popping it’s head out of a hole in the terrain.

Everyone just relax.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

I’m for increasing the rewards……with the side-effect of having to earn them.
You should get a reward based on contribution to the event. This could be determined a number of ways – doing pre-event chains leading up to, % of boss up time that you do damage (so you can’t come in when boss is at 5% and get best reward), number of landed hits, and so on.
The current situation of people running in and tagging and doing little to nothing else is ridiculous, especially the ones who do no pre-events but have the balls to complain how long it takes for other people to do them.
Tagging and doing nothing should get you the lowest drop table, less chance for anything good (maybe no guaranteed rare at all). Its not a good system IMO and makes for very lazy players who will do the absolute minimum. Its the players choice to do…but they should get less for that choice.
People who do pre-events and contribute the most should get more and better rewards.

Everyone just relax.

Posted by: Aycee.9162

Aycee.9162

Someone has their tinfoil hat on a little too tight.

Everyone just relax.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

SB, Maw, FE and Jungle Wurm should have changed to have fail able pre events, not buffed to insane HP levels so that the lazy band wagoners have even more time to arrive and tag the event.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Everyone just relax.

Daywolf.2630

FE did change already. Have done it twice since it’s change (I do it every single day). It’s a little two hard …or I’m doing it a little too late with less people available (forget it after midnight flat out). Still not enough contributing to the pre, and it only gets done because of the zerg that comes in at the end, after all those that were there for the pre already died once or twice. It’s a bit stupid. My corpse literally gets trampled by the incoming zerg, then I gotta WP again, form the bridge outside the room! They don’t bother to revive anyone, even an ele that managed to get to a safe spot for a revive.

As for % on DPS, I’d rather just see participation form the pre to the boss, and even people doing less DPS but providing heals and revives if that’s what they prefer to do. There is already too much DPS in this game. Just being bigger whackers

(edited by Daywolf.2630)

Everyone just relax.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Honestly, I find the new Teq sorta humorous. It’s true, this is a game and people need to lighten up because it’s just one boss that is meant to be a terror; ez mode farm is still available elsewhere. It’s not like your server implodes and your character gets deleted if you can’t beat him.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Everyone just relax.

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Teq will become Jormag v2. Several phases, AOE that comes in waves, required weapons to bring down shield, lots of health etc. Eventually everyone will find a universal safe spot where the zerg stacks and others will protect the golems…i mean cannons.

There is 1 major oversight on Anets part that may result in big complaints. For jormag there are tons of people attacking the shield and anyone can pick up a gun. On teq there are only 6 powerful cannons, if a small group of people start trolling then that’s it, teq will fail. There’s too much dependence on the cannons right now and in the next few days, weeks or months someone will probably decide to screw over teq.

Everyone just relax.

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

“I’m as mad as hell and I’m not gonna take this anymore!!!!”

(Just kidding, movie reference)