Everytime I want to buy from gemstore...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Will.9785

Will.9785

… the item(s) I want are gone! And it needs to stop. Seriously.

Some people, like myself, like to take their time to consider their purchases rather than just spend money hand over fist (although I’m sure ANet would like that).

But seriously, everytime I get myself to a point where I want to buy something from the store its gone. It never fails.

The latest would be the shattered bloodstone glider and the unbound magic gathering tools. Both gone. So now I have to wait god knows how long for them to come back and by then I might feel differently about them… so ANet is out like $40 or whatever it would have cost.

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

No, you just need to make a decision in a more timely manner. You can’t get mad at a business because you can’t make up your mind. If you are already aware of how the system works, then the onus is on YOU to act.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I am not sure that I can agree with the complaint, “because I waited I now have to wait,”

But I do hope that your desired items return soon.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They’ve been doing for years so you should know that nothing is permanent and that if you want it you should decide to get it. If you need time to decide, most items are up there for several days at the minimum or they have a timer saying X hours left. You should be able to make your decision by within one or 2 days, well before it’s removed. If you can’t decide within 2 or 3 days, you didn’t really want it.

In addition you should buy gems beforehand if you’re going to buy gems with gold. Either buy a few daily or save up and watch the gem prices and get them when they’re cheap. Waiting till the last minute to buy gems with gold means you’re not going to get a good deal.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Wow, those are “new” items and sure didn’t stick around long. Especially considering they are themed for the current story, of which we’re still in the midst of. I’m not in-game, but assume you’ve looked at more than just the promotions tab?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I can confirm the unbound tools are gone. I do recall a GW2 Twitter tweet recently about “only 48 more hours” but as I had already bought them I didn’t note the exact timing.

Posted by: Bridget Morrigan.1752

Bridget Morrigan.1752

“Limited time offer” is a standard sales practice. ANet hardly invented it, and it must pay off or companies wouldn’t keep using it.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

How many days do you need to decide? O_o

They are convenient items. Nice to have but in no way are they necessary. If you are in a situation where you need days to consider then you probably shouldn’t be wasting your money on these.

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

“Limited time offer” is a standard sales practice. ANet hardly invented it, and it must pay off or companies wouldn’t keep using it.

I don’t agree with it, but I’m sure that’s their logic.

I guess they think people will buy now rather than risk it not being available later.

Obviously…that strategy did not work on OP……..and not me. I’m a procrastinator….lol.

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Seriously!

Go read my thread about my gem store ideas I posted just the other day.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

Anet has an enormous catalogue of items which need to be cycled through. If everything stayed up all the time then it would be difficult for items to catch the buyers’ eyes. New items would be drowned out, and older items would become stale.

To make sure that sales are maintained and its customers are presented with an updated catalogue, Anet constantly moves things in and out of the store. They even give count-down timers up to seven days in advance for when items are leaving.

Here is a listing of items which are scheduled to leave soon, though you can get the same information in-game: User:Incarnazeus/Gem Store Watch

If you’d like to see the turnover Anet needs to do with their catalogue to keep their listings bearable for their customers:

PS: If anyone is interested in helping the wiki track which items are on sale and at what price, please leave a message on this talk page.

PPS: Here’s the full back-catalogue of items. Imagine having to wade through all that to find something special.

G R E E N E R

(edited by Greener.6204)

Posted by: Will.9785

Will.9785

Here’s the thing. Its 2017. Steam is a thing that exists and it has WAY more stuff than ANET could put out in a lifetime.

There is no reason why they can’t make everything available and then feature certain items on the tabs. Like you could have 3 tiers. Tier 1 would be the front page of the store. Tier 2 would be the tabs. Tier 3 would be the search function (i.e. if you know the name of the item you should be able to purchase it).

Stuff that is in tiers 1 and 2 would be on sale and stuff in tier 3 would not be – but it would be there for folks who don’t want to wait.

This wouldn’t cost them hardly a thing. They can use the same UI. They just need to make the old items searchable/purchasable.

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

Every game I’ve played that has a store manages to have everything they sell (considerably more items than Anet) available at all times, excepting seasonal items. Anet needs to bring their store UI into the 21st century.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

FWIW, gw2timer.com has a tool to alert you when things return to the gem store. Since that is driven off the API, I’m sure other things out there offer the same facility by now, too, if you dislike that website.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Like the OP, I take the time to make sure I need something, or really want something, in the store before making the purchase. Many times the items go off sale before I try to buy.

To me, this is Anets loss. I know those items will come back eventually but that leaves Anet with nothing till the items resurface and the value of gems is likely to increase. Cosmetics, which most shop items are, don’t affect game play so It’s not like I need to buy right away.

I simply don’t see a better solution to the issue at the time.

Posted by: TheHolyPug.8314

TheHolyPug.8314

It’s just like when McDonalds has the MCRIB! I finaly get around to going to get one and they don’t sell them anymore!! /cry

Posted by: Jinath.1298

Jinath.1298

Oh well, I can always take my money elsewhere…like Amazon.com
If Anet only wants to have something in their store for a very short limited time, that is their choice.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I suggest that anyone who keeps missing an item check out this app. It should let you set an alarm and tell you when something arrives on the gemstore.

(Copy and paste)
http://gw2timer.com/?page=Account&section=Gem

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Scellow.1596

Scellow.1596

Items that are gone from the shop should be obtainable directly in game, put them as reward from killing certain World Event Boss so we can only try our change every hours

That will give something for people to look forward instead of getting bored of getting crafting materials or junk items

C’mon ANET you can do it!

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Oh well, I can always take my money elsewhere…like Amazon.com
If Anet only wants to have something in their store for a very short limited time, that is their choice.

Wait, what? So because aNet does not offer a certain item anymore just because soemone takes several days to consider investing €5/$5, you rather rage-spend it at Amazon?

I work in a grocery store and it’s daily business people coming at the very last day of the bargain 1 hour before we close and rage at us for not having all colours in stock anymore. What is wrong with you? The more access to information you have, the less you use it or what? xD

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: Tigerfangs.5018

Tigerfangs.5018

It’s just like when McDonalds has the MCRIB! I finaly get around to going to get one and they don’t sell them anymore!! /cry

Now Im sad I dont have a Mcrib!

But on topic I have had the same thing happen to me with the gem store. All I can say is the items will probably return at some point (as I missed quite a few things but was patient for them to return)
It also says how long the items are usually available or when they are about to leave so I would always watch for that so you dont miss items.

iNSaNiTY…The weight of the air is torture,PSYCHoPaTHY,Don’t know who I am anymore

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Items that are gone from the shop should be obtainable directly in game, put them as reward from killing certain World Event Boss so we can only try our change every hours

That will give something for people to look forward instead of getting bored of getting crafting materials or junk items

C’mon ANET you can do it!

And then ANet goes out of business because the Gem Shop creates monthly cash flow. We all know if an item is available in game from a certain event then nobody will ever buy it from the Gem Shop.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes