Evon Gnashblade needs an LA honor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Evon is Love Evon is Life

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

We could ask Anet to name the center of Lion’s Arch “Evon’s Circle”.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

If you want your goods back, you can always visit a Black Lion representative in any major city, and collect it from the tab in the lower left of your screen.

Evon runs a reliable business. He only asks for 15% of the proceeds as payment for using the Trading Post.

Now, ask what happened to the stolen goods held by Aetherblades which were recovered by Evon’s people during the election. They weren’t returned, they were instead liquidated to fund the campaign.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Knowing Kiel would resort to underhanded method to win the election, Evon knew that he’d need a large campaign warchest. Stealing Gold from the Aetherblade pirates helps to deprive Scarlet’s minions from funds needed to maintain their large fleet of airships. Being the smart charr that he is, Evon killed two birds with one stone. He dealt a financial blow to the enemy, while helping his cause when running for Captain’s Council.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Knowing Kiel would resort to underhanded method to win the election, Evon knew that he’d need a large campaign warchest. Stealing Gold from the Aetherblade pirates helps to deprive Scarlet’s minions from funds needed to maintain their large fleet of airships. Being the smart charr that he is, Evon killed two birds with one stone. He dealt a financial blow to the enemy, while helping his cause when running for Captain’s Council.

He then later helped his cause by blackmailing Hero-o-Tron.

I’m always a little suspicious of those who “help themselves” by theft, running away from danger, and blackmail. Sooner or later it starts to tarnish the reputation, except of course from those who admire theft, cowardliness, and blackmail.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Is it worth noting we weren’t even aware of the Aetherblades being a chunk of Scarlet’s minions until much later when she brought them to heel during the Clockwork Chaos events?

No? Well, there’s still the more notable point about Evon. He has behaved more akin to a human than the charr he is, and has completely forgotten why he turned gladium in the first place. For that alone, it’s a rather questionable assertion that faith put in him to stand by his supporters will be repaid.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Is it worth noting we weren’t even aware of the Aetherblades being a chunk of Scarlet’s minions until much later when she brought them to heel during the Clockwork Chaos events?

No? Well, there’s still the more notable point about Evon. He has behaved more akin to a human than the charr he is, and has completely forgotten why he turned gladium in the first place. For that alone, it’s a rather questionable assertion that faith put in him to stand by his supporters will be repaid.

Not sure what you’re going on about. Evon is still the Legionnaire of the Gnash warband. The Black Lion Trading Post is, technically, part of the Ash Legion.

Evon Gnashblade

“Nay! The same principles apply to both trade and combat! A stout heart and sufficient supplies will always carry the day! I love the smell of commerce in the morning!”

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

Every chest of Aetherblade loot Kiel retrieved, she returned to the original owners the Aetherblades stole from. She rebuked the one subordinate who suggested otherwise.

Also, EVERY single “vote bribe” that dropped throughout that entire election carried Evon’s name.

I’m not going to voice my personal opinions on Ellen Kiel or Evon Gnashblade here. I could. At length. But I won’t; not here and now. I’m just laying out the facts of the events that did occur. I will let people draw their conclusions based on these actions.

I do, however, have one unrelated question: How is Evon’s right-hand sylvari doing? I haven’t seen Sareb in ages.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Not sure what you’re going on about. Evon is still the Legionnaire of the Gnash warband. The Black Lion Trading Post is, technically, part of the Ash Legion.

A warband which isn’t anywhere to be seen or heard from, which we only have Evon’s word on what happened. If you’re going to deride Kiel as questionable (at best), you should look to your own patron as well.

I understand he has the employ of a particular golemite which is a well-known criminal to the Seraph. One does become led to wonder why . . . especially since said golemite is also a known associate of Scarlet Briar, the individual responsible for the state Lion’s Arch is in.

. . . one does wonder.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Ah, yes, the Hero of the assualt on Lions Arch.

While chaos and infidels of every stripe and color were slaughtering the denizens of the city, Gnashblade bravely led his team of dolyaks to safety , boldly shutting the gate behind him so that no marauding women or children could follow to wreak havoc on their peaceful tails. With mere leagues between him and the destruction, Evon waxed wroth, valiantly cursing their mothers in hushed tones (because he is nothing if not polite) and raining a blistering shower of invective on Scarlet’s hordes.

Our monument to Evon needn’t be extravagant. We only need to sculpt his tail section (out of pure brass) protruding from a glowing purple disc, with the inscription, “OUTTA MY WAY, PEASANTS!”

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

Sariel V.7024

It’d be inaccurate. Mai Trin was hinting at a connection with Scarlet since she was locked up.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It’d be inaccurate. Mai Trin was hinting at a connection with Scarlet since she was locked up.

And we had no idea who that was at the time, either. Nor was Scarlet directly leading them any more than she was the other prong of her minions we already knew about with some veiled comments.

Smooth Penguin.5294

A warband which isn’t anywhere to be seen or heard from, which we only have Evon’s word on what happened. If you’re going to deride Kiel as questionable (at best), you should look to your own patron as well.

I understand he has the employ of a particular golemite which is a well-known criminal to the Seraph. One does become led to wonder why . . . especially since said golemite is also a known associate of Scarlet Briar, the individual responsible for the state Lion’s Arch is in.

. . . one does wonder.

Said golemite was enslaved by Scarlet, and wasn’t responsible for the destruction by the Aetherblades. That said, Evon employed Hobo-tron because he’s like his son. He went and used money out of his own pocket to upgrade Hobo-tron into Hero-tron.

Posted by: Arachnaas.2093

Arachnaas.2093

I’m all for it. I’m sure Evon would be happy to cut the ribbon on the wonder of the Gnashblade public toilets, or the stirring scenery of the Evonflight Landfill.

Let’s just hang the guy.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Said golemite was enslaved by Scarlet, and wasn’t responsible for the destruction by the Aetherblades. That said, Evon employed Hobo-tron because he’s like his son. He went and used money out of his own pocket to upgrade Hobo-tron into Hero-tron.

Well as we noted earlier, he used money out of the Aetherblades’ pockets, which was money out of innocents’ pockets, to do that.

But why let a little thing like the truth get in the way of good ol-fashioned propaganda?

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I’m curious what Kiel’s plan would have been if Evon wasn’t there during the attack.
No weapons or supplies, LA would have fallen due to her poor decisions had Evon not been there to pick up the slack.

It was clear she had no real strategy than to confiscate his goods because Lion’s Arch was sooooooooo well defended thanks to her throwing Lionguard all over Tyria.

Also, he was the reason “Hero-Tron” even got “Hero” attached to his name due to his upgrades.

Evon was pretty much the only NPC that wasn’t blind to the Scarlet attack, hell even the Pact didn’t even raise a finger and Trahearne felt that after several of Scarlet’s attacks at major places that she wasn’t a threat.

During all that, still had his services up and running for other heroes to utilize for their needs and emergencies even during such a chaotic time.

Tsk, with people accusing him of sneaky practices of “blackmailing” Hero-tron when such practices are what keeps him up to date on foolish decisions of the Captain’s Council and prepared for when disaster strikes due to such incompetence.

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m curious what Kiel’s plan would have been if Evon wasn’t there during the attack.
No weapons or supplies, LA would have fallen due to her poor decisions had Evon not been there to pick up the slack.

It was clear she had no real strategy than to confiscate his goods because Lion’s Arch was sooooooooo well defended thanks to her throwing Lionguard all over Tyria.

Also, he was the reason “Hero-Tron” even got “Hero” attached to his name due to his upgrades.

Evon was pretty much the only NPC that wasn’t blind to the Scarlet attack, hell even the Pact didn’t even raise a finger and Trahearne felt that after several of Scarlet’s attacks at major places that she wasn’t a threat.

During all that, still had his services up and running for other heroes to utilize for their needs and emergencies even during such a chaotic time.

Tsk, with people accusing him of sneaky practices of “blackmailing” Hero-tron when such practices are what keeps him up to date on foolish decisions of the Captain’s Council and prepared for when disaster strikes due to such incompetence.

You know, there’s a good point here. I’m not a rabid supporter of Evon, but I do have to admit that he’s always there when we need him.

He’s underhanded and ruthless, but when we need him to be doing his job, he always is. Even Kiel knows that, and that’s why she knew he would have the supplies the Lionguard needed in the crisis. Even when the center of his operations had fallen, it had it under control.

There’s something to be said for that. He’s not a good guy, but he’s a reliable one.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Well as we noted earlier, he used money out of the Aetherblades’ pockets, which was money out of innocents’ pockets, to do that.

But why let a little thing like the truth get in the way of good ol-fashioned propaganda?

Evon didn’t steal from anyone innocent. He took loot from the Aetherblades. It was basically a pirate stealing from a pirate. Evon was fully compliant with pirate code of conduct.

Sariel V.7024

That’s the thing I don’t get about Evon’s supporters. He is far more effective NOT on the Council. As a scheming pirate in every sense but name, he’s a perfect fit with the rest of the captains, and probably would be more comfortable with them than a reformer like Kiel. But the position brings three major setbacks: rules, dependents, and visibility. Not only is he not interested in the welfare of the people, being on the council would hamper him getting anything accomplished for himself.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

That’s the thing I don’t get about Evon’s supporters. He is far more effective NOT on the Council. As a scheming pirate in every sense but name, he’s a perfect fit with the rest of the captains, and probably would be more comfortable with them than a reformer like Kiel. But the position brings three major setbacks: rules, dependents, and visibility. Not only is he not interested in the welfare of the people, being on the council would hamper him getting anything accomplished for himself.

That’s an excellent point!
I will just have to settle for supporting his fantastic business. (And all the latest fashions!)

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Smooth Penguin.5294

Not only is he not interested in the welfare of the people,

Blasphemy! This is just more misinformation to smear the name of a great charr. Evon cares about the citizens of LA. Why else would he risk his life to stand up for them against his former Legionnaire?

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

EVON FOR SURPREME DICTATOR OF LION’S ARCH!!!!

Waves Evon campaign flag

If we had voted Evon, we would have the funds to power Super Adventure Box! Every Black’s Lion chest would have dropped a scrap! Lion’s Arch would have survived!

But its not too late! We can still rally up our supporters and ask for a FAIR election this time, and Evon wil surely win! Then we can form a secret Gnash-police, ash legion style to usurp the corrupt and evil Council!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Evon didn’t steal from anyone innocent. He took loot from the Aetherblades. It was basically a pirate stealing from a pirate. Evon was fully compliant with pirate code of conduct.

So, Evon’s a pirate. You heard it here. There’s a standard “monument” for pirates in most places, called a gallows.

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

So, Evon’s a pirate. You heard it here. There’s a standard “monument” for pirates in most places, called a gallows.

Not in Lion’s arch, the city of pirates lead by a council of pirates!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I approve the idea of a gallows for Evon

#votegallowsforEvon

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

It’s safe to say that Lion’s Arch isn’t like most places.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It’s safe to say that Lion’s Arch isn’t like most places.

Except maybe Third Orleans.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Pictures of Evon: making some mistakes while keeping “many steps ahead of the enemy” when trying to remember where the Asuran portal was.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Smooth Penguin.5294

If we had voted Evon, we would have the funds to power Super Adventure Box!

Hold the presses. You mean a vote for Evon is a vote for SAB??? I would pay Gems to vote for Evon!!!

Attachments:

Posted by: Vech.7396

Vech.7396

The only thing Evon needs in the new LA is a prison cell.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Yeah, one to lock Kiel inside forever for her crimes against our world.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Smooth Penguin.5294

We need to throw her in jail… just like Cersei Lannister.

Posted by: Vech.7396

Vech.7396

Kiel is no saint either, but I stand by what I said, in fact Evons cell should be in open view ,maybe on wheels roll him around town. So we can throw throw rotten vegetables at him

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Kiel is no saint either, but I stand by what I said, in fact Evons cell should be in open view ,maybe on wheels roll him around town. So we can throw throw rotten vegetables at him

The only cells Evon deserves is our dead skin cells that rub off onto him when we hug him constantly.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Smooth Penguin.5294

The only cells Evon deserves is our dead skin cells that rub off onto him when we hug him constantly.

I real hero like Evon is used to such accolades, and doesn’t mind when his fur get’s messy from all those hugs.

Posted by: Ellewind.9640

Ellewind.9640

WHAT!? Statue!? In honor to the first Charr running at the hills maybe!

https://nypdecider.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/daredevil-ep8-flip-table.gif

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I real hero like Evon is used to such accolades, and doesn’t mind when his fur get’s messy from all those hugs.

If his slogan was “Evon! ~murr!” he might have won.

Smooth Penguin.5294

I would have preferred: “Capitalism, ho!!!”

Attachments:

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I would have preferred: “Capitalism, ho!!!”

Oh my . . . someone else making bank off the backs of adventurers!

:)

Tobias Trueflight.8350

We need to throw her in jail… just like Cersei Lannister.

. . . who? Sieran? Sure, I’m all game for that. She should definitely be prevented from being any more of a nuisance to the Priory.

Maybe it could be Marjory Delaqua or Kasmeer Meade for their own crimes.

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Ellen is blatantly behind all the issues in Tyria! I’ll never trust her! And you shouldn’t either!

EVON FOR LIFE!

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

i hate kiel, she only won the chair because poor people wanted reduces waypoint costs

Tobias Trueflight.8350

i hate kiel, she only won the chair because poor people wanted reduces waypoint costs

I think it’s more because people wanted Thaumanova, and her bonus was not going to be a temporary reduction quite as useless as a deal on Keys.

. . . Evon supporters, care to weigh in on his love of the RNG Boxes of Despair?