Evon deserves a new election

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

It’s that time again in America. Once again, we get to vote on who will be the next leader of the Free World. Since we Americans are all in a frenzy with elections coming up, perhaps it’s time for Anet to give the great Evon Gnashblade another shot at the Captain’s Council?

We can all agree that Kiel hasn’t lived up to expectations. Yes she did offer a temporary discount to WP costs (which probably helped her cheat win last time), but she’s also partly responsible for Lion’s Arch destruction. Had Evon been on the Captain’s Council seat, he would have had anti-aircraft turrets positioned to protect the innocent women and children from Scarlet’s attack.

The time has come Anet. Let us players put our voices to a vote. Impeach Ellen Kiel, and bring forth a new election!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

It’s that time again in America. Once again, we get to vote on who will be the next leader of the Free World. Since we Americans are all in a frenzy with elections coming up, perhaps it’s time for Anet to give the great Evon Gnashblade another shot at the Captain’s Council?

This game have player from all over the world. Be careful what you mean “we” when address GW2 player. And even if address only American be careful when you say how think about thing when say “we”. You do not speak for everyone in GW2 or America.

Real world politic should not have affect on GW2 game or influence such thing. .

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Evon is still around?

Let’s elect him to the position of Head Flea. That can both represent his calling as a blood sucking parasite and also how he fled ahead of the civilians during the fall of Lions Arch.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

Evon is a weird morally grey character, on the one hand he owns the black lion company and has made the largest trade profits in Tyria and was in part responsible for rebuilding LA, though it was generally his agenda to do so for his own gain.

Hes something of a morally dark grey schemer, his goal generally being his own benefits but on occasion he has helped others though mostly to further help himself.

I wouldnt call him a “blood sucking parasite” so much as a methodical pragmatist with unethical methods.

He cheats to win, but then so did Kiel, they’re both pirates, shes just morally light grey, though that doesnt mean she hasnt done questionable things. It is known after all the Lionguard take bribes and that means shes likely taken a few herself to keep the city funded.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well, if he’s going to run for an elected office, he’ll need a campaign tune that explains his position.

How about this one?

Let me tell you how it will be
There’s one for you, nineteen for me
Cos I’m the taxman, yeah, I’m the taxman

Should 15 per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don’t take it all
Cos I’m the taxman, yeah I’m the taxman

If you glide, I’ll tax your wings
If you try to sit, I’ll tax your seat
If you get too cold, I’ll tax the heat
If you take a walk, I’ll tax your feet

Taxman!
Cos I’m the taxman, yeah I’m the taxman

Don’t ask me what I want it for (Aahh Mr. Wilson)
If you don’t want to pay some more (Aahh Mr. Heath)

Now my advice for those who die
Declare the coppers on your eyes

And you’re working for no one but me

Taxman!

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

If they are responsible for LA rebuild, can we blame him for the lobster? If so why on earth would be vote for him?

Posted by: blueberry.2504

blueberry.2504

If its a unique vote, im all for it. If its only a farm of the most tokens, no thx :-) (like it was the last time) Im still convinced Evon got the most unique votes :-p

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

Im convinced kiel won unique account votes. Im going to base my belief on the outcome. Whats your basis?

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

SmoothPenguin, I like you, but I don’t agree that Evon should get a re-vote. Seriously they guy should have a sign that says “I only care about myself!” Evon is not evil, but he is selfish, and has made morally questionable decisions:

1. He killed his own legionnaire to establish his own business…….on the one hand we have the BLTC to buy stuff…….on the other hand “seriously?! why not come to a consensus or something?”
2. After Evon lost the votes, he’s been a sour loser ever since.
3. While Evon was in the right about Scarlet attack he literally SHUT DOWN an asura gate during an ATTACK ON THE CITY!!!! what did Evon gained for shutting down an exit?
4. After an attack its obvious the Captain’s Council would need all the help it could get, conscripting Evon as a merchant is completely logical, what does he do? complain complain.
5. It should be noted that when Heal-o-Tron requested Evon’s assistance, Evon was simply thinking about getting the attention of the Captain’s Council.
6. After Hero-Tron gets employed by said Council and promises to repay the charr, Evon blackmails the golem into being his spy. Who knows what the nasty Charr will do to the Lionguard?
7. After LA was rebuilt Evon strolls around the city he complains complains complains
8. “Curiously enough” Evon has a double who is surrounded by mercenaries

I’m telling you all, Evon cannot be trusted

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

We can all agree that Kiel hasn’t lived up to expectations. Yes she did offer a temporary discount to WP costs (which probably helped her cheat win last time), but she’s also partly responsible for Lion’s Arch destruction. Had Evon been on the Captain’s Council seat, he would have had anti-aircraft turrets positioned to protect the innocent women and children from Scarlet’s attack.

The time has come Anet. Let us players put our voices to a vote. Impeach Ellen Kiel, and bring forth a new election!

Kiel has done far better than Gnashblade could even dream of. Look at how he handles the gem shop! Nothing but complaints about the same skins in multiple colors.

If you want to impeach Kiel (and wow, she only delivered the one new fractal), let’s find a candidate actually worthy of our vote.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

As far as I understand it the Captains Council only elects new members when one of the existing ones dies or quits.

Also if I remember correctly it’s fairly unusual for them to involve the citizens of Lion’s Arch in their decision, let alone random travellers from other cities. Normally they elect their own members.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Ellen Kiel’s election was a failure. She wasn’t able to defend the city properly. She spent a ton of taxpayers’ money to rebuild the city, and all we got were some prebuilt buildings. She probably embezzled quite some gold for that, given that they had to bring them all into the city in haste.
Tixx even stopped coming into the city, leaving Lion’s Arch children without the joy of Wintersday. Despite all they’ve suffered.
Is this the future you want for this once prosperous town?
You can change it.
Support Evon Gnashblade.
Make Lion’s Arch Great Again!

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

I just want that Abaddon fractal we would have gotten with Evon. Also I hate Kiel. She annoys me.

Evon on the other hand is greedy and manipulative BUT he has contributed a lot to Lion’s Arch and knows that his company’s survival and profits are tied to keeping the city and it’s people safe.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Why is Kiel held responsible for everything that’s happened to Lion’s Arch since she was elected?

You people do realise there are 8 other members of the Captain’s Council, and Commodore Lawson Marriner is the official head of it right?

If you want to assume it mirrors American politics he’s the ‘president’ and the one who gets the blame for everything that happens while he’s in office.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”