Ex PVE player with a LOT of questions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lagrimabendita.8763

lagrimabendita.8763

Hi guys,

I am tempted to come back to play GW2. I left it after 6 months of the oficial launch because I was very disappoited with the GW2, in special with the PVE (I am PVE player and big big fan of GW1, it was the best game (MMORPG) I have played in my life), I found the GW2 high end PVE with only one thing to do: FARM and more FARM… Has the high end (pve) improved?

Another big “MEH” I found in this game when I used to play was the team game, play in a team was a chaos. Basically I felt im in a team but play alone with a lot of people running arround, there weren’t any big interaction with the rest of team (apart of the combos), everybody running, in other words, zero organization, strategy and very selfish play style, has it changed?

So then, I am wondering how is the current PVE? is it harder? there are more interesting stuff to do apart of farm and more farm?

How hard and intersted are the Raids? Are they harder or similar than WOW? or are they like a big dung and everybody running arround and playing alone

Thanks

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You are likely to get a range of answers on the forum, from ‘stay away’ to ‘come back, it’s great’.

Your best option is to load up the game, and find out for yourself.

Good luck.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

High end pve has improved, quite a lot
Anet has spend more resources (or better allocation of limited resources)
Hence we got new fractals, with challenge modes,
And raids, of which a few bosses have extra hard mode.

Other than that, pvp and wvw are a wreck, so only do that if you want a specific reward.

All else, the story of Living World Season 3 is just finished, so if you didnt log in at all since youll b missing that, sadly

Posted by: Derdhal.6908

Derdhal.6908

Open world: Now there are several metaevents in new maps with pre-events around the whole map, but they are basically what you call “play alone with a lot of people running around”. There are some mechanics but with zerg-style gameplay: you have to do this or that at this or that moment, but everybody around you must do the same thing. In fact GW2 was released with that premise of “you are travelling and discover an event, and you found other people doing it”. It was never suposed to have the team gameplay style of GW1 in open world (well… GW1 hasn’t real open world maps, it has a instance of the map just for your team, it’s not something you can call a real MMO).

Raids: They need some coordination and role-focused characters. So, you can find there that team gameplay style you want. No idea about harder/similar to WoW (I’ve never played WoW raids).

Anyway, this game has nothing of GW1 except the name and the lore. IMHO, If what you want is an “advanced version” of GW1, this is not. It’s other thing.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

FARM and more FARM…

you need to farm a lot in order to do crafting and cooking . and make good buffs and gear for your toons in guild wars 2

Has the high end (pve) improved?

that has gotten better your able to do it pretty easy and if you got magic find maxed out you get good drops

about your Another big “MEH

right now wvw and pvp is in disarray but far as world events or meta events they are not as bad long as you pay attention to what is going on at that world or meta event and read the wiki on doing that event most of the time the world meta events go pretty easy almost .

I am wondering how is the current PVE?

it is pretty good as it always has been even with the changes and adding bosses to maps that require more than one player to do them . trying to do it your self tho will not just work out tho so you got to watch map chats for when others do them and join in . . but you still need to farm node for crafting just like I said before .

How hard and interested are the Raids

you need to get arc DPS meter and craft ascended gear before you can raid
and be ready for gear checks of some sort and make sure you get into a guild offering training in raids . even tho you could make your own LFG group . oh and be ready for a lot of salt when your doing raids .

far as interested are the Raids
goes some like them while others do not do them or even care they in the game at all.
as thos that do not raid like me tend to enjoy other game types like pve and so forth

I think you know guild wars is not a thing even like guild wars2 or fashion wars2 as some call it . so their is some small things from guild wars that is semi useful other things not so much . that is even more true when it comes to pve guild wars2 is not a thing like guild wars at all was . and with all the updates and changes it still is noting at all like guild wars . it is far more better than guild wars and more fun . and this comes from some one that played guild wars from when it first came out .and still play it once in a blue moon

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Played a game for 6 month, left and now came back after 4+ years and you want a rundown of how things have changed from your limited perception?

They’ve changed a lot as well have not changed too much.

No one here can enumerate all the changes for you. and if you load up you’ll have to play more than 6 months and drop some gems on the store to get content that you missed out on had you been actively playing if you that much of a PvE player.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Endgame slightly improved. High level fractals require brains. Raids have decent difficulty until you learn how fights work. After that it is not harder than T4 fractals. The only problem with the current endgame is slow release pace. It is reeeaaaly slow.
Team play is mostly the same outside of guild groups or high level fractals and raids. It is still a bunch of people being alone together.

(edited by TheRandomGuy.7246)

Posted by: Zoria.1392

Zoria.1392

At present, there are more things to do “end game” and for some people there is no “end” as they continue to do the metas and go for event clears, boss clears, map clears, jumping puzzles and a large array of achievements in order to build legendary armor, accessories and weapons and complete class specific collections that use currency from all the Heart of Thorns and Season 3 maps and reward ascended weapons. There are mastery points to obtain that open up gliding and other specialties used in Heart of Thorns. There will be a new set coming out for Path of Fire and you don’t need Heart of Thorns, or it’s masteries to play Path of Fire.

In addition to the chaotic dungeons you didn’t like there are:

World bosses: May appear chaotic to a newcomer, but some of these have been around a long time, were taught and organized for a long time, and now players just know what to do to succeed. Others still require communication and there are guilds who organize them and put them in the Looking for Group for you join.

Fractals: These are like quick dungeons with only the end bosses. They are fights/mechanics you will learn in early levels and master at the higher levels. You level up in them— 1-100, need ascended items to play in— and in the higher tiers they add debuffs and other hurdles that frequently change to add variety and challenge. The highest tier gives nice rewards including ascended weapons/armors.

Raids: These are 10-man, can be played in exotic gear, and require team organization and communication. Like WOW there are unique mechanics to learn, special assignments and class specific roles.

Map Meta events: Not rigidly organized but some require leaders and a basic knowledge of what needs to be done. These will include large groups, full maps, up to 150 players.

Farm maps and map currencies that give ascended accessories, home instance nodes and other rewards. This is all ongoing whether you play the base/free game, or the new expansions.

Adventure games— little mini games you can do by yourself for mastery points, chests or just for fun.