Exactly how...

Exactly how...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

Is it a living expanding world when a lot of the veteran players are leaving the game and the borders of tyria are not expanding? Seems Like a dying diminishing world to me.

Exactly how...

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

I’m not sure where you’re getting statistics on players leaving the game, probably anecdotal hyperbole.

But yes, the borders haven’t expanded in a while.

Static would be a better word. Neither expanding nor diminishing seem to be accurate.

Exactly how...

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I don’t know but if veterans are leaving and you actually “expand the map”. The zone probably looks even more dead.

I think Anet just try to shift people from zone to zone and event to event. So more people will fit and group themself in to an area.

Exactly how...

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

You know people are leaving the game when servers are emptying.
With each new broken promise and now their false patch notes, this game’s player base IS diminishing.

Exactly how...

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

You know people are leaving the game when servers are emptying.
With each new broken promise and now their false patch notes, this game’s player base IS diminishing.

Eh no.

Our guild regularly invites new players to join and there is no shortage of new players on our server. What’s much more likely is that your on a low population server that has had people leave to go to other servers. And/or you have culling settings extremely low.

LA is always crowded prime time and people are shunted to multiple overflows, which right away disproves the player base is leaving in droves.

Just because you don’t see many people does not mean they are not still playing. You are just not seeing them, that is all.

Exactly how...

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

With each new broken promise

Broken promise? I don’t remember any broken promises.

and now their false patch notes

False patchnotes? What do you mean with that? Iirc, their patchnotes always were correct.

Exactly how...

Posted by: JohnnySupernova.9182

JohnnySupernova.9182

With each new broken promise

Broken promise? I don’t remember any broken promises.

and now their false patch notes

False patchnotes? What do you mean with that? Iirc, their patchnotes always were correct.

The fractured patch was pretty much nothing but broken promises, if you want something recent.

Exactly how...

JBDanger.2603

Exactly and for them to say its an expanding world is misleading considering they haven’t opened any new areas and didn’t give the players any insight as to when/if anything will. Seems like all they want to do is scare the players away rather than attract them due to all their un needed nerfs buffs and bugs.

Exactly how...

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I dont’ see too many point on opening up new zones. If people are already complaining about empy zones. Making it bigger will just make it worse.

Exactly how...

JBDanger.2603

Most of the fun comes from exploration for me at least. Gw2 has been out for 15 months and no areas have opened other than southsun. Its like being cooped up all winter and getting cabin fever. After a while you get sick of seeing the same 4 walls. And LS updates just adding different cosmetics to the same maps we’ve had. Much like painting, in the end, its still the same 4 walls your looking at. When spring arrives, you can go out, explore and see new things. This is the same with gw2, people want something to look at instead of the same maps.

Exactly how...

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

If we’re going to be really honest, all LS is, is just a way for them to put new crap in the gemstore and give more ways for useless AP’s.
Story and content is half kitten ’d

Exactly how...

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

It’s a shame they didn’t expand the amount of zones. After Southsun it seems they threw their toys out of the pram and the LS was born.

There are so many areas on the map that I was hoping would come to eventually be exploreable. Even some parts of the game with gates etc. that reek of new area later but not anymore

Exactly how...

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

If we’re going to be really honest, all LS is, is just a way for them to put new crap in the gemstore and give more ways for useless AP’s.
Story and content is half kitten ’d

It’s really all the game has come to.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Exactly how...

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

If you open the map in gw2, you can see around 4 different regions that cannot be explored. Crystal Desert being one of them. If you watch wooden potatoes on youtube, he explains that it might one day be opened up to players. It’s in one of his videos on the new wvw map, where the new map actually looks like crystal desert, hence the same assets in the map could be foreshadowing a crystal desert update.

Exactly how...

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Most people are sure that those areas would eventually open up as playable maps, but that only lasts so long. You do it once then it becomes painstakingly numb when you do the same thing over and over on your other characters. Having a new map isn’t and shouldn’t be completely exciting.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Exactly how...

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

A Living World doesn’t have to be an expanding world. Take the Earth. It’s living,. but it’s not expanding. It’s changing.

Last time I was in Kessex Hills, it had changed. Waypoints are gone. Hearts are different. There are new types of events. Foes there have different attacks.

And zones around there have different events as well (toxic offshoot events).

If the world evolves its a living world, whether it’s an expanding world or not.

Exactly how...

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Not broken promises? Did you see their MMO manifesto and played the game the last year?!

Melder – Thief

Exactly how...

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

Not broken promises? Did you see their MMO manifesto and played the game the last year?!

“We don’t make grindy games” was their first mistake; this game is all about grinding, whether it be dungeons, fractals, champions or others. Don’t even get me started on legendaries.

I try not to log in to grind; I just log in and do whatever I feel like, whether that be pvp, dungeons, or roleplaying. As they say, everything in moderation.

Exactly how...

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

As far as the Crystal Desert access issue, I’m sure others have noticed a very interesting poi just to the southeast of the Ebonhawke Stronghold. It’s a gate with two guards restricting access beyond. It’s a gate to the Crystal Desert!! Very exciting the first time I saw it so long ago, but I’m at least still hopeful.

Exactly how...

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

“We don’t make grindy games” was their first mistake; this game is all about grinding, whether it be dungeons, fractals, champions or others. Don’t even get me started on legendaries.

I try not to log in to grind; I just log in and do whatever I feel like, whether that be pvp, dungeons, or roleplaying. As they say, everything in moderation.

It’s the same with me. I try to PvP a lot since I hate grinding. The ascended and legendary gear is such a redicolous grind that, yeah… The devs sick love for the casual gamers and the guys who doesn’t want to l2p the game is just sickening. They wanted the PvP to be an e-sport, yet they cater to the casuals. They have absolutely no idea what they’re doing, which is sad, because this game has so much potential!

Melder – Thief

Exactly how...

Vayne.8563

We don’t make grindy games isn’t in the manifesto. It was definitely said, however. What was also said (and people seem to ignore this), is that there would be things to grind for for people who enjoy that play style. What there wouldn’t be was mandatory grind.

That still, for the most part, remains true. You do not need to grind to experience 99% of the content in this game.

Exactly how...

Vayne.8563

I have. The problem is one of interpretation.

The questionable line in the manifesto is the “everything you love about Guild Wars 1”. And clearly different people would love different things, so anyone who believes everything you loved about Guild Wars 1 would be in the game is just wearing blinders. I mean if you loved second professions, I’m pretty sure everyone knew they wouldn’t be in the game.

The line about “grind” is the single most misquotes line in the entire manifesto. Colin took the time to define what he meant by grind. People chose to ignore this.

And then there’s the issue of the clarification, released 3 days after the manifesto was made, to prevent confusion. It stated, and I’m paraphrasing here, Colin was talking about dynamic events, Ree was talking about personal story.

And since the manifesto, Anet has released dozens of hours of footages, pages of information, interviews….90% plus of which remain true to this day.

Anyone who’d ever played an MMO knows that things change. Not as much has changed from the early days as people are making out.

Exactly how...

Posted by: Moderator.6437

Moderator.6437

As this thread is not inviting to constructive discussion, nor contributing to the current issues and concerns, it is now closed. Thank you for your understanding.