Exalted= Cousins of the Margonites?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

The artwork for the Exalted looks eerily like that of the Margonites.
Should the citizens of Tyria be wary?

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

Pretty sure they are Mursaat, not Margonites.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

The exalted are spectral humans that volunteered to become spectral by a Forgotten ritual.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Forgotten

They’re energy beings.

I suppose it’s feasible that some of them could have defected and become Mursaat, but lore says the Mursaat predate humanity, so it would be an anachronism if they were.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Posted by: Nox Lucis.8341

Nox Lucis.8341

Actually they are humans made special by the Forgotten. They serve Glint.

Posted by: risa.1382

risa.1382

The article was pretty specific about them being humans as early as 300 years ago.

imsoenthused.1634

No, my bad. I actually hadn’t seen the new article at all. I was going off of most of the guesswork that had been passed around when the first screenshots of them appeared. They still remind me of the Mursaat design wise, but that article makes it pretty clear exactly what they are.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Maybe high magical beings tend to assume a form like the mursaats, just like things tend to form a sphere in our universe.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I guess similar questions could be asked:

-Why are all elder dragons dragon-shaped?
-Why were the gods humanoid (aside from being the “human gods”)
-Why do dragon minions take the form of existing beings (not corrupted, that’s obvious- Destroyers aren’t corrupted beings but still take the form of trolls, crabs, etc).

From a technical standpoint, it’s probably easier to animate/design/model on a pre-existing form than to make things very different every time.

From a lore standpoint, the human spirit is still human-shaped. Similar looking are Margonites, which are also human spirits that have been transformed into “ethereal demons”.

imsoenthused.1634

Well, I’m not sure they actually are. Mordremoth seems to be mostly shaped like lots of vines for instance.

Because they are the race closest to gods, unlike the other inferior, barely sentient races that surround them, obviously.

-Why do dragon minions take the form of existing beings (not corrupted, that’s obvious- Destroyers aren’t corrupted beings but still take the form of trolls, crabs, etc).

Probably just random coincidences of design. You build a low slung, armored, battle minion, and somebody says “it’s a Destroyer Crab!” You didn’t necessarily set out to copy a crab though.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Probably just random coincidences of design. You build a low slung, armored, battle minion, and somebody says “it’s a Destroyer Crab!” You didn’t necessarily set out to copy a crab though.

True.
It is like people saying “Well, don’t you think it is too much coincidence finding pyramids in Mexico, Egypt and some parts of Asia?” but actually it is not coincidence, if you try to make something as tall as you can what do you do? You make a big base and then get smaller the higher you get, if you follow that logic with a simple form as a square then you end with a pyramid.
So the exalted, mursaat and even some margonite may have similar form from some logic that we don’t know.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: risa.1382

risa.1382

TBH, the Mursaat could be related in some way. Mursaat, Seers, Dwarves, and the Elder Dragons were already on Tyria before Humans, and possibly even the Gods that brought them.

Just as the Seers devised ways to combat the Mursaat, all three would have had to find ways to protect themselves from the dragon cycle. It’s not impossible that Glint would have used knowledge from all of them in her preparations.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

I guess similar questions could be asked:

From a technical standpoint, it’s probably easier to animate/design/model on a pre-existing form than to make things very different every time.

From a lore standpoint, the human spirit is still human-shaped. Similar looking are Margonites, which are also human spirits that have been transformed into “ethereal demons”.

It is odd though, don’t you think, how similar they look to Mursaat / Mursaat constructs? I mean, they could have still done a humanoid form without making them so Mursaat related looking. It just seems strange.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

No. It’s already been stated that they are humans that the Forgotten turned into this form somehow. While the process could be similar to how one could become a Margonite, that’s the only similarity based on the information we have. I still find it annoying that people are still trying to claim they could be related to/are Mursaat (which would make zero sense given what we know of the Mursaat and their actions), or related to Margonites who existed long before already.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

If they said ~200 years ago I would have suggested mhenlo and his gang along with some of the heros/henchmen and ofcoarse the random extras being representative to the players from gw1.

But 300 years ago is well before presearing gw1.
The current year is 1328
Presearing is 1070
1079 is the last year in gw1 for story