Excess T5 matts

Excess T5 matts

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Baconplease.1657

Baconplease.1657

I’m sure many of you have tons of Mithril, Silk, and Leather. I have over 20 stacks of each. So what do I do with them that yields the most gold??

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: KellyCDB.7138

KellyCDB.7138

Sell your silk to folks who are working on ascended armor. I know I’d be thrilled to have 20 stacks of silk at this point.

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

No one can say. Once someone types it out, it will quickly become the least profitable route, as everyone reading tries to do the same thing.

So, generally, the best use of T5 is to sell them on the TP. You can study the history (on spidy or similar sites) to determine an aggressive price. Plus, there’s a lot less labor involved in selling stacks of mats versus collecting what you need to make something else, crafting those items, and then selling them. Stacks sell faster than anything you might craft from them.

Alternatively, visit gw2spidy.com. Search for any item; it will show you the most profitable to craft. (You might want to follow the steps through to other items that can be crafted from the intermediate pieces you can craft directly.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Leather yes. But silk? No way. Always out of silk. How I envy you.

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I generally just destroy all my t5 after I have a full stack (1000, thinking of upgrading to 1500) of each raw and refined material. I also do this with other really cheap and common stuff because I think it is too much effort to use the TP for things of such small value and when I use some (which is quite rarely) I will regain my store of 1000 very quickly because they drop so much. I know this is pretty stupid for me to do because I am missing out on gold, but other methods earn me more than enough to get by.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

silk scrap = 2s each. sell them if you need the gold.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: Merlot.8567

Merlot.8567

Silk scrap you can sell. Mithril you can upgrade to ori in the mystic toilet. Leather is dirt cheap – idk if they’ll do another mat dump like they did with silk (was dirt cheap/excess before ascended came in, then spiked hard).

Do not let the GW2 forums become the new Tumblr!

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Dont just sell the materials. Finished products can gain you more profit off your current supply. The silk should be used to make your daily damask to turn into insignias, the T5 mats should be made into rare items to sell for mystic forgers. The leather is a waste of space, list it at 1.2s and forget about it. Maybe some day they will balance it and there will be some value.

this is what I would do if I had that stock of supplies.

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Make weapons.
Forge weapons.

If lucky, get Precursor.
If unlucky, at least you’ll have bank space.

You can also sell the weapons. If going that route, make Greatswords, Staffs, or Daggers as those have the best profits.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I generally just destroy all my t5 after I have a full stack

dont’ destroy it.. if nothing else refine mithril and sell a stack for 2g…or send it to me.

I’ll even take leather :P I hate to see mats destroyed.

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: Oofta.8036

Oofta.8036

Use the mystic toilet to convert your T5 mats into T6 and then Profit.

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Excess silk and leather….come again? Not this girl. I’m always scrounging for enough t5 cloth and leather to make my daily elonian cord and weaving thread.

Yes, I typically have plenty of mithril. When I hit my 1500 cap, I sell off a couple of stacks. Though…converting it might work too, but that requires t6 dust which I don’t have a lot of either.

What? I craft…therefore I’m poor.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Use the mystic toilet to convert your T5 mats into T6 and then Profit.

Upgrading T5 Raw and Refined Materials will result in the following average amount of loss (versus simply selling the Raw or Refined Material on the TP):

Mithril Ore = LOSE 3g87s24c
Mithril Ingot = LOSE 8g18s49c
Silk Scrap = LOSE 9g42s28c
Bolt of Silk = LOSE 16g36s09c
Elder Wood Log = LOSE 4g59s06c
Elder Wood Plank = LOSE 13g61s56c
Thick Leather Section = LOSE 4g60s47c
Cured Thick Leather Square = LOSE 9g77s35c

Server: Devona’s Rest

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I generally just destroy all my t5 after I have a full stack (1000, thinking of upgrading to 1500) of each raw and refined material. I also do this with other really cheap and common stuff because I think it is too much effort to use the TP for things of such small value and when I use some (which is quite rarely) I will regain my store of 1000 very quickly because they drop so much. I know this is pretty stupid for me to do because I am missing out on gold, but other methods earn me more than enough to get by.

You’re basically throwing away a lot more gold than you realize. Turn them into inscriptions and weapons, then either forge them or sell them for 30-70s each.

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

For Mithril, use it for Lump of Mithrilium to make Deldrimor Ingots. You can sell those for a decent bit. Silk is at a premium righ tnow, just sell it, and leather, I typically just vendor it, as it’s not really worth selling on the TP.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i much rather wonder if there is a way to get something useful from account bound mats, i have no use for dragonite ore or whatever but nothing needs it that i want. (like a vendor that trades useful stuff for ascended mats, i am not stupid enough to waste time getting my crafting to 450 and spend tons for a stupid looking armor))

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

If you destroy silk, you’re shooting yourself in the foot. Silk is a highly demanded item, and you can make some good gold from it. Refine it, and sell it. Or, if you have ascended crafting unlocked on a character, make bolts of damask to sell.

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

i much rather wonder if there is a way to get something useful from account bound mats, i have no use for dragonite ore or whatever but nothing needs it that i want. (like a vendor that trades useful stuff for ascended mats, i am not stupid enough to waste time getting my crafting to 450 and spend tons for a stupid looking armor))

I’ve got 400 in cooking, jewellery and huntsman the rest are at around 200.

Not sure if it’s actually worth crafting, as I was told it cost 200g to be able to level to 500 from 400. I know cooking and jewellery max is 400 for now at least.

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

I am truly stunned by this one…

Quantity and Sample item: One 250 stack of any t5 material item

Process to Destroy

• right click example item stack and drag to non-inventory area
  • left click to confirm delete
    Result: stack gone

Process to Sell on Trading Post

• right click example item stack
  • left click sell on trading post
  • left click sell to lowest buyer
    Result: stack gone, miscellaneous currency available for later pickup

Evaluation: So for a single mouse click more you get the same result but have cash waiting for later collection.

Ya know… I am utterly clueless as to what to say about this thought process

Proposal:
Instead of deleting this stuff, why not just mail your stuff to random people instead? It will make you very popular and likely give you a warm fuzzy inside in the process.

Just a thought.

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

<—-Feel free to send all “Excess” T5 mats to this guy.

I will be more than happy to assist you in your bag clearing chores and make sure the mats are put to good use!

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Just do some damask and you don’t never have enough silk. Problem solved.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

Silk, Mihtrill and Elder Wood are worth quite a bit so sell them for cash.

Leather is garbage, either pray for another Anet economy kittenup like they did with silk or sell it to NPCs.

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: mementomori.8372

mementomori.8372

If you have Weaponsmithing, perhaps the best use of Mithril is to craft l80 rare Mithril weapons. People buy these constantly to gamble for precursors at the Mystic Forge, so you can generally sell them for about 50-55s each (if you craft the correct weapon type). Each will take you 4 Elder Wood Planks, 15 of a Fine T5 mat like Large Bone (which you’ll get plenty of doing SW), and varying amounts of Mithril (that part doesn’t matter to you, I’m assuming).

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Proposal:
Instead of deleting this stuff, why not just mail your stuff to random people instead? It will make you very popular and likely give you a warm fuzzy inside in the process.

Just a thought.

You know, I might actually do this for people who do need t5 because I like helping people by giving them gold and stuff (I once gave 100g to someone saying how much they wanted a precursor in map chat haha) and I agree destroying them really is a waste so when I get excess of anything not account bound I will probably help people out by doing this. Glad you suggested this because I never really gave what I was doing a second thought.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Excess T5 matts

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Happy to be of service.

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

I used to have a ton of silk as well, then i started crafting ascended armor.
Now i have none… I still have a ton of leather though. Too bad damask uses twice the silk as any other ascended material does for their respective t5. And damask is always the most in demand, because not only is it used in all armor classes, but its used on insignias… They went way overboard in the effort to increase demand on silk.

Excess T5 matts

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I used to have a ton of silk as well, then i started crafting ascended armor.
Now i have none… I still have a ton of leather though. Too bad damask uses twice the silk as any other ascended material does for their respective t5. And damask is always the most in demand, because not only is it used in all armor classes, but its used on insignias… They went way overboard in the effort to increase demand on silk.

That’s an understatement… and of course, at this point, they aren’t likely to fix their “oops.”

Excess T5 matts

eithinan.9841

That’s an understatement… and of course, at this point, they aren’t likely to fix their “oops.”

There still isn’t a convincing argument that this is in fact an “oops”

*goes and hides under the bridge.

Excess T5 matts

LanfearShadowflame.3189

No I suppose not. Though the state of the affair definitely leads to the support of “they didn’t think this one through.”

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

This has to be troll post….T5s (except for leather) sell very well and the T6 you could promote the unwanted T5 to sell even better….even if you have to buy some T6 dust and spend some skill points, it’s worth the minute it takes to look at the prices and decide.

Seriouslly….someone is DESTROYING T5 raw and refined materials? It takes 15 seconds to list them to match the lowest sell order (or 1c less). They will eventually sell and at least not be in your inventory while listed. At LEAST vendor them to a Merch. (or give them away as suggested above).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Excess T5 matts

pdavis.8031

No I suppose not. Though the state of the affair definitely leads to the support of “they didn’t think this one through.”

There also is the possibility, and a high one at that, that “Silk wasn’t an accident” and “Is is working as intended” (per John Smith)
Just sayin….

recognize my command!”

Excess T5 matts

LanfearShadowflame.3189

There also is the possibility, and a high one at that, that “Silk wasn’t an accident” and “Is is working as intended” (per John Smith)
Just sayin….

Yeah…that’s exactly what I would say if I screwed it up and didn’t want to cop to it either….

Excess T5 matts

pdavis.8031

Just sayin….

Yeah…that’s exactly what I would say if I screwed it up and didn’t want to cop to it either….

So JS is lying? And silk was indeed an accident, and its broken beyond repair?

Gotcha….

recognize my command!”

Excess T5 matts

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Just sayin….

So JS is lying? And silk was indeed an accident, and its broken beyond repair?

Gotcha….

Lying…maybe. Dunno. I don’t take everything the man says as gospel. That’d just be silly. We’ve seen them reverse things on us before. Maybe based on the information he has, sure its working as intended; however, wouldn’t be the first time the right hand doesn’t have all the information the left hand has.

Maybe it was an accident, maybe it wasn’t. Maybe they just didn’t think it far enough through, which actually falls somewhere in between. Ie – it was intentional, but had greater ramifications than originally foreseen.

Broken beyond repair? Never.

Excess T5 matts

Yalora Istairiea.6287

As I recall, before Ascended armor first came out crafting a bolt of silk cost Two silk scraps. At that time I had a ton of silk scraps in inventory and life was good.

Then one ominous day that will live in infamy, the sky darkened Tyria shook and all of a sudden a bolt of silk cost Three silk scraps. My silk supply subsequently vanished and to this day I can’t get keep any in my inventory.

Now maybe that was “as intended” but certainly not as “I” intended ;p

edit: changed ‘when’ to ‘before’

(edited by Yalora Istairiea.6287)

Excess T5 matts

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

wow, I don’t think I’ve ever had 1 stack of anything except ecto’s…

Sell All The Things!!!

Excess T5 matts

eithinan.9841

As I recall, when Ascended armor first came out crafting a bolt of silk cost Two silk scraps. At that time I had a ton of silk scraps in inventory and life was good.

Then one ominous day that will live in infamy, the sky darkened Tyria shook and all of a sudden a bolt of silk cost Three silk scraps. My silk supply subsequently vanished and to this day I can’t get keep any in my inventory.

Now maybe that was “as intended” but certainly not as “I” intended ;p

Your memory is faulty. The change from 2>3 scraps came before ascended armor.