Excessive Messaging - TWO???

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

So I sent two mails with 5 items each to a character and now I’m blocked sending the THIRD due to “excessive messaging”.

What’s this insanity?

How long is this ‘suppression’ going to last? It’s been several minutes and still blocked.

[edit]

Guess it’s more facile anti-RMT, like the stupid throttle on posting to the TP, where legit players are ‘collateral damage’ in the war against RMT .. like the reason we don’t have normal MMO trade facilities.

(edited by Kerin.9125)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Several minutes is kind of long. When I’m mailing items from my alt account to my main I can mail twice but then I need to wait between 15-30 seconds. I think if you try again before the suppression is up it adds to it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Try having to mass email guild members. It’s a horrible system. I don’t know why they don’t allow guild officers/leaders to email as often as they like to their guild members. The chance of spamming is not a good enough reason not to allow it. If your guild leader starts spamming you mail, it’s time to leave that guild.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Since, as I understand it, the reasoning is to control gold sellers I don’t know why they don’t loosen the rules for emailing and chat for established accounts. Especially accounts that have the WIN or SMS authorizations set up. Established accounts are unlikely to be gold sellers and the WIN/SMS keeps hacked accounts to a minimum.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.