Excessive messaging. I am confused.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Satans Chosen.1024

Satans Chosen.1024

Why is it that I get supressed for excessive messaging after only 3-4 lfg messages, regrettably a very necessary activity in the game right now, but someone else go on this long, pointless and rather ill informed speech about politics for many minutes, averaging sometimes one message every 5-10 seconds?

Posted by: Rise.9702

Rise.9702

If you use the same text [Macro for instances for saying LFG] It blocks you, I think this helps block out Gold bot spammers. I seen 1 in Divinty’s Reach today but it doesn’t work if they change it somehow.
GS: GOLD HERE 1
GS: GOLD HERE 2
GS: GOLD HERE 1.
For example.

You sir are a Scholar and Gentlekitten.

Posted by: Satans Chosen.1024

Satans Chosen.1024

That’s what I am confused about, not the mechanic of it, but the way the system is set up. LFG messages by its nature is largely similar, with or without a macro. And it’s the only way to form PUGs for dungeons right now. That is apparently inappropriate. Yet someone else can go on and on about something, which after listening a while I am sure he knows little about and based on responses only a couple of ppl on the map is even interested, that person’s speech in map chat is free to go on, indefinitely perhaps.

Posted by: Smackjack.5071

Smackjack.5071

What does your claim that said person know little about the subject he is talking about (according to you) have to do with anything concerning your own topic at hand?

It is simple , do not spam the same mssg over and over again with only 10 seconds interval. If you are spamming a LFG mssg this often that it triggers the block script then you are overdoing it anyway and end up being just as annoying as any random gold seller, i actually block people who do this and i do so without a word. I am sure i am not the only one.

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

You don’t have to be spamming it. Even if you wait a long time between messages it blocks you just for using the same text a few times in a row. I’ve actually been in groups trying to find a few more people and had the group leader, who had barely sent any messages at all ask me to start advertising because he had been blocked. In past games I’ve just gotten used to “Enter, Up arrow, Enter” because it’s easy and I don’t need to say anything else anyway but I can’t do that here. The system isn’t working as intended if it’s blocking legitimate players trying to form a group.

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

You seem to be new to the internet.

Spamming is the repeated posting of the same message, usually an advertisement. When a gold seller says “buy gold here!” over and over, that is spam. When you post “LF1M CM EM3” over and over, it is spam. When an officer repeatedly says “Join my guild!”, that is spam. When a crafter says “400 Woodworker looking for work!” over and over, that is spam.

Someone having a conversation, no matter if that conversation is with one other or twenty others, is not spam. It is not the speed of the comments that makes it spam, it is the content.

Does suppression need to be looked at? Absolutely it does. Gold sellers simply log out when they get suppressed and bring in a new character. Actual players, trying to find a group, on the other hand are essentially being punished for using the only method available to form a dungeon group. The same goes for people trying to get work as a crafter or trying to recruit for their guild… Which gives me an idea. Runs off the the Suggestion Forum

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

Want a suggestion? Here, NCSoft already figured out how to make a great lfg tool without forcing people to use an automatic cross server dungeon finder.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l274/neoplasmax/Aion/AionLFG02.jpg
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l274/neoplasmax/Aion/AionLFG04.jpg

I’m sure NCKorea will let you borrow the idea ANet. Please do, by the way.

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

Since typing LFG in map chat is practically the only way to get a PUG together for dungeons, I’d say ANet should look into this. (Dungeon Finder?)

You don’t have to be spamming this to get your messages suppressed either. You just have to type in the same message 3 times. You should be able to get around this by altering your message every time, but it’s still annoying.

Posted by: Broran.6318

Broran.6318

they were able to make gw recognoze wts and wtb and force those chats into the trage channel why can’t they make gw2 recognize and not supress lfg

Posted by: Striata.6739

Striata.6739

they were able to make gw recognoze wts and wtb and force those chats into the trage channel why can’t they make gw2 recognize and not supress lfg

exactly I don’t understand why they don’t just filter LFG into a LFG chat channel. I don’t understand why they didn’t add quite a few services/features that were available in GW1 and use them in GW2.

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

My problem is I can’t type “np” or a variation thereof after portaling people. Very annoying.