Exchange a legendary/precusor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Given the different desirability among the precusors and the unpredictable nature of drops, i.e. the horror of RNG God’s blessing on you being a trident precusor, which pave ways for market manipulators, I thought it would be interesting to grant each account ONE TIME exchange of one precusor for another via the mystic forge along with some reasonable recipe (ecto + dungeon gift associated with the legendary + some ascended mats). I think this will help easing out abit the gap in values between the legendary while still preserving some of their individual values due to the account limit. This exchange should apply for legendary too.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

So, buy the cheapest precursor off the TP and exchange it via the mystic forge for the most expensive one? Sounds like a plan!

The Burninator

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So, buy the cheapest precursor off the TP and exchange it via the mystic forge for the most expensive one? Sounds like a plan!

Ha! That’s exactly what I was thinking when I read his post.

quaniesan.8497

Sure is. Didn’t i say it being one time only and it come with some cost. Of course, an initial ripple in market is to be expected. If you are one of the market manipulators, of course you wouldn’t like it, no?

Posted by: Mea.8967

Mea.8967

Eventually they would all settle into a similar price, wouldn’t they?

IE, all precursors would cost 600g, instead of some costing 150 and some costing 1200.

up to you if that’s a positive or not.

I love lamp.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Legendary trident is awesome!

quaniesan.8497

Eventually they would all settle into a similar price, wouldn’t they?

IE, all precursors would cost 600g, instead of some costing 150 and some costing 1200.

up to you if that’s a positive or not.

More like similar price RANGE because one account should not be able to do it more than once , so retaining some price gaps.

P/S : trident leg is awesome indeed, but i wish i could show it off more often to people, not the ambient fishes.

Mea.8967

More like similar price RANGE because one account should not be able to do it more than once , so retaining some price gaps.

P/S : trident leg is awesome indeed, but i wish i could show it off more often to people, not the ambient fishes.

Sure, that makes sense.

I also really love the spear because it’s purple and because sharks!

I love lamp.

Posted by: Zevix.1479

Zevix.1479

Or make it that once you convert a precursor over to another one, it becomes account bound.

On that note, they should change it so that newly found precursors and newly crafted legendary weapons are no longer trade-able and just fix the rng system for drops.

(edited by Zevix.1479)

Mea.8967

Or make it that once you convert a precursor over to another one, it becomes account bound.

This seems fair to me. But if it did happen, it would be years down the round. We still have a huge asc ring issue (but they are working on it!)

I love lamp.

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

Meh, this isn’t gonna work.
Supply for the cheap one that every1 going after will go down drastically, with high demand, price will shoot up like a rocket.
You’ll ended up with another expensive pre.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Sure is. Didn’t i say it being one time only and it come with some cost. Of course, an initial ripple in market is to be expected. If you are one of the market manipulators, of course you wouldn’t like it, no?

I bet Average Joe, who just crafted one of the expensive legendaries in order to sell it for 3.5k gold will be delighted by this change and this sudden influx of new supply, forged by rich players, who can afford to outright buy one of the cheaper legendaries for around 2k gold, throw in a couple of mats worth 50g and undercut him with a legendary that cost them 500g less to acquire within 3 min, while he was grinding for it for the past couple of months.

I have enough gold to purchase one of the cheap legendaries to turn it into a quick 500g profit, so i second this proposal.

Not so sure wether average joe would agree though.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Mea.8967

I bet Average Joe, who just crafted one of the expensive legendaries in order to sell it for 3.5k gold will be delighted by this change and this sudden influx of new supply, forged by rich players, who can afford to outright buy one of the cheaper legendaries for around 2k gold, throw in a couple of mats worth 50g and undercut him with a legendary that cost them 500g less to acquire within 3 min, while he was grinding for it for the past couple of months.

I have enough gold to purchase one of the cheap legendaries to turn it into a quick 500g profit, so i second this proposal.

Maybe they should make a way to produce an account bound precursor.

Like a scavenger hunt or something?

I love lamp.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Maybe they should make a way to produce an account bound precursor.

Like a scavenger hunt or something?

Thats an awesome idea and you should open a seperate thread in the suggestion subforum about it, so maybe Anet can squeeze it into HoT.
Shouldnt take much to time to implement, anyways.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.