Exchanging Black Lion Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tirenareikasu.8915

tirenareikasu.8915

Q:

I recently bought 18 keys and to try for the new Elemental Sword, and in the process, I got a Self-Style Hair Kit. No sword. I get RNG is a thing and it’s not guaranteed and all that, but the Self-Style Hair Kit and the Elemental Sword fit on the same tier when it comes to Common, Uncommon, and Rare. Both of them are Uncommon.

Now I have the Permanent Self-Style Hair Kit and was wondering if it’s even possible or ok, to contact Anet about exchanging the Self-Style Hair Kit I got from the chest for the Elemental Sword since they are on the same Tier in Black Lion Chests. Or am I just out of luck and should just destroy the Self-Style Hair Kit?

Either way, I was just curious if this was ever asked or attempted before.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

A:

you’re just out of luck and at least you did get a Permanent Self-Style Hair Kit. which you could use all the time . if i am thinking of the right Permanent Self-Style Hair Kit contract or you could even sell it on the trading post for some gold . if it was me i would keep the Permanent Self-Style Hair Kit and use it fully giving what they do cost for the permanent ones on the trading post

no new system upgrades coming

(edited by WARIORSCHARGEING.2637)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You could contact the CS Team and explain you already have the Permanent Hair Kit, so the account-bound regular kit does you no good, and you would like a BL Chest Key. They might do that for you, but it’s doubtful they would award you the Sword.

Good luck.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I was planning on doing this when the celestial rooster was in the chests, but I didn’t even get anything on the same tier (or above).

I don’t know if they’d exchange it. It’s highly unlikely they’d give you the sword outright, as Inculpatus said they’re more likely to give you another key (that’s what they did when some people accidentally got duplicate items from the chests – like glider skins they’d already unlocked).

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

They really do need to add in some type of exchange or allow us to gift out duplicate items. I also have the Permanent Self-Style Hair Kit and am sitting on 19 on the single use versions. I’d like to exchange them or send them to friends or Guild Mates.