Exclude Llama miniature from collections tab

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dubak.3042

dubak.3042

First of all I need to say that I do not care neither about whining collectors nor the pvpers who want exclusive and limited pvp reward. Having said that, one thought appeared in my mind while reading topics about the matter.

Saying in my country goes something like “far from eyes – far from heart”, so in the spirit of that sentence, would you, the collectors mind if there was a miniature you couldn’t obtain, but also if there wasn’t an empty slot in your collection tab?

That way, the illusion of having every mini is somewhat perserved, you do not “see” that you do not have one, and pvp winners get to keep one unique reward.

Dusan [insert class here]/Dubaak
SFR4LIFE
Bugs are evil, like cookies, but more evil.

Posted by: BlacPlague.4208

BlacPlague.4208

Not worth the time or effort in add to the game. I do not have this mini, tho i do collect minis, I have all of the 1st & 2nd series and waiting for a gem sale for the 3rd prices to drop in TP to buy those. So from my mini collector standpoint as long as its in the Misc mini section I dont care, because there are quite a few mini I prolly wont ever get like all the gw1 minis.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I’d love it if they remove everything from the collection tabs that can no longer be gained either in-game or via TP, or more accurately remove it from those of us who don’t have and probably never will have them. At the very least it would provide me a since of progress, empty spaces would be things to achieve and not reminders of what will never ever ever be.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Remove heritage and other time gated ones while you’re at it. Hell, let’s just remove every item the individual player doesn’t own. /sarcasm

Seriously though, as a completionist myself… nobody should be getting into such a fuss about this llama. Anet made it perfectly clear that this isn’t a completionist-friendly game with previous stunts such as Foostivoo the Merry and certain Living Story achievements.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I’d love it if they remove everything from the collection tabs that can no longer be gained either in-game or via TP, or more accurately remove it from those of us who don’t have and probably never will have them. At the very least it would provide me a since of progress, empty spaces would be things to achieve and not reminders of what will never ever ever be.

agree.

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Maybe they do something like with Mr. Sparkles, at least give an option to acquire the mini after the tournament.

Now it’s time for me to beg again, pleaaaaaaase bring back Foostivoo and the other wintersday minis!!!

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

(edited by ghost.3208)

Posted by: Lordphantomhive.1256

Lordphantomhive.1256

Uh no lol, maybe just have it as it own category instead along with other minis thatwill be like it.

Darkness becomes light, light falls into darkness.

(edited by Lordphantomhive.1256)

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I don’t see the need for it. Collectors just need to learn to accept that they can’t always get everything and before anyone getting a fit about it, I will say that this actually includes myself. It bothers me too, to some extend to have a lot of empty spots in my collections… Maybe I did not have the gold/money to get some, maybe I was not able to do some event, thats just how it is sometimes and that is okay.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

But what if you are a collector AND get the mini? Shouldn’t you be able to have it in your collection? This is just as bad a suggestion as all others. Leave it alone. If you care enough to get it, then go get it. If you don’t, then you should have a big gap in your collection forever staring you down.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

But what if you are a collector AND get the mini? Shouldn’t you be able to have it in your collection? This is just as bad a suggestion as all others. Leave it alone. If you care enough to get it, then go get it. If you don’t, then you should have a big gap in your collection forever staring you down.

If you get the mini then it would be displayed on the collections tab, I believe the request is to hide this slot on the tab if you don’t have the mini, if you acquire it then just enable it.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

A harsh lesson about the world: sometimes there will be things you want, but can’t have. It will be a lot easier for you in the long run, if you just learn to deal with this fact instead of trying to make others bend to meet your delusions.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

They should exclude the limited time minis as well then. You can’t get them.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

If you get the mini then it would be displayed on the collections tab, I believe the request is to hide this slot on the tab if you don’t have the mini, if you acquire it then just enable it.

That’s not a thing. It’s either there or it isn’t. You don’t get to have it both ways.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Not entirely true. Several armor skins are hidden-til-acquired. The Ancestral Outfit is a perfect example. If you own one, it’s in your Outfits. If you don’t, the slot for it isn’t there.

Posted by: dubak.3042

dubak.3042

That’s not a thing. It’s either there or it isn’t. You don’t get to have it both ways.

Apparently, it is a thing, and why wouldn’t we have it both ways?

I do not mind someone having or not having mini, but if mechanism of showing slot for item only if obtained exists, why not implement it also for limited edition minis?

Dusan [insert class here]/Dubaak
SFR4LIFE
Bugs are evil, like cookies, but more evil.