Exclusive PvP reward ? ugh!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Warpinator.9860

Warpinator.9860

exclusive PvP reward !

I don’t like it, people like me who hate PvP and want that back piece or what ever exclusive item will grind that thing out. Oh well, I guess ima semi-afk and play a nonchalant way. Not caring win or lose or the score overall

I still can’t quiet understand why ANet can’t balance the two of them, PvP and PvE should have the same reward and progress. People Hate PvE … they probably hates MMOs too and some people hate PvP due to the system and gameplay

(edited by Warpinator.9860)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You are a bit late to the party. Exclusive PvP rewards have been a thing since April 2014.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

So why can PvP earn most of the PvE skins for less work?

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Apparently I missed something. What’s going to be an exclusive pvp reward?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Apparently I missed something. What’s going to be an exclusive pvp reward?

The new Legendary (PvP) backpack? The new dyeable/colored? minis? Other rewards for the new League play?

Dulfy has the update from the WTS announcement.

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

you mean dungeons? you think pvp is easier than dungeons? you joker

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

exclusive PvP reward !

I don’t like it, people like me who hate PvP and want that back piece or what ever exclusive item will grind that thing out.

Let’s make a deal.
You get the fractal back piece and I’ll go get the PvP items, deal?

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

exclusive PvE reward !

I don’t like it, people like me who hate PvE and want that back piece or what ever exclusive item will grind that thing out.

Stella Truth Seeker

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

How exclusive is that item exactly if thousands of people already unlocked that skin?
Glorious Hero Armor, now thats what I call exclusive!

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Ive asked for PvE skins to be available through PvP or WvW or gem store, I’ll give you the same answer I got from the PvE community.

“we earned our skins and you should do the same and stop asking for handouts.”

IMO everything should be attainable through every game mode as each player enjoys different aspects of the game, and as OP stated “Not caring win or lose or the score overall” is the reason why you see so much rage towards players in PvP.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

You know they have those farming pvp servers right? It’s like PvE.

( carebear )

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Guys. Remember it’s specific PvP Legendary back item. You don’t need to do PvP to get all Legendary Back Item, just the one unique to PvP.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Really? This is about pvp getting a unique backpack skin? Come on now.

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

For those who have no what the title is referring to (like I was until I found the video)-

I also with the “ugh”. When I saw the title, I thought it would be like that Baltazar backpiece but the Wing of Glory to be earn throught competitive play???

It seen the pvp has become more Halo, FPS competitive like when your rank actually matters.

I never really into the whole pvp (I never like the idea to need to proved to other how superior you are or that I don’t have an competitive heart) so yeah I will be skipping out on this one.

Posted by: Shadowrainer.8321

Shadowrainer.8321

Wow, what an absolute care bear.

PvE gets far more content and items/skins than PvP ever has.

Stop being so entitled to everything.

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Holy kitten. Don’t start.

Let us have our stuff. You have stuff of your own.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: Vostroyan.9214

Vostroyan.9214

Can’t earn all the things the easy way, there needs to be exclusive things for everyone in a game, like it or not its how it needs to be done. If you don’t like it build your own game with your own rules, good luck taking 5+ years.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

You auto-join games (instead of looking for group), you can’t be kicked, you don’t have to deal with metajerks, just capture points and fight other players.
Completing reward track twice gives you enough tokens for a Gift, a few weapons and two armor skins.

I’m not talking about actual PvP vs dungeons, but about convenience for solo player.

And do you have any idea how long that can take? I lost 6 games in a row the other day, and got 3 rewards from it. Also have to deal with whispers from people calling you this and that because you are better than them with your class. People calling the team names and going afk because the first 10 seconds of the match don’t go well. People leaving mid game or before match starts because they don’t like the map.

Dungeons are so easy and quick its not even funny. I’m not a massive fan of PvP, but I wanted to do something different to the same old PvE I’ve been playing since launch, I wanted the new PvP skins too. So that’s what I’ve been doing. Once I get the dragon finisher or HoT launches, which ever comes first, I’ll probably never go back.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

It’s almost a year since we had WvW exclusive rewards. Participation in WvW really jumped back then.

Rewards in PvP are also what got me playing PvP at length, as opposed to the experience I had not long after launch, where the combination of fenced rewards, threadbare tutorial, and demotivating roflstomping had me dismissing it pretty quickly. The last two issues are still pervasive, but it’s a start.

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

PvP having equal rewards is awesome. Having exclusives to each game mode is even better. I’m betting they bring out a WvW exclusive aswell down to new objectives in HoT.
You want one of them? Do the requirement for it. I don’t see PvPer’s QQing about the Fractal only backpacks(there’s already a whole set of unique skins for it, or did you forget these PvE exclusives?) There’s also legendary items which require a Gift of Exploration, which is of course PvE only.
I remember when PvP HAD NO REWARD, no exclusives, no loot, no gold, other than the skins that were rank gated and only usable in HoTM.

Suck it up, it’s good that both PvP and PvE have their niche items to go for. I will be going for both of the new backpacks

Kitten.

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I would like a WvW exclusive as well, one that is based of off total lifetime kills and stomps in WvW and some keep caps (not tower, not camps, not SMC but keeps and gari).

It would be very easy to impliment as these are already tracked via WvW achievements and would fairly represent effort.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

You auto-join games (instead of looking for group), you can’t be kicked, you don’t have to deal with metajerks, just capture points and fight other players.
Completing reward track twice gives you enough tokens for a Gift, a few weapons and two armor skins.

I’m not talking about actual PvP vs dungeons, but about convenience for solo player.

And do you have any idea how long that can take? I lost 6 games in a row the other day, and got 3 rewards from it. Also have to deal with whispers from people calling you this and that because you are better than them with your class. People calling the team names and going afk because the first 10 seconds of the match don’t go well. People leaving mid game or before match starts because they don’t like the map.

Quite fast, actually. I discovered PvP just a week ago, now I have 1 fully completed AC reward track + 14/40 AC (then it got disabled) + 19/40 Glorious.
After 59 played games.

Only got trash talk when our group fought against a premade in Courtyard, otherwise it was pretty nice. I’m in Europe, if it matters.

you realize 60 games is like a weeks worth or longer depending on how much time people have… you could do A LOT more from dung runs in a week than PvP reward tracks

Not to mention you also get like 1g per path in PvE dung runs… PvP is trash for rewards, thats a fact.

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Quite fast, actually. I discovered PvP just a week ago, now I have 1 fully completed AC reward track + 14/40 AC (then it got disabled) + 19/40 Glorious.
After 59 played games.

Only got trash talk when our group fought against a premade in Courtyard, otherwise it was pretty nice. I’m in Europe, if it matters.

60 games? With 15m per game including queue time.. Actually, let’s say it takes you 10m per game (for your benefit), that means 10 hours right there. I can do a round of AC in less than an hour (sometimes less than 30m for 3 paths). That rewards at least 5g and enough tokens for you to buy exotics. You spent 10 hours to get what, one AC reward track that rewards less than 1h of PvE?

Also, the people complaining about exclusive PvP rewards should realize how much exclusive PvE reward they have. PvP people can’t even have a legendary unless they do a full map completion.

Forgive my language but you guys should shut up and go back to your corner.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

After 59 played games.

60 games? With 15m per game including queue time.. Actually, let’s say it takes you 10m per game (for your benefit), that means 10 hours right there. I can do a round of AC in less than an hour (sometimes less than 30m for 3 paths). That rewards at least 5g and enough tokens for you to buy exotics. You spent 10 hours to get what, one AC reward track that rewards less than 1h of PvE?

Also, the people complaining about exclusive PvP rewards should realize how much exclusive PvE reward they have. PvP people can’t even have a legendary unless they do a full map completion.

For me, doing dungeons is not worth it.

A. I’m a ranger.
B. I don’t know any of that beserker thing everybody raves about
C. One AC reward track gives you 240 tokens, 3 weapons and one armor piece. So, that’s 240 tokes free to spend, 3 × 390 tokens (two-handed weapons) and 1x 330 tokens (body part of the armour set). To get that, you’d need to do 15 full runs of the dungeons (and full is all three paths). If you’re lucky (30 minutes for 3 paths, not having to wait at all for groups, nor being kicked for groups because you’ve an unwanted profession), that’s still 3 full paths extra.

Now, if you’re not as well versed in dungeons, or are on an unwanted profession (adding up for the majority of players), add an extra 2 hours for a full run and you’ll see that the PvP track is much better for a large group of players. I personally don’t know anybody in my group of friends who can do 3 full paths within 30 minutes of any dungeon. The fastest they go are 30 minutes for one path. If they’re lucky and can find a group fast.

BrotherBelial.3094

After 59 played games.

For me, doing dungeons is not worth it.

A. I’m a ranger.
B. I don’t know any of that beserker thing everybody raves about
C. One AC reward track gives you 240 tokens, 3 weapons and one armor piece. So, that’s 240 tokes free to spend, 3 × 390 tokens (two-handed weapons) and 1x 330 tokens (body part of the armour set). To get that, you’d need to do 15 full runs of the dungeons (and full is all three paths). If you’re lucky (30 minutes for 3 paths, not having to wait at all for groups, nor being kicked for groups because you’ve an unwanted profession), that’s still 3 full paths extra.

Now, if you’re not as well versed in dungeons, or are on an unwanted profession (adding up for the majority of players), add an extra 2 hours for a full run and you’ll see that the PvP track is much better for a large group of players. I personally don’t know anybody in my group of friends who can do 3 full paths within 30 minutes of any dungeon. The fastest they go are 30 minutes for one path. If they’re lucky and can find a group fast.

You don’t seem to get where people are coming from. If you play alot of PvP, a few months worth, you’ll notice that you lose more games than you win. Sure when you are on a wining streak the tracks fill up fast, but when you are losing game after game after game, you can spend 45 mins and get nothing but the 90 silver you get for playing the 3 matches.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

I’d still prefer the 3 game modes be sequestered from one another entirely, but I suppose that ship sailed prior to original launch. :-/

This is just more stuff I won’t be pursuing though and less motivation to collect stuff for me. It’s looking increasingly like HoT will basically be a one-time play-through of the story + maybe grinding the initial Maguuma masteries before I bail, though I suppose that’s fine.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

You don’t seem to get where people are coming from. If you play alot of PvP, a few months worth, you’ll notice that you lose more games than you win. Sure when you are on a wining streak the tracks fill up fast, but when you are losing game after game after game, you can spend 45 mins and get nothing but the 90 silver you get for playing the 3 matches.

I know you lose more matches than you win. But even if you lose, you will get progress. If you “lose” at the dungeon (the group you finally get, is horrible [which is my general impression from groups from when I still joined pugs]) and simply cannot continue, you’ll get zip. Maybe a few blues and a piece of bread for your trouble (that’s my average drop in a dungeon, I still wonder where people get that 5G from, I’ve done Honor of the Waves a few times for my legendary, and most I got from that dungeon was a lot of blues and a few greens)

Posted by: Liisjak.4509

Liisjak.4509

Comparing PvP to PvE is like comparing Major League with Kindergarden, skillwise. Tho, in early lvls people tend to rage and kitten on others a lot. I’m about rank 50 and I don’t get any of the toxic behaviour, also the games became enjoyable.

Note, I did speedruns…it’s just, they’re boring as hell. After 2 runs I kinda felt the need to bash my head into a wall how stupid that is. If I really feel masochistic, I camp Silverwaster…it feels more profitable and easier.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Um, pve has quite few exclusive skins (LS, fractals etc.)
Why can’t pvp reward players for being good at it?

Also, pve in many cases is absurdly easy compared to pvp (high tier).

P.S. i have done my share of speed runs, fractals lv 50, daily aether path, tripple wurm, teq, LS. I am also rank 80 in pvp, was top 100 on LB before they got turned into grind fest and have about 3900 games.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I would like a WvW exclusive as well, one that is based of off total lifetime kills and stomps in WvW and some keep caps (not tower, not camps, not SMC but keeps and gari).

It would be very easy to impliment as these are already tracked via WvW achievements and would fairly represent effort.

Only if karma trains gets nerfed.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Don’t think me solo capping camps is worth less than a zerg capping a keep.
I’d like to have all rank ups and badges removed from EotM though.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

As long as there are wvw exclusive and pve too, I dont see a problem with pvp exclusives.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

As sad as I am that I’ll never get that particular backpiece, I think it’s fair that PvP gets exclusives as long as PvE still has exclusives.

Oh, and I guess WvW too, assuming tournament seasons ever restart and people actually have a chance to get more Mistforged Hero skins.

BrotherBelial.3094

I know you lose more matches than you win. But even if you lose, you will get progress. If you “lose” at the dungeon (the group you finally get, is horrible [which is my general impression from groups from when I still joined pugs]) and simply cannot continue, you’ll get zip. Maybe a few blues and a piece of bread for your trouble (that’s my average drop in a dungeon, I still wonder where people get that 5G from, I’ve done Honor of the Waves a few times for my legendary, and most I got from that dungeon was a lot of blues and a few greens)

They you have been very unlucky. A full run of 3 paths normally.net you around 10 ish gold with a good drop here and there.(a few T6 mats or a full stone, by that I mean a onxy lose stone charges crystal or what ever) from AC you get 4.5g for all 3 paths.

You might get.more.dungeon items per PvP path, but the coin is in PvE.

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Title confused me.

Did you mean ‘Exclusive-PvP-reward-YESSS!’?

That should be the only reaction to this.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”