in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Is now AVAILABLE and it looks GREAT TY A-net

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Look like the old Mesmer armors. I’m sure some players will find them appealing. =)

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Godric.3012

Godric.3012

Female armor is very nice , male one is disgusting

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

So the armor set that people have been clamoring for since release is an outfit?

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Take that back, I’m gorgeous in this.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Victuswolf.5286

Victuswolf.5286

Looks like most of the other mesmer armour out there with shiny armbands. (for males at least)

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Here are some pics of the outfit on all races for those interested: http://dulfy.net/2015/04/20/gw2-exemplar-outfit-and-mad-scientist-logging-tool-now-available-in-gemstore/

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I still wish I weren’t wearing a feather duster on my butt, but overall I really like the outfit.

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

So the armor set that people have been clamoring for since release is an outfit?

Outfits seems to be the direction they prefer to go with new looks. Personally I wish they would work on more ARMOR sets, but I must admit some of the outfits have looked really good on my characters.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Lunarhound.7324

Lunarhound.7324

If they’re continuing to make outfits rather than armor sets, it’s because they sell. If armor skins sold better than outfits, they’d make those. If I had to take an educated guess at a major reason outfits sell better, I’d probably hazard that it’s because you don’t have to pay every time you want to put a different one on. Now, let’s see, how could we make armor skin sets sell just as well, if not better, than outfits…?

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

If they’re continuing to make outfits rather than armor sets, it’s because they sell. If armor skins sold better than outfits, they’d make those. If I had to take an educated guess at a major reason outfits sell better, I’d probably hazard that it’s because you don’t have to pay every time you want to put a different one on. Now, let’s see, how could we make armor skin sets sell just as well, if not better, than outfits…?

Making them all usable by every profession would go a long way toward it. Warriors shouldn’t remain trapped in their plate armor when traveling through town.

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Brycar.2651

Brycar.2651

So happy the guys get another pair of pants and not a kilt, robe, or long coat which all look like dresses from the back. More pants!

Thanks a-net

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

More piece armors, less outfits. Seriously ANet, this is getting excessive. I have no problem with you selling them on the stores, but stop making them all in one immutable piece.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Lady Minuit.3186

Lady Minuit.3186

I really wanted this outfit for my thief so thank you Anet.

Now back to making more armor sets. Thanks!

Lady Minuit

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Sigh.

WTB armor skin version of this so that I can use just the top, please…

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Female armor is nice…, on Human, Norn, and Sylvari. Looks best on humans who (pretty much always) seem like the base model for the armor, and for all the other races, it was stretched and shrunk to fit. on Asura its alright, but on Char it looks pretty bad, and now I have to wonder what everyone was expecting who complained about the lack of female stuff for them.

Male armor looks nice on all the races. Can’t go wrong with a suit.

Also….

multi-piece Armor > single-piece outfits.

Why must we always get these outfits?!?

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: FoRcExVoRtEx.9548

FoRcExVoRtEx.9548

I would pay double the price for a set of armor skins that looked identical to this. Just putting that out there.

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It’s so bootyful. I love it. It’s snuggly warm.

It’s only flaw is I cant dye the shirt, boots and gloves sepperatly and it’s all linked.

That and the horror all costumes share, which is being unable to wear any headpiece with it. MY HORNS MAN MY HORNS!

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Spooksie.4930

Spooksie.4930

I still wish I weren’t wearing a feather duster on my butt, but overall I really like the outfit.

Same. I wish they had just given us the countess anise skirt or something similar. I don’t understand where their artists think that the more gaudy the better a piece is.

No one has ever heard of less is more over there I guess.

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Just to be sure: this outfit is staying on store “forever” or it’s limited and will be removed next week?

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: IEximius.9204

IEximius.9204

They could’ve had my money if they made it an armor skin instead of an outfit…but I was willing to settle for this one, just once…

but then they decided to exclude the anise shoulders, and substituted the skirt with some poofy buttpiece? Are we some sort of exotic bird or something? seriously?

I have no clue what the reasoning behind that one is, but that is absolutely ugly so I will not be wearing this .

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Ice Furl.4982

Ice Furl.4982

They could’ve had my money if they made it an armor skin instead of an outfit…but I was willing to settle for this one, just once…

but then they decided to exclude the anise shoulders, and substituted the skirt with some poofy buttpiece? Are we some sort of exotic bird or something? seriously?

I have no clue what the reasoning behind that one is, but that is absolutely ugly so I will not be wearing this .

Exactly, I was so excited for this armor but then they removed the pants for an ugly skirt and also removed the gloves so now this armor is ruined for me and I wont be spending my money on it. I would pay good money for thet original Aniese outfit though

Exemplar Attire

Doggie.3184

The Female version is Anise’s outfit but do any NPCs wear the Male version?

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: novalee marie.2458

novalee marie.2458

Love the look of this outfit! I have wanted it for my mesmer ever since I saw the armor sketch years ago. Thank you!

Pinnacle of Responsibility [Mom]
Yak’s Bend

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

This isn’t even Anise’s outfit. The skirt is different and there’s no mantle.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

Yeah, the female version looks terrible. It looks more like the female Lunatic Court finery from GW1.

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Ziantra.8502

Ziantra.8502

Lol I bought it and asked a male Guild mates opinion-he said “You look like an expensive hooker”. But at least its a step up from looking like a cheap one!

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Look like the old Mesmer armors. I’m sure some players will find them appealing. =)

Absolutely, the old Mesmer armors had some of the most amazing artwork back then. It’s only a shame that out of all the old armor artwork of GW1, it had to be the necromancer’s Krytan/profane armor set that got brought back as a classic armor set. The mesmer’s rogue’s armor would have been much better for both genders.

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Rozalynne.7409

Rozalynne.7409

I have wanted this armor since the mesmer skill release video. Sooo….2 1/2 years? Thanks, Arenanet! You made my week.

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: iczek.9628

iczek.9628

I would buy it if I could swap out the helm for a pair of shades.

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Khorrax.2108

Khorrax.2108

As someone put it so nicely, I too don’t like wearing a feather duster on my character’s but. And I also wanted this as armour, not outfit. But I was expecting it to be released as an outfit anyway, as this is the direction for the gemstore skins.

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

ROFL #Featherduster butt is so going to be a new thing…

Actually though I agree, that’s the perfect description of it! Though with all the rest of the outfit, I’ll happily clean where I sit.

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Sharkey.9805

Sharkey.9805

Nah, male one is rockin’.

Attachments:

Exemplar Attire

Naus the Gobbo.5172

We have enough fancy outfits now.

I want a hobo outfit, or a beach outfit. Gimme gimme gimme.

Exemplar Attire

Doggie.3184

swimsuits?

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Can’t have enough fancy outfits, you can make a hobo armor combo or just roll an engi and equip a kit (ha ha ha).

Beach outfits… won’t come i guess.

Exemplar Attire

Doggie.3184

Can’t have enough fancy outfits, you can make a hobo armor combo or just roll an engi and equip a kit (ha ha ha).

How dare you.

Exemplar Attire

serenke.4806

How dare you.

Because some of us have been watching the npcs on the consortium beach appear in nice swimwear for two years and we were crafting theories that we might get them this summer, or the next summer, and here we are in the third summer now

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Oh look, another outfit.

Oh look, me still not paying for parts I can’t mix and match.

I don’t disagree that it’s pretty and would find a place on several of my characters, but bottom line is I will not pay to slit my own throat on the type of product I actually want – armor skins. Wallet’s gotta vote on this one.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Exemplar Attire

serenke.4806

Oh look, another outfit.

I don’t disagree that it’s pretty and would find a place on several of my characters, but bottom line is I will not pay to slit my own throat on the type of product I actually want – armor skins. Wallet’s gotta vote on this one.

Pretty sure that somewhere an arenanet employee is crying in a corner because of that.

Exemplar Attire

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Oh look, another outfit.

Don’t worry, I will buy enough outfits for them to not miss your cash.

I will not spend money on armour sets because they require transmutation charges and have class restrictions.

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’m sure there’s an employ up on the 5th floor that tracks sales on a day to day basis. And that employee knows very well that I’m not the only one who spends hundreds of dollars a year in the gem store and yet has zero outfits. I would never expect an 8-9 digit-per-anum company to pivot on my wishes, but you’re fooling yourself if you think there isn’t an aggregate effect.

I don’t begrudge the existence of outfits – clearly they make enough money to support themselves as a branch of activity. But if ANet would like to reach more of a market, they need to release them as armor skins too, as they are clearly built on the same engine. Either separately or bundled skin-set & outfit.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I may, when the cash flow gods smile upon me again, consider the Attire as a purchase. Then again, as it’s an outfit, there’s every chance I won’t.

Armour piece skins would’ve been nicer. I would’ve coughed up more cash (when the cash gods smile upon me again, natch) and bought a slew of transmutes into the bargain.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Exemplar Attire

serenke.4806

I wouldn’t be so sure of that. Anet has a tendency to get weird results based on their metrics. Then they draw conclusions that You or i would never ever dream of. Meanwhile i am buying outfits with gold>gem because they are convenient, have no glitches and can be worn on any class with no transmutation charges.

While i also like to mix and match (i must have spent days playing with the pvp locker before going into matches back when the locker was still a thing), i am not opposed to outfits.

I do respect that you are a person of prinicples though. Hats off.

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: tramwajarz.2369

tramwajarz.2369

It’s an oufit. That’s disappoiting. Again I can save some money.

outfits (…) have no glitches

This is a lie.

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

Im with you tramwajarz. No outfits anymore. Keep the strike going.

Yesterday a friend told me ingame. Hey, have a look at the gemshoppe. Theres new armor. I thought wow. Adrenaline went running high. I felt very very good and happy just for getting a hammersmashedface seing the truth. Another Outfit. So no joy while combining and expermentating with new single armor pieces.

…after that the mighty snorlax of resignation appeared ^(-_-)^ and beamed me back into the Championfarmzerk dreaming of better times.

Exemplar Attire

serenke.4806

It’s an oufit. That’s disappoiting. Again I can save some money.

outfits (…) have no glitches

This is a lie.

Ok they have not as many glitches on my characters anyway, as some of the mismatched lovecraftian nightmare armor combos that i see sometimes.

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

Combining single armor pieces with glitches are still 1000 times more fun than uniform ourselves with outfits.

Exemplar Attire

serenke.4806

Yes of course and you have your thousands of pieces to mix from. Enjoy.

Exemplar Attire

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

I wouldn’t be so sure of that. Anet has a tendency to get weird results based on their metrics. Then they draw conclusions that You or i would never ever dream of.

Or their metrics just show completely different things from what people on the forums think their metrics show, and Anet are drawing completely logical conclusions.