Exotic Hunting With Mystic Forge

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Munie.2609

Munie.2609

So I heard you can get exotics from the mystic forge by putting in 4 level 80 rares.

Does any one knows what happens if:

1. I put in 4 level 80 weapons of the same type
2. I put in 4 level 80 weapons of different type
3. I put in 4 level 80 armors of same type
4. I put in 4 level 80 armors of different type
5. I put in 2 level 80 armors and 2 level 80 weapons

Which of the above options have the chance of exotics?

Note When I say different type, I am referring to “coat” as opposed to “shoulder”. However, does light-medium-heavy armor make a difference when you mix and match?

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

In the case of weapons if you put all the same type you get the same type back almost 100% of the time. I haven’t done much with armor other than mix them in with rare weapons and what you get back seems pretty random. But yes all those scenarios you have a chance at getting an exotic back.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Munie.2609

Does anyone know of a thread where this type of thing is discussed?

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

possibly crafting thread, seems right up their alley.

#ELEtism

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

If the items are the same type you will get that type of item back 100% of the time, If its a mix of items it will be random. No matter the way you do it you do have a CHANCE at getting exotics.

But.. lets say you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting an exotic with 4 rares, that is 20 rares that you are tossing down the drain that could net you 15s-25s each for a 1 in 5 chance of an exotic that would be worth 1-4g.
Its known as the Mystic Toilet for good reason.

Munie.2609

If the items are the same type you will get that type of item back 100% of the time, If its a mix of items it will be random. No matter the way you do it you do have a CHANCE at getting exotics.

But.. lets say you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting an exotic with 4 rares, that is 20 rares that you are tossing down the drain that could net you 15s-25s each for a 1 in 5 chance of an exotic that would be worth 1-4g.
Its known as the Mystic Toilet for good reason.

Thanks dawg

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

I’ve been trying this lately with lv 80 rare weapons of the same type. So far 7 forges and no exotics. Hardly a big enough sample size to make a conclusion out of, but it’s not looking so good from my end. Basically hoping to roll a precursor :P

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

If you mix four different armors of the same set. You you get a different piece of armor from that set.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

nope they nerfed it or it’s being affected by the newest lopsided rule (that people mistakenly call RNG when it’s really not) because there is no random chance when it’s 0 for one side and all the time for another.

It’s the reason why I call that things the mystic toilet. Flush everything away.

I wouldn’t bother if I were you until they fix this because it’s pretty obvious they don’t believe in choice to achieve goals in a game where choice is supposed to be the main theme, that’s the explanation I’d give for the way they’ve handled loot.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

for 4 lvl 80 rare hammers you get back 1 lvl 80 rare hammer and that is why people call it the mystic toilet. save sell at trader and buy what you wont because your not going to get anything you hope for without burning all you have and then posting on the forums how broken and rubbish the forge is. Or so I hear anyway lol

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

Its 20% chance.