Exotic gear frustrations

Exotic gear frustrations

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

I don’t want to quit on this game yet but the past few times I’ve logged in I’ve wanted to ragequit. I got my Necromancer to 80, time to get some gear so I can WvW without zerg humping. I am in greens, I am going for the Arah set. Bear in mind I am not a fan of PvE outside of single player games. One run on one path takes two to three hours (pretty much all the time I have with real world responsibilities and all). During those two to three hours I am dieing constantly because people insist on running through the trash instead of killing it. This is supposed to actually be faster then doing it the right way. I am not the only one dieing, usually everyone is dieing except one elite hardcore vet, generally a warrior who can make it through a mile of trash mobs without anyone’s help.

I can’t take it. What other ways are there to get exotic gear? I can’t take another run of constantly wiping to trash because no one actually wants to fight the trash.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

You can craft exotic gear, you can buy it on the trading post. You can buy WvW exotic gear for badges on the home borderlands. You have many options for exotic gear.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Karma, crafting (tailoring for light armor), TP (gold).

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: Gerolux.5978

Gerolux.5978

other options are to craft it or buy it. not a very long list of options available for exotic gear. for buying, you have karma, and TP.

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

There are seven other dungeons you can run, and all of those will be a lot shorter than pretty much any path in Arah. CoE and CoF both have zerker gear, if that’s what you’re wanting from Arah. If you’re just going for Arah for the skin, then you’re stuck.

You can also craft your gear, buy it on the trading post, buy it in wvw with both badges of honor and gold, or buy it from temples in Orr for karma.

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Oh my.

Dude, do the daily world boss chain and get tons of gold that way.

Join a guild, follow the tag, and do a bunch of world bosses and get a ton of rares (which you can sell or salvage for gold).

You should easily get a full set of exotic gear in a week that way.

Whisper me in-game and I’ll help you find a group to do daily world boss train with.

Also, Arah is hard. It’s supposed to be hard. Especially on a Necromancer. I don’t suggest doing it just for the armor (unless you really desperately need the skin). If you’re just going for exotic gear, much more economical to buy it off of the TP.

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

Karma gear was my first set of exotics for each of my level 80s….you can even get rare level 80 gear cheap….no need to run around in greens.

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

I would suggest using the LFG tool and change your message to something like “looking for more for Arah. Path (whichever) complete run/no skipping”. Maybe it will take less time without constant wiping. Never done Arah explorable so I am not sure but it’s worth a try.

Usually I can find people pretty quickly using the LFG tool that actually want to listen and do things according to the message I post. I often post “casual run/no speedrunners”.

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Indeed, I add the same opinion as above. The Arah set is really only there for the looks. There are plenty of much easier ways to obtain exotic armour if that is all you are after.

What server are you on? Someone may be able to tell you when daily Temple and Boss raids are done on that server which will help as well.

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I suggest getting it from Karma (cost no gold, only 42k karma per piece). or buying them from the TP. Some pieces can be as low as 1 G, depending on stats and/or runes.

Equip everything in exotic, then you can go for the most difficult armor to get in the game. With the new Wardrobe, you will be able to change your skins without problems!

You won’t be able to finsish Arah in Masterwork. You neef full exotic and really good preparation/skills. Super duper experienced group can finish p3 in 7,5 mins. Noobs will finish it in 3 hours…

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

BTW, Karma gear can be bought from each of the temples (different stats in each)…you can mix and match from different temples (each piece) to put together a really good set of exotic gear….and you should have enough Karma by the time you reach 80 to get a full set…..unless you speed-leveled through crafting or something like that which doesnt grant Karma.

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

As a disclaimer before I respond, I do not do WvW and only run occasional dungeons or fractals with my guild mates. I spend a lot of time in the open world doing whatever I want…

So, that said, I started late last year just buying my complete set of exotic equipment on the TP. I get a few ascended items from laurels or guild commendations and the odd thing here and there from LS rewards but, beyond those, I decide what I want for gear for my new level 80…and then just go buy it. The prices are very, very reasonable and I get exactly what I want. Other folks may have other approaches, but this one is what works for me. Hope this helps.

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Just-dinged-80-best-way-to-exotic/first#post3815026

But if you want the look of Arah, then your only choice is struggle through the dungeon (or buy the paths but that would be very expensive).

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: Dehvi.1435

Dehvi.1435

I’m sorry if this offends, but this post is pathetic. Exotic gear is really easy to get. Costs a couple gold to get full gear of average looking gear, and if you want your guy to look good, then just put a little more time into it. But if you are only worried about the stats… 15 gold is not hard to come by

The only thing achieved without effort is failure

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

Arah armor would look perfect for a necromancer. Good luck getting it.

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Personally, I’d advise against buying exotics with karma, since it has become a pain to obtain unless you’re a fractal runner. Better to save it for ascended crafting if you plan on doing that.

I think it’s easier to buy it off the TP, since there are many ways to make gold in this game.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Exotic gear frustrations

Schurge.5194

Thanks, I am going to try other dungeons with ’zerker tonight I had assumed it was all equally difficult. I happen to have exactly 15 gold so if necessary I can just buy some stuff and I am sure there are money guides that can be googled.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

Exotic gear frustrations

Schurge.5194

Oh, and I’m on Blackgate.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

This page is very useful, I would recommend to focus primarily on the “Citadel of Flame” (CoF) as it’s the easiest dungeon by far, Crucible of Eternity (CoE) can be runned quickly too if you know what you’re doing.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment_acquisition_by_stats

You can search for all the ways to get Berserker gear.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

Arah is the most difficult dungeon in the game, you shouldn’t be running it if you are still wearing greens. Its easier to farm gold then buy exotic gear from the tp.

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

Exotics are easy…. I have 8 lvl 80 toons all of them in mix n’ match temple armor bought with karma (and yes some were outfitted before the big karma nerf), exotic weapons are better bought off the TP or WvW vender in my opinion it could take a long time to get the drop you need, but there’s really no reason to run around in masterwork armors once you hit 80, you should have either the gold, badges, or karma to equip your toon.

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Sorry OP, but you are clearly a newbie with still 0 experience in this game.

What you need is a guild or some friends ingame, which clearly show you first, what you can do all in this game to get quick enough on better gear.

Exotic Gear is easy enough to get…but wih lousy 15 Gold won’t you come very far in this game. That money maybe enough for a set of exotic gear, but surely not to make that set complete with some good runes…

The best thing you can do to get easy access to exotic gear early in the game, when you have not much money, not much karma, not much badges and all the other tings that allow you to get quick everythign you need is to play first the game normally and get your character as quick as possible up to lvl 80.
From that point on you just farm the dungeon Citadel of Flames the 3 paths daily, until you have enough tokens from that dungeon to make you a complete armor set out of that dungeon.
Best for classes like Elementalists, Warriors, Guardians, Rangers basically all that have access to Burning.

Either this for an offensive Berserker Equipment, or instead you go farm the Dungeon Honor of the Waves Path 2 and 3 (1 only together with very experienced players that know how to deal with the new Ice Troll), that dungeon for Soldier Equipment, which offers also a good defnesive Rune Set that gives you alos a nice bonus on max health with the vitality that it gives plus its one of the very few, if not only rune set, that can give you Stability in combat and the 25% chance for Retaliation is also nice for some extra passive dps when being hit alot

These two dungeons are alot faster, alot easier than the Arah Dungeon. You will definetly have the needed tokens alot faster together from those 2 dungeons, than from doing Arah Runs, where you also have to wait alot of time, before you even find very good people to do that dungeon with you, cause 90% of the LFG’s for that dungeon you only seee since the lfg tool got implemented are stupud Dungeon Sellers that came up like a plague since this day which want to make only profit out of other people.

Once you have a Solder and/or Berserker Armor Set, the best thing you can do from that point on to make quickly money and karma is to go either to Frostgorge Sound or to Queensdale and follow there hour for hour for hour over days and weeks the Champ Trains

Yes you have read right… its boring grind, but sadly until today the most effective way in this game to make efficiently karma and gold. Either this, or you participate in WvW Karma Trains running around with zergs from Keep to Tower to Camp to Keeps ect. abnd so on, what is very similar to the 2 above Champ Trains, but in my opinino far more entertaining, than to bash always again and again on the same weak Champ bosses that instantly get overrolled by the zerg.

In WvW you might have at least often the chance to fight against other players, whats definetely more entetaining that to keep on running brain afk in circles always the same route , plus that way there you also gain WvW Exp and you will gain quickly WvW rank ups there, which will additionally reward you with gold, badges of honor and loot, where you might get the luck to get also rewarded with ascended equipment from these chests…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: flipyap.5789

flipyap.5789

i dont understand this, are these people not playing the same game? exotic gear costs like less than 20g for a full set and 15g for trinkets, plus you can craft it all, do dungeons, in fact pay for arah. Honestly, I dont understand the confusion.

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I assume you’re new, if you are, you’re probably getting a lot of feat chests or are close to them.

Those give Badges of Honor which is WvW alt currency. There you can buy pretty cheap exotic gear as people have mentioned. Make use of those for cheap stuff.

Also there is a lot of CHEAP exotic on the black lion trading. We’re talking 1g or less. If you can find them it’s worth buying those. Assuming they are the stats you want, don’t buy bad stat gear just because it’s exotic.

Your trinkets/accessory/amulet are probably going to be the most expensive gold wise as there’s no real good alternate way to just buying the ~5gold ones on the trader. But money comes and goes, you’ll eventually have enough. Personally I make about 15-30 a day just running dungeons.

Then also get your Orr exploration done, at least through Temple of Dwayna, Balthazar, and up to Arah (anchorage waypoint). Doing so will let you get in on those events after reset each day, they are good money from all the various drops, plus dragonite, plus they open and vendors are there selling exotic gear, namely back pieces which could be something you need, it’s karma though, and getting karma can be an issue, but if you’re like me you have a good 100k saved after leveling and using that to mitigate some of the inital cost of your first char is worthwhile IMO.

If I had to tell someone 1 thing to do, it’d be simply to get your Ascalonian Catacombs lockout each day, that’s like 3.5g just for completion, not counting any drops you get inside. Then you also get 2 dungeons done for some tears, you can buy gear with that, or if you don’t like the stat options you can simply buy Focus for weapons, or Head for armor, and salvage them (the exotics, not the rares) for a chance at inscriptions which sell for like 3 gold each. So basically just running those two dungeon paths you’re making 4-5 gold a day, worth the 30-1hour it takes (usually more around 30mins maybe lower but some groups aren’t that great when you pug).

Hope all that helps. I started like 5-6 weeks ago. Trust me, once you find your groove it all comes pretty quickly. When you get to ascended is when it gets crazy.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Exotic gear frustrations

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

To the OP:

Before anyone else complains how much of a “newb” you are, and that gold is easy to come by, let me address some of your concerns.

If all you want is Temple Armor from the Karma vendors, it is relatively easy to guest on different servers to find one where the waypoint and corresponding karma merchant is open, as long as you have them unlocked for your character. All Karma armor is soulbound, so you will need to pick your stats before you make the effort.

Having said that, there are sets on the TP that will do much better for you as far as stats go. You are welcome to add me to your friend list in-game and I will be happy to help you pick the stats you need for your play style.

On the other hand, if you are wanting the dungeon armor from the vendor that used to be in LA (and are now in Vigil Keep,) you will need to spend the gold to get something to get by with, and then turn in the tokens you get from running the dungeons in order to get the dungeon skins, and then transmute them on to your preferred armor set, which again can be either Karma armor or TP armor…

Exotic armor is relatively easy to get, but you will still need to pick your stats carefully. Some armor is exceedingly expensive (even though only exotic) and some not so much.

Good luck to you!

Level 80 Elementalist