Exotics, y u no drop?

Exotics, y u no drop?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Llywellyn.4635

Llywellyn.4635

Hey folks,

fist of all i want to apologize for my bad english. its not my native language… :/

back on topic:
I really dont know what to do to get some exotics to drop in this game…

I have the full explorer set with something about 110% MF unbuffed.

I have farmed Orr so many times – till i hit DR – but the best things that have dropped was only some rare stuff

Since I use the MF set i get a lot of green and blue things while doing events in Orr for example. Sometimes i also get rares but never ever exotics…

Do I need more magic find? Is there something like a “magical-boundry” you have to pass, like 100% MF and you sometimes will get rare loot and then 200% MF and youll sometimes get exotics?

I’ve also done many dungeons, with and without the MF-set but only had the impression that in dungeons the MF set doesnt help to get better loot…

what do you guys think?
is it only luck or do you really need a lot of MF to get some exotic loot?
and what’s with the dragons (jormag, tequatl,…) do you think that MF has any effect on the chests content?

would really love to hear what you think!

sincerely lly

sorry for any grammer and/or spelling mistakes
english isnt my native language

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

I believe exotics are only craftable, dungeon tokens, WvW rewards (badges of honor). Otherwise you could try playing the Mystic Forge game. Combining 4 like Rares (Yellows) to try and get an exotic? I’ve only had this happen for me 1 time out of about 30. So best of luck with you. If you need exotics, sell all your high level rares (yellows) on the Trading Post, and then accumulate some gold and buy some exotics.
Or you can work your trade skills.
Hope this helps!

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: zamrai.3784

zamrai.3784

I farm Orr events occasionally when I need a bit of gold for repairs & small expenses, having around 100% mf I haven’t had any exotic drop so far. I think only world boss event chests have a chance of dropping exotic.

The funny thing is this game’s mechanics try so much to fight unfun activities like farming, by killing gear progress and making diminishing returns but some people still farm whole days for a bit of gold coins they spend on some silly things. Funny, just funny.

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

The Mad King drops exotic, sometimes

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: Nottix.7864

Nottix.7864

Just luck I assume. I had one drop. Was some medium armor piece i couldn’t use. I didn’t have a crazy amount of MF gear on at the time. Maybe just a peach bar buff, if that, I don’t remember. I know others who have had one as a drop as well. I think it’ just one of those things that’s very very rare.

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: Hongxing.9528

Hongxing.9528

I have a few exotics I believe. I never really pay attention to the items I have. I don’t have much MF, maybe just 2% from amulets. I’m not sure where I got them either. Out of those few only 1 can be used.

The only one I can remember is yesterday while playing Mad King. Played about less than 10 times, and I’ve got 1 exotic. But of course, can’t use it on my ele.

I think plainly luck perhaps.

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

I just buy the stuff… I crafted all my jewelery but it is a time to reward ratio to think about. Do I spend a lot of time on the hope of getting something good or do I spend that time raising the money to just buy it.
I find my luck in GW and GW2 is not brilliant (GW2 is certainly better than GW – I think I must be the only person to get level 20 pre-searing and not get a black dye drop and every chest I have ever opened with a key was grape). So I have just developed a mentality of just farming rubbish, selling to merchants and buying the good stuff.
Incidently I have my MF at 131% before buffs… I can increase that to 152% from weapons and kills. Usually between 182% and 192% with buffs.
I find I get more cash drop, and often more stuff from gathering but not that much difference in terms of high end items.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

Exotics, y u no drop?

Llywellyn.4635

so its kinda like exotics will drop more often in dungeons and it doesnt matter how much mf one has because its more about luck than mf…

nevertheless i want to try to farm some events in orr with more than 200% mf…. just need to figur out how to get that much^^

@otaur
there are many exotics with specific names… im not sure if they drop or you can get i out of the mystic forge, but appartently the pre-cursors can drop at any event in orr -at least, this is what i heard- so i was thinking that other exotics may drop there aswell….!?

@zamrai
DR gives me headache….
farming is no fun at all but getting nice drop from mobs actually is :P

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: Redrumickey.9672

Redrumickey.9672

Complete a high level map and your get may exotic . Out of 3 class and 7 higher level maps completed got like 8 but I played as a asura all three times so in all only 1 piece was usable but was to low in level to use .I have yet to get any level 80 weapon or armor .

I run full luck and really don’t see the benefits .I got much much better loot on 50-70 then 70-80 levels .Higher level are jammed up with bots very good ones at that at every major event and farming spot return are horrible . Most time white and blue junk got one yellow out of 8 hours of farming curse shore .

Exotics, y u no drop?

Llywellyn.4635

…I find I get more cash drop, and often more stuff from gathering but not that much difference in terms of high end items.

i had exactly the same impression…

it would be very interessting to know how MF affects the droprate

in some other thread I’ve read that it has to be something like this:
100% MF doubles the dropchance of an item
for example: if the droprate is .30%, it will be .60% with 100% MF equiped

but im not sure about that….

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: Schlaxi.2674

Schlaxi.2674

I have monitored my own droprate for exotics and the rate of my fellow guildies.
My educated guess is you have an exotic drop per 200-400 skillpoints/levels.
My main character has made about 500 skillpoints and I got 2, a random drop in WvW from some french player (was a named rifle) and a trident out of a chest in the Honor of the Waves Dungeon Explorable Mode.

Officer & Event Coordinator @ [Reno] Renovatio – www.gilde-renovatio.com
Server: Elona Reach [DE]

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: captaincrunch.6731

captaincrunch.6731

I’ve gotten 2 drops in Orr of exotics in my playing experience thus far.

I have like 600 hrs playtime, 300+ of which were in MF gear though.

The chests for the champions and/or bosses in the recent Halloween stuff has given me three though.

Exotics, y u no drop?

Llywellyn.4635

hmmmm

1lvl = approximately 1 hour
500 skillpoints = 500 hours → 2x exotics
600 hours playtime = 600 skillpoints → 2x exotics

but with MF gear you should have gotten more if MF works the way i think it works… ^^

but nonetheless, if the droprate of exotics really works that way im kinda dissapointed because you just have to watch the clock and then you can tell -more or less- when youll get the next one!?
hmmm kinda weird…..

Exotics, y u no drop?

captaincrunch.6731

I’d wager i’ve gotten a few hundred rares from drops – but only the 2 exotics.

Seems to be something close to 1% or even .5% of the rate that rares drop.

(edited by captaincrunch.6731)

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: Arysta.9530

Arysta.9530

I’ve learned to stop hoping for anything good to drop in the game. I have a full set of magic find armor and still nothing drops. It’s just one thing on the long list of things that are fun in other games, but absent in this game.

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

First dropped exotic I got was in the MK dungeon.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

The maximum magic find you can carry at any time is 235%, I have no idea how to get it any higher.

225% extra mf:

6 pieces exotic explorers 6×3% =18%
5x Pirate runes 50%
1x Travellers rune 10%
5x exotic opal orichalcum accessories = 5×7% =35%
1x exquisite opal gem in back slot = 4%
travellers weapon 3%
25x stack of superior sigil of luck 15%
guild boost 10%
omnom/lotus fries 30%
mf booster 50%

This sometimes increases to 235% if i find a guild banner about.

I’ve run with this since the second week of the game, nearly 500 hours of magic find goodness, and I’ve only had 1 exotic drop. Some heavy armor level 78 boots, from a risen drake hatchling during Plinxes landing zone event in Cursed Shore.

Exotics, y u no drop?

captaincrunch.6731

Yep. For what it’s worth, 250% of a .01% drop is still just a .025% drop though.

There’s no use in farming for them, just be happy to be extremely lucky when you get one and look for rares the rest of the time.

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

I think that’s intentional. They don’t want people farming for Exotics. This game was built around people all having a fair chance to work for their endgame gear – either via crafting, dungeons, WvW, cultural, Orders, etc. This is not a “get lucky with RNG” game and that’s intentional – many of us came to this game because we hated that other games were so RNG based. So here, it’s much more equal and people get rewarded for skill and/or hard work with no RNG involved. You want exotics, there are clear paths to get them. I doubt they will ever up the drop rate of Exotics because this game is not about that and personally I like it. If I need gold I can farm events and gather a lot and make enough money from the drops I do get. But upgrading gear is another story.

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: Targren.6073

Targren.6073

It’s not just you. The only exotics I’ve ever seen came from rewards for map clearing 60-80 zones. They DO drop from chests though. On friday night, before the nerf, some mid-level IRL friends and I were farming the labyrinth. Between the 5 of us, 5 exotics dropped (Mad king armor. None for me, of course…)

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: Fenrir.4915

Fenrir.4915

I must say that i got one Exotic from a map completation chest.
I got 0% of MF.
But it was a dagger, and i am a Warrior.
3 g profit.

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: lejean.9615

lejean.9615

Go and complete Mad king clocktower for ur free exotic. Or complete 100% maps. I got 1 exotic drop from veteran elemental, after 200 hours.

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: Xilo.9567

Xilo.9567

AFAIK you can get 70-79 exotics from mob loot. The only chest I know of that drops lvl 80 exotics. (well a chance at it) is the Mad King Dungeon chest.

However farming with the goal of finding them is pointless. The chance is too low. When I farm I aim for rares. For Ectoplasms.

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: Mario.6309

Mario.6309

It’s all statistics. I don’t know the drop rates, but someone mentioned .01% drop rate on exotics. That’s a 1/10000 chance. 250% MF, .025% drop rate, that’s a 1/4000 chance. I think I did all the math right… I just woke up haha.

And this is just an average, you can’t expect to get 1 exotic every 4000 kills. It could take you 100 kills or it could take you 10000 kills or you may never find one. In the end, each individual kill is independent using that drop rate.

Exotics, y u no drop?

Posted by: Laika.8795

Laika.8795

The only chest I know of that drops lvl 80 exotics. (well a chance at it) is the Mad King Dungeon chest.

I got Zho’s Coat from Jormag, 0% magic find.