Wallets at the ready!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Expansion Announcement August 1st

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

Wallets at the ready!

nope, i bought gw2 i was happy with pve / wvw / spvp
i bought HoT i disliked PvE so much with so much focus on gliding and no more amazing events like cursed shore all farming came from freaking glide events i felt like whole map is build up in 2D super mario bro’s cus by walking u get nowhere everything is blocked off by walls and u gotta glide/use mushrooms or w/e to get around.
sPvP i started to dislike that pre hot already
WvW i still like it even tho these stupid HoT new builds kinda made WvW bit boring if u ask me.

so unless they can fix atleast freaking PvE maps to be OPEN and not closed by 100 walls and forcing u to use stupid jump mushrooms and glide then i would buy it but not for crap maps they have been doing lately (and no i didnt unlock all maps i just unlocked frostbite or w/e name is and that new map from today?) that is it i guess ah and that kittenty map that has endless floating little island everywhere worst kitten ever seen in my life

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Wallets at the ready!

i bought HoT i disliked PvE so much with so much focus on gliding and no more amazing events like cursed shore all farming came from freaking glide events i felt like whole map is build up in 2D super mario bro’s cus by walking u get nowhere everything is blocked off by walls and u gotta glide/use mushrooms or w/e to get around.
WvW i still like it even tho these stupid HoT new builds kinda made WvW bit boring if u ask me.

so unless they can fix atleast freaking PvE maps to be OPEN and not closed by 100 walls and forcing u to use stupid jump mushrooms and glide then i would buy it but not for crap maps they have been doing lately (and no i didnt unlock all maps i just unlocked frostbite or w/e name is and that new map from today?) that is it i guess ah and that kittenty map that has endless floating little island everywhere worst kitten ever seen in my life

Erm…. ok?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

I am super excited! I loved the HoT maps with gliding and mushrooms and can’t wait to see the new maps with new additions to the game.

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Hopefully we get a completed expansion to purchase this time around.

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

What do you mean? I was under the impression the expansion was completed when we received it. It has all the masteries the entire story all the events and achievements and so on. What was the expansion missing?

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

Haters gonna hate, such sad people.

Posted by: michelada.2947

michelada.2947

a nice price for what offered, HOT was overpriced until now that we received the full 3rd season

Posted by: Twiniu.1384

Twiniu.1384

Prepare for HoT map’s rewards nerf

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

HoT could of been a kitteneaper, i don’t know if it was discounted on ‘other’ sites though.
It took them a year to get WvW to being satisfying again, but still PvP/WvW profession balancing, wasn’t great.

Everything else added to WvW needed more testing though.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Posted by: Mikali.9651

Mikali.9651

I can’t wait for the Prophecy of Forgotten expansion reveal! finally!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I kinda wish they’d delayed the episode by one week and brought the announcement in with the episode like they did with LS2.

Posted by: Rasgalinj.2763

Rasgalinj.2763

Crystal Desert here I come…. next year probably!

Posted by: Magi.8643

Magi.8643

yay more death grind maps and per map based tokens just swapping a jungle for a desert…

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

I kinda wish they’d delayed the episode by one week and brought the announcement in with the episode like they did with LS2.

There’s a reason why they didn’t. This way they keep the hype going strong until next Tuesday, adding market value since everybody and their mother will be spreading the word and a million eyes are going to be watching the announcement. Plus, everybody has already played through the episode by then and knows what happened and what’s going to happen.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’m not hyped. It took them 6 months to fix HoT to a point where it’s was playable and not a bang your head against a wall if you where not on a full map if you wanted to get on with your story steps.

I’m going to be very sceptical about how “great” this one will be. And if the adding mounts is true, then they will have killed one of the reasons I like this game so much.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Emprer.7256

Emprer.7256

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyasassssss

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

What do you mean? I was under the impression the expansion was completed when we received it. It has all the masteries the entire story all the events and achievements and so on. What was the expansion missing?

Let’s start with the legendarys that were supposed to be included

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Here’s the pre-announcement: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/expansion/

Can’t wait!

Too bad they couldn’t announce the price!!!!!!!!!!!
Day one buyers/gem store buyers of the original GW2 prepare for another disappointment. Gouge forecasted. Will wait for the dust to settle, reviews are in and it is on sale. Its’ well worth the wait for the price to drop.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Perhaps, they will announce the price when they announce the expansion.

fps

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Let’s see here Promised Raids at launch- delayed till a month after.

Promised Legendary Armor-took 2 years to implement.

Promised a New set of Legendaries 2 years in and an Expac announcement later still not completed.

Promised a complete class- given a half baked class full of bugs that have plagued it for 2 years, that has incomplete Underwater.

All maps even PS were bugged to high heaven PS is still extremely bugged on Last chapter

promised new a well polished competive Pvp mode- scrapped after 1 year. Promised good leagues- up until s5 it was essentially alpha testing, now we are in Beta with s6.

Promised Elites as side grades to core- 2 years later The blatant power creep is being brought inline, due to new Expac and new Elite Specs.
Etc.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Promised a New set of Legendaries 2 years in and an Expac announcement later still not completed.

Promised a complete class- given a half baked class full of bugs that have plagued it for 2 years, that has incomplete Underwater.

All maps even PS were bugged to high heaven PS is still extremely bugged on Last chapter

promised new a well polished competive Pvp mode- scrapped after 1 year. Promised good leagues- up until s5 it was essentially alpha testing, now we are in Beta with s6.

Promised Elites as side grades to core- 2 years later The blatant power creep is being brought inline, due to new Expac and new Elite Specs.
Etc.

Argument is irrelevant under the circumstances, as ANet is under new management and as of yet no promises have been made.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

New expansion… only thing that matters is what happens to my ele! Dps spec sure, another support spec hell no!

Posted by: akenoyuki.8210

akenoyuki.8210

Hype!
*Checking my wallet… Oh.. um.. okay..
Hype!

Just hoping the new ranger elite class is gonna be dps this time

- Guild Wars 2 Helper Android App -
* Event Timer (including HoT Meta), Daily, WvW, Pact Supply, Account. Trading Post, etc:
* Google Playstore Link

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Here’s the pre-announcement: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/expansion/

Can’t wait!

Too bad they couldn’t announce the price!!!!!!!!!!!
Day one buyers/gem store buyers of the original GW2 prepare for another disappointment. Gouge forecasted. Will wait for the dust to settle, reviews are in and it is on sale. Its’ well worth the wait for the price to drop.

What gouge? I paid $100 for the Ultimate and am quite happy with what I paid. No gouging here for me. My wife and both sons also paid for the Ultimate and were quite happy with what was delivered both when it came out and all the LS episodes that go with it.
I like the game so I play it and when the expansions come out I will pay for them as well. If I didn’t like it I would just not play it anymore.

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

Not that excited either. Let me explain:

-They promised GvG…….Still feels like GvG is working on a glitch in the game (whisper to other players on other servers by blocking first to see their names)

-Dont give a kitten about Mounts…….In all honesty, it really makes 0 difference, and I can literally not understand people who want them or are against them.

-Counterstrike/Battlefield like PvP……………

-Metamaps are boring af

-The most important aspect: time…….This game used to be, get in, do w/e you want to in the world. Now it is, get in, make sure you arent doing anything for like the next 3 hours or 7pm – 8 pm………which I am………and then perhaps play.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Pretty excited. Since information has been held pretty closely hoping that it is this year and we are not getting an announcement now that this will be out in a year.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

I just hope that Anet avoids the hype train this time around. Anet, please don’t hype content that doesn’t come day 1 from the new expansion. I am tired of the “was too much for the staff to handle” tricks.

Be very wary of pre-ordering. I learned my lesson.

Posted by: Karnyvor.5482

Karnyvor.5482

If they don’t fix the prime time mass client crashes before it launches the new content won’t matter.

If they do fix it, it should be awesome.

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

nnnn I don’t need announcement, just put preorders up already, Anet. So I know that it’s close to releasing.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Be very wary of pre-ordering. I learned my lesson.

After the choppy handling of the story in Season 3, you’d think I’d’ve learned my lesson too.

I have not. I will still cross my fingers and hope that the upcoming story is more coherent, the elites are desirable, and the new battles to come are thoughtful instead of annoying, CC-laden garbage. :\

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Grumbler Guest.3865

Grumbler Guest.3865

Wallets at the ready!

u’re godkitten right brother. i’m happy to see somebody thinks excatly like me about HoT.

i hope next expansion contains less maguma stuff, weirdo mobs and more classical kryta things.

Posted by: Grumbler Guest.3865

Grumbler Guest.3865

Wallets at the ready!

u’re godkitten right brother. i’m happy to see somebody thinks excatly like me about HoT.

i hope next expansion contains less maguma stuff, weirdo mobs and more classical kryta things.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I admit, there are things that I don’t particularly care for with HoT. I can’t say I ‘hate’ them, they just aren’t in my favorites list. However, this is true for any game, any expansion, in the history of gaming. Ever. I fully expect there are going to be things I don’t like, and those things will be things that other people do like. That’s just how it goes. That said, I’m still eagerly awaiting the expansion information, wallet at the ready.

Now, all that said, and given the reactions by some in this thread, my advice to you is this: Wait and see. You may not like HoT, but whatever come next you may love. Those who thoroughly enjoyed HoT may hate what comes next. Or, you may decide what comes next is still not to your taste, at which point perhaps it’s time to move on and find something that is. That is merely the realities of gaming.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Following the formula of HOT.

They will add raids for more legendary trinkets
They will slightly nerf the old raids for the new raids
They will add new maps
They will add a specialization for each class
They will add a new guild hall
They will add new stories
They will add 5 stats equipment (jk)
They will add one new pvp map
They will add…nah…do nothing for wvw

That sounds really boring for 2 years of works.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^Seems familiar.

I don’t think new maps are boring. I don’t think Elite Specializations are boring, even if I didn’t care for each and every one last time. Nor many of the new Masteries, which you left off.

Of course, if it is all boring to one, one need not purchase. One can play in the old non-boring Core maps, or, if possible, the HoT maps.

Good luck.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Good for you.

Thai rice and japan rice are still rice so you eat them everyday without getting bored.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Prepare for HoT map’s rewards nerf

Doubtful. Tone down the tower events and final boss of DS but the rest of the maps are fine as is with the current scaling.

HoT content was completed. The only thing missing were a couple rewards. Legendary weapons were never stated to be included all at once with the expansion.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Etc.

They specifically stated before release that they were delaying raids for a few weeks. I think the reasoning they gave was to give players a chance to play the expansion and to work on a few masteries.

Legendary armor released with HoT. You cannot obtain it without the expansion. It was not stated that it would be available on day 1.

They never stated that legendary weapons would all be released on day 1. In fact, I think they specifically stated that only a few would be.

Rev is still fine. The meta build is a bit boring but players don’t have to go with that build. I’ve had no issues with the almost non-existent underwater content.

None of the maps, or the story, were “bugged to high heaven”. That’s a great over-exaggeration. I’ve completed the last chapter about thirteen times and never encountered a bug other than the one where you had to break the bars yourself. Basically all of the other issues were addressed quite some time ago.

People have praised some seasons with others criticizing those very same seasons. You’re not going to get perfect MMR because you can’t accurately measure personal skill in a team match. Players can also get carried and there’s always variations in how people won due to class comp, map, and so forth.