Expansion or Living story ? why

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

I would like both.Expansion for massive new content all at once and LS for keeping you playing even after you finish expansion.

Posted by: tyler the wild.3245

tyler the wild.3245

I’d love to see how cantha or elona aged over 250 years

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

Expansion 1000%

The LS was an interesting experiment but that’s all it really was. If I wanted to experience a living, breathing world (which the LS didn’t even really feel like anyway) I’d go outside. From what I’ve seen of the LS thus far, it just doesn’t deliver the meaty, PERMANENT content that an expansion delivers.

I mean, if Season 2 and on prove me wrong by adding substantial content with a better story that actually sticks around then I will eat my words, but I’d still prefer actual expansions to be sprinkled about. And honestly, I’m aching to give Anet money for an expansion at this point. I’ve spent about 50$ since launch on gems, but wouldn’t it be nice to have that AND the money I’d love to spend on EP’s?!

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

I like the idea of LS… I just want it to be done better. I hope that they’ve listened to the feedback that everyone had to give between LS 1 and LS 2. There were parts of it that I found really enjoyable and parts of it that I wasn’t so into. It’s a little depressing that I can’t replay anything that I did enjoy. There was such a great opportunity there to add a rich, flourishing story and to open new areas, jump puzzles, cities, interesting characters, and it fell short. I still don’t feel like I have a proper explanation for what I was doing either.

Mostly, I want new playable races and professions introduced in new, interesting zones. I don’t really care if that comes through an expansion or an improved LS arc.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

gimme GW3 (that will be more like GW1)

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

gimme GW3 (that will be more like GW1)

I know a game that is exactly like GW1!!!

It is… Wait for it…

…Guild Wars 1!

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

no kitten?!
did i say i want an exact copy of gw1 or something that will just be more like gw1? after all gw2 was advertised like “it will take all that was the best from gw1” …. but i can’t those things in this game.

Posted by: Andrax.4576

Andrax.4576

Guild Wars 2 can’t survive if it keeps giving us a ton of temporary content via LS.
It’s also really bad form of story telling (at least for the main story of the game) because once you miss it, you can’t experience it in the game anymore. (sure you can read about it, but why should you? It should be available in game.)

Expansion would give players a bunch of new permanent content and a replayable story, if they would go the same route as they did with GW1, without having to worry about missing some key parts of the story.

During the LS, i couldn’t get on GW2 for ~3 weeks due to irl stuff, which made me miss one whole chapter of the story, which i still find annoying, since i played through the rest.

I don’t want this same thing to be possible when the Mordremoth story begins.

Living Story can stay, but it should not be used for the main story.

-TL;DR
Expansion for Main story
Living Story for minor/side story

Rose Osiana [Elementalist]
Gandara EU
[DYE]

Posted by: CookieNoodle.6503

CookieNoodle.6503

While I love the living story, I’d rather have an expansion.

• More possibility to add new races with the new expansion story
  • New classes are an easier possibility
  • Bigger things added at once – like a huge map/even country
  • A new and bigger story – chance for lvl 80s to have more fun
  • Easier for ANET to add big updates that they normally cannot add in a patch, like housing, big areas, more endgame content, weapons and armor and most importantly – new big stories.
  • Good chance for Cantha and Elona
  • biggest reason of all: We have 5 more dragons to kill – living story will just slow the process down. Adding an expansion release will add a new personal story where you can continue your adventure like you first did.