Expansion pack = end of living story?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Curious if the incoming expansion pack means the end of living story and the two week cadence + small updates?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

I highly doubt it.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

They didn’t talk about that. However they did mention several times that it is important for GW2 to be a living world. My guess is, no it will not be the end of living world updates. It might delay them for some time once the expansion comes out but I think they will keep it going.

The Burninator

cesmode.4257

I didnt read all of the info on it, are they increasing level cap?

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

For a time, probably.

Maybe Season 3 (and 4) is going to be a warm up for the second expansion just like S 1-2 were a warm up for the upcoming expansion (the living story is “cheap” to make so, there is no point in drop the concept.)

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Klauren.7594

Klauren.7594

I don’t think they gonna end it until GW 3 be announced, and I believe we won’t be seeing any GW3 announced before 2018+

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

No, no level cap increase or gear increase. It was one of the first things they announced after announcing the expansion.

The Burninator

Posted by: Glovebox.5724

Glovebox.5724

Nope but they are introducing a mastery system which I can’t be bothered to explain

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I’m thinking the expansion will release in conjunction with living story season 3.

I mean, it wouldn’t make sense for them to continue the living story since they’ve kind of said and shown that the expansion stuff is supposed to pick up where season 2 left off.

Though that does make one wonder about how long it is to the release date as we might then experience a large dearth of content. They will need to fill the void with something (i.e. SAB).

Still many questions about how this will affect people who don’t buy the expansion and such and such… so many questions still.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

It wouldn’t even make sense to increase the cap. I mean, how many of us have tons of lvl books just sitting in the bank? Most of the game would meet the new cap withing the first 5 minutes of the xpak’s release.

We probably won’t be seeing a new LS for a while after the pack’s release, but it’s proven to be an effective way to keep peopel playing between massive content injections so I see no reason for them to not bring it back 5-6 months after the pack launches.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

God I hope so. I wouldn’t mind period content added to move the world forward in time a few months (like the cleanup and restoration of Lion’s Arch happening over time), but I’ve had more than enough of the episodic content delivered through the Living Story that, in my opinion, falls WAY short of what ArenaNet is capable of.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

I would love it if GW2 could release a single LS season between every expansion instead. That would keep the game in constant movement.

cesmode.4257

God I hope so. I wouldn’t mind period content added to move the world forward in time a few months (like the cleanup and restoration of Lion’s Arch happening over time), but I’ve had more than enough of the episodic content delivered through the Living Story that, in my opinion, falls WAY short of what ArenaNet is capable of.

I agree. So long as living story stays in the game, I’ll probably stay out. This announcement is very intriguing and I wish it happened a year ago. I just think, for me, its too late. This ship has sailed.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I doubt it. Living world is fine it just wasn’t a good replacement for traditional xpacs. It will work well as content delivery between expansions.