Expansion to GW1: The Founding of Ebonhawke

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: A Lizard Bolting Skin.7426

A Lizard Bolting Skin.7426

If Anet released an expansion to GW1 called “The Founding of Ebonhawke” would you buy it?

Basically, it would bridge the story between GW 1.5 and GW2, at least as far as the loss of Ascalon and the creation and siege of Ebonhawke. That area of the GW1 map is all unexplored. It could include more War In Kryta content, possibly including founding Divinity’s Reach. Point is, money in the bank for Anet. It would generate sales for the previous GW1 games with all of those who are playing GW2 but never played GW1.

Posted by: sanedude.9450

sanedude.9450

Anything gw1 or gw2 i would buy.

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Remember Guild Wars: Beyond? (War in Kryta, Hearts of the North, and Winds of Change) That was originally going to have stories set in Elona and Ascalon, including the founding of Ebonhawke.

It was scrapped once the Guild Wars: Beyond team faded away. So, sadly, this is not something that will happen, but it was planned to happen.

Posted by: A Lizard Bolting Skin.7426

A Lizard Bolting Skin.7426

Yes, but…my question is, if it happened, would you buy it? See I’m thinking if Anet sees the potential money in it, I mean they are a for profit organization after all…

The thing about Guild Wars beyond, is that it was free. Anet would make big bucks if they put out a 50 dollar expansion for Guild Wars. Think of the marketing that GW2 has given their franchise.

(edited by A Lizard Bolting Skin.7426)

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Anet won’t get even 1$ from me anymore.And this come from a player with 3k hours in GW2.I won’t buy expansions neither for GW1 nor GW2.I won’t buy even GW3 if it came out.I just don’t trust Anet anymore.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Only thing I will give RW money to “them” for is only if it’s a GW2 full expansion or another expansion/extension to GW1 or an ArcheAge Founders Pack whichever comes first.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

As an expansion, I’d buy it.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

If Anet released an expansion to GW1 called “The Founding of Ebonhawke” would you buy it?

Basically, it would bridge the story between GW 1.5 and GW2, at least as far as the loss of Ascalon and the creation and siege of Ebonhawke. That area of the GW1 map is all unexplored. It could include more War In Kryta content, possibly including founding Divinity’s Reach. Point is, money in the bank for Anet. It would generate sales for the previous GW1 games with all of those who are playing GW2 but never played GW1.

Depends on the price. But the. There is a lot left unanswered in guild wars that I would like answered, but I know it never will be now we have guild was 2.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Saw the thread title…got excited. So I guess yes. lol

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

Sure, if it had a reasonable amount of content for the price. The only reason why I’m not playing GW1 is that I’ve through all of its content. Still, I think something like this is highly unlikely.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

If it would get rid of all the gw1 whine I am all for it.

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

I have been hoping for more Guild Wars DLC that bridge the gap between GW and GW2, If they give rewards for GW2 by completing it, I guess they’ll sell a lot more.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: codiac.5642

codiac.5642

I would buy it! But it won’t happen because it’s not tied to the shop.

It’s more likely to happen as a living story prequel type of thing so that skins and such can be sold in the shop.

HOD since beta

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Heck yeah I would. As well as anything continuing the Palawa Joko storyline too. :P

Posted by: LesserHellspawn.3160

LesserHellspawn.3160

I’d buy. Without second thought. I was very much looking forward to the remaining GW Beyond snippets, and was very sad when they got canned.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Yes, but nothing gw2esque. If it focused on interplayer coordination through meaningful, instanced group content with the dark, majestic feel of gw1 I’d be there in a heart beat. This Disney world pretty pony rainbow unicorn zergfest has strayed too far from what I loved about gw1.

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

If I would buy it, I’d wait half a year after its release to make sure they’re not adding a gear treadmill to that game as well.

Posted by: Murth.5637

Murth.5637

Yes I most definitely would.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

YES, I would! Totally!!!
Love Ascalon and Ebonhawke. <3

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

if it’s made by the developers of GW1 then yes, sure. I would love to see GW1 becoming active again with new patches/expansions.

As long as the current living story team stays the hell away from it. Dont want GW1 lore getting ruined by them.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Dude, you owe me at least 20s of my life back. When I saw the title I thought “it can’t be, an expansion to GW2!?!?” Don’t play with people like that